Abortion: Quality of Life of the baby

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

What about these exceptions:

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill. I'm sure that will lead to: "but I really wanted a girl this time". Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

This is the main flaw of the Republican party. Their fiscal policy is better in theory, not in practice. Their foreign policy is somewhat exceptable (please space out the wars, or at the very least make them revenue neutral, in other words...pay for them first).

It is their social policies that make them unelectable to a vast amount of people. They tell us that we need smaller government and less regulation. Yet in the next breadth they try to use government policy meddle in the lives of Americans. Terry Schivo is the prime example of what the Religious Right wants our government to be. It should scare the hell out of everyone. Their slogan should be "Less government in the business community because it is FAIR, and more government in the personal lives of the citizenry, for BALANCE. This is their idea of FAIR and BALANCED.

They tell us that we need smaller government and less regulation. Yet in the next breadth they try to use government policy meddle in the lives of Americans. Terry Schivo is the prime example of what the Religious Right wants our government to be.

Less Obama phones.

More protection of terminating the infirmed and feeble.

Smaller government works.

By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill.

We terminate life support every day. We remove feeding tubes and turn off life support in a compassionate manner. WHEN THE FAMILY DECIDES!!

Elderly patients are given morphine when they get pneumonia. (morphine helps them die w/o pain) Doctors call pneumonia the old persons friend.

That's called compassion.

I'm sure that will lead to: "but I really wanted a girl this time".

The slippery slope does not apply as I was very specific. Don't straw man me, okay?

Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

How do you jump from Zygote/embryo to baby? A non-viable fetus can not live outside the womb. A non-viable fetus w/o a spinal chord will a die a painful death durning delivery. Why would you not terminate that pregnancy?

Do you like to cause babies pain and then let them die?

And who are you to decide for me what is quality of life.

Don't you people realize you lose the fight as soon as you go to the 'baby killer' extreme?

We terminate life support every day. We remove feeding tubes and turn off life support in a compassionate manner. WHEN THE FAMILY DECIDES!!

Elderly patients are given morphine when they get pneumonia. (morphine helps them die w/o pain) Doctors call pneumonia the old persons friend.

I'm sure that will lead to: "but I really wanted a girl this time".

The slippery slope does not apply as I was very specific. Don't straw man me, okay?

Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

How do you jump from Zygote/embryo to baby? A non-viable fetus can not live outside the womb. A non-viable fetus w/o a spinal chord will a die a painful death durning delivery. Why would you not terminate that pregnancy?

Don't you people realize you lose the fight as soon as you go to the 'baby killer' extreme?

Guess I touched a nerve.

Guess I touched a nerve.

Do you want to address why so-called 'pro-lifers' would rather see a baby die a painful death than terminate a zygote?

Do you want to address these serious issues at all?

Or just make snarky remarks.

I think I touched the nerve with you because you are unable to do anything except scream 'baby killer'.

Tell us what you know about Down Syndrome the serious health issues that come with it.

All I ask is that you be consistant in your thinking. This is an inconsistancy. The right to life must be consistant to remain credible. Remaining inconsistant allows me and others like me to view you as the hypocrites you make yourselves out to be.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

I'm sure your parents wanted an intelligent baby.........but loved you regardless of what they ended up with.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill. I'm sure that will lead to: "but I really wanted a girl this time". Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.
.....And, you "conservatives" always manage to "disappear" , around adoption-time!!

"conservatives";
Missing In Action

pat-robertson.jpg

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

down syndrome is not a reason to abort. I have found these children are happy and very loving.. Hearts can be fixed. There is so many things that can help deformed spines . I guess you want every child that is not 100 percent perfect to be aborted. Same like Hitler wanted a master race.. HUH.. Pretty soon there will be test for autistic people in the womb you will want them killed as well..

If the baby is 100 percent going to die shortly after birth then yes it should be an option but not for all the things you posted above:mad:

Guess I touched a nerve.

Do you want to address why so-called 'pro-lifers' would rather see a baby die a painful death than terminate a zygote?

Do you want to address these serious issues at all?

Or just make snarky remarks.

I think I touched the nerve with you because you are unable to do anything except scream 'baby killer'.

Tell us what you know about Down Syndrome the serious health issues that come with it.

I know they can't determine whether or not a baby has down's until the fifth month.

That isn't zygote or an embryo. That's a baby.

I found some pictures of severely deform infants being kept alive on life support. Babies with their brains and spinal cords exposed.

I won't post them here, but I suggest you 'compassionate' pro-lifers do a little reading and research before you running your mouths.

You would rather force a baby to experience a slow death, than terminate a zygote or embryo.

Forum List

Back