About 900 U S Military Bases In The World

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
More than likely no more than 600 of them overseas. The second world war has been over for 66 years but we have hundreds of bases in Germany and Japan.

The war in Korea has been over for 58 years but we have 75,000 troops there.

WE should get our asses out of the middle eastern oil countries where we have maintained a presence all of my life...'course I'm just 77.

How would you feel if there were foreign troops in Texas and California? Probably like blowing something up.

More than likely no more than 600 of them overseas. The second world war has been over for 66 years but we have hundreds of bases in Germany and Japan.

WE should get our asses out of the middle eastern oil countries where we have maintained a presence all of my life...'course I'm just 77.

How would you feel if there were foreign troops in Texas and California? Probably like blowing something up.

The war is not over in Korea, it is still a cease fire.

At this point we are still there because their government ASKED us to remain there longer.

Last edited:

At this point we are still there because their government ASKED us to remain there longer.

How much does their government pay us to be there?

I suspect in virtually all if not all cases we are paying them for us to be there.

Yes,we've been bombing and at War with someone for the last 70yrs. We are a thoroughly militarized nation at this point. Most people alive today cannot remember a time when we weren't bombing someone around the world. Just imagine a time of real peace? Seems unimaginable now huh? I would like to see us scale back our presence around the world and put an end finally to all these wars. They just don't ever seem to end. Time to give all this aggressive foreign interventionism stuff a break.

I do believe they've spotted Mexican troops in both Texas and California.. ooops...

I suspect in virtually all if not all cases we are paying them for us to be there.

That's nice of us.

Sort of like the local police department paying the townspeople for the privilege of protecting them.

Bill Maher is right; we are the stupid country.

Did we ask them to PAY us to remain there longer? If not, why not?

Who or what are we "protecting" all these nations from anyway? Why can't they protect themselves? And one poster made a great point about them paying us to be there. Why do we pay them for us to stay there? It is a very flawed foreign policy for sure.

Who or what are we "protecting" all these nations from anyway? Why can't they protect themselves? And one poster made a great point about them paying us to be there. Why do we pay them for us to stay there? It is a very flawed foreign policy for sure.

It's all about justification for the military-industrial complex Eisenhower warned us against.

It's all about justification for the military-industrial complex Eisenhower warned us against.

Pardon me, but was he not referring more to Nazi Germany style military-industrial complex?

Maybe so. I just don't get why we're paying them for us to stay and "protect" them. It makes no sense. Time to wrap it up. Bring em all back home. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism has had its day. And now it's time for that day to end.

We replaced the British Empire. We have occupied nearly every country we've been in. My granddaughter and her family are in Germany now waiting for him to deploy to Afghanistan. He served two tours in Iraq beginning about five years ago.

There are very powerful corporate interests in the defense lobby.

I don't know what you're bitching about. Clearly we all elected our dear leader to get us out of the wars in the Middle East and to reduce our military footprint and influence, just like a good little progressive.

And hasn't he performed wonderfully in that regard?

Dial 911 and file a complaint with Obama, asshole.

I don't know what you're bitching about. Clearly we all elected our dear leader to get us out of the wars in the Middle East and to reduce our military footprint and influence, just like a good little progressive.

And hasn't he performed wonderfully in that regard?

Hey dumbass...who started those wars? 3000 people get killed by terrorists in our country and so far about 4500 of our young men and women have been killed, 150,000(conservative) innocents and at least two million fled their homes in Iraq and traveled to Syria and Jordon. Kinda hard to clean up two wars and a wrecked economy.

When FDR took over Hoover's mess in 1932 it wasn't cleaned up till the second world war started. I wouldn't be a little bit surprised to see Obama elected again. Roosevelt served so many terms that the congress outlawed it.

Which is fine, but they can pay us for our services.

I don't believe these numbers. What qualifies as a base? There are only a couple of actual bases in Japan for instance, a few more in Okinawa, and each base has "camps" and detachments. I suspect that every small command or detachment is being listed as a base.

Follow THIS link to see the Bases listed for Japan for instance.

Last edited:

They work long hours for little pay in dangerous environments, Why are you trying to deny servicemen the availability of easy foreign women?

Forum List

Back