CDZ Abortion Perspective

You're a little late. The stupid pig who pretends to be vice president already picked a side blatantly and prevented funding for PP, but the government is still funding anti-choice organizations and more are applying to suck off the taxpayers' tit through programs like Title X. They already have the Hyde Amendment. If federally funded groups are prohibited from even mentioning the existence of abortion as an available choice, they should also be prohibited from pushing the anti-choice view. Equal funding or no funding.

th

Late??? I think you missed my point of the thread.

My position is no government funding for anyone and start a charity for your little righteous causes.

*****SMILE*****

:)

In your original post, you wrote that
If these pro-abortion people don't want others telling them 'what to do with their body' what gives them the right to demand government funding to support an institution/agency (Planned Parenthood) to tell them what to do with their bodies?

which is a statement that PP tells people what to do with their bodies, which it does not do.

Later you wrote that
And anti-abortion groups are being forced to fund pro-choice initiatives like Planned Parenthood.

when it is no longer the case that PP receives any federal funding, even for care that is not related to abortions.

What should be done to make sure that anti-abortion groups do not receive federal funding if your position is no government funding for anyone?

th

The controversy rages. Both sides at each others throats over an issue that neither will give ground on. One side says that it's murder while the other side says that others no right to tell them what to do with their body. In perspective both are have a point for mankind has many laws both religious and secular. Which in turn can lead to many questions on the subject. One such question that I've never seen asked is the following...

If these pro-abortion people don't want others telling them 'what to do with their body' what gives them the right to demand government funding to support an institution/agency (Planned Parenthood) to tell them what to do with their bodies?

*****SMILE*****

NOTE: This is the Clean Debate Zone and it would be greatly appreciated if mod involvement for flaming and other offences not be required for this thread.

Both men and women use Planned Parenthood. The government doesn't "fund abortions".

Men's Medical Health Services | Planned Parenthood

Are you sure? You tell me, how many abortions would PP be doing if they got no gov't funding at all, compared to how many they do now? You can play with the words all you want, but if they weren't getting a heckuva lot of our tax dollars then they wouldn't be doing nearly as many abortions. If you pay for your own, fine. Don't like it, but fine. If you can get a pro-choice group to pay for it, fine. Don't like it, but fine.

The government hasn't funded abortion care since the passage of the Hyde Amendment in 1976. Then the trumpetts voted to defund PP and PP formally refused all federal funding.
Now what is to be done to make sure that anti-abortion groups do not receive taxpayers' money? HHS has now been fully staffed with anti-choice protesters. Who will be the watchdog to make sure that they cannot siphon off federal funds for their pet cause?

th

The controversy rages. Both sides at each others throats over an issue that neither will give ground on. One side says that it's murder while the other side says that others no right to tell them what to do with their body. In perspective both are have a point for mankind has many laws both religious and secular. Which in turn can lead to many questions on the subject. One such question that I've never seen asked is the following...

*****SMILE*****

NOTE: This is the Clean Debate Zone and it would be greatly appreciated if mod involvement for flaming and other offences not be required for this thread.

Both men and women use Planned Parenthood. The government doesn't "fund abortions".

Do you know the definition of fungible?

Definition of fungible

1: being something (such as money or a commodity) of such a nature that one part or quantity may be replaced by another equal part or quantity in paying a debt or settling an account Oil, wheat, and lumber are fungible commodities.fungible goods

2: capable of mutual substitution : INTERCHANGEABLE… the court's postulate that male and female jurors must be regarded as f\ungible— George Will

3: readily changeable =pt to new situations : FLEXIBLEManagers typically use more than a hundred different lineups over the course of the season. Batting orders are so fungible that few players last long in one spot.— Tom Verducci

What should be done to make sure that anti-abortion groups do not receive federal funding if your position is no government funding for anyone?

th

Exactly what I posted... No government funding for any agency or institution, anti or pro, start a charity and run it on charitable donations.

Before you respond that you won't get enough donations... Dig a little deeper into your pocket.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

Are you sure? You tell me, how many abortions would PP be doing if they got no gov't funding at all, compared to how many they do now? You can play with the words all you want, but if they weren't getting a heckuva lot of our tax dollars then they wouldn't be doing nearly as many abortions. If you pay for your own, fine. Don't like it, but fine. If you can get a pro-choice group to pay for it, fine. Don't like it, but fine.

I'm not playing with words. Planned Parenthood has other services that serve low income people. Fact.
Abortions will continue whether this organization is around or not. What you win is to drive it underground. It will continue. Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want? Is this a case of out of sight out of mind? I'm trying to think of a time where that has been a beneficial move.

th

And yet we have people who represent Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts.

*****SMILE*****

No. You don't.

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/CalifDaleiden-Investigation.pdf

th

*****SMILE*****

Except they didn't. None of the states that investigated it found any evidence of doing so.

th

And yet we have people who represent Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts.

*****SMILE*****

No. You don't.

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/CalifDaleiden-Investigation.pdf

th

*****SMILE*****

Except they didn't. None of the states that investigated it found any evidence of doing so.

th

Right... Like I've been given so many reasons to trust the Sons Of Mary.

Best to just quit the government funding for either side and let them rely on charitable donations.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

No. You don't.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

Best to just quit the government funding for either side and let them rely on charitable donations.

*****SMILE*****

I do so love it when a man doesn't actually have an argument but the music is decent. :11_2_1043:

th

*****SMILE*****

No. You don't.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

I do so love it when a man doesn't actually have an argument but the music is decent. :11_2_1043:

th

Go to the Badlands and you'll find your answer. Start with number I

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

I'm not playing with words. Planned Parenthood has other services that serve low income people. Fact.
Abortions will continue whether this organization is around or not. What you win is to drive it underground. It will continue. Are you absolutely certain that this is what you want? Is this a case of out of sight out of mind? I'm trying to think of a time where that has been a beneficial move.

There are quite a few organizations that offer other services to low income people, far outnumbering PP. Consider:

Abortion-rights supporters insist that millions of women rely on Planned Parenthood as their primary source of health care and will be left without any resources if the group is defunded. In reality, there are a variety of options that are better for women than Planned Parenthood.

According to the group’s latest annual report, it has “more than 600 health centers” across the nation. Meanwhile, there are more than 13,500 federally qualified health-care centers (FQHCs) and rural health clinics in the United States, outnumbering Planned Parenthood locations 20 to 1.

Data from the Lozier Institute reveal that in California, for instance, there are 114 Planned Parenthood facilities, the most of any state by far. But that is only a small fraction of the nearly 1,700 health centers in the state. New York has 625 FQHCs, but just 58 Planned Parenthood locations. Some states, such as West Virginia, South Dakota, and Mississippi, have only one Planned Parenthood clinic each, but hundreds of FQHCs.

Unlike Planned Parenthood locations, these centers provide comprehensive primary and preventive care — including mental-health and substance-abuse treatment — regardless of an individual’s health-insurance status. GOP proposals to remove Planned Parenthood funding are not simply efforts to strip funding from abortion providers; they propose to redirect the entirety of that funding to FQHCs and other centers that provide comprehensive care without performing abortions.

Defunding Planned Parenthood: Four Arguments GOP Should Use | National Review

I doubt that abortions will go underground just because the gov't doesn't finance them. Those days were when abortion was illegal, and I wouldn't go back to that. I just don't think that taxpayers ought to be paying for it. Why? Cuz it's a choice, outside of rape and/or incest and there are contraceptives and morning after pills that are far less expensive and dangerous. I see no reason why the rest of us should pay for someone's bad decision.

I am personally opposed to abortion however, I do not oppose it for others. Many people don't want or maybe even deserve to have and raise children and I'd rather they abort their offspring if they so choose. Let them worry about their own consciences, ain't my job. Pro-abortionists should take a look at their stand however, because it is racist as 'minorities' have abortions at much higher rates which, ironically are the same folks that Margaret Sanger targeted.

th

*****SMILE*****

"And yet we have people who represent Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts."

Investigated by about 11 different states and not one found any wrongdoing on Planned Parenthood's part. Can't say the same for the unscrupulous folks who tried to set them up though.

th

*****SMILE*****

"And yet we have people who represent Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts."

Investigated by about 11 different states and not one found any wrongdoing on Planned Parenthood's part. Can't say the same for the unscrupulous folks who tried to set them up though.

th

No wrongdoing doesn't mean that Planned Parenthood doesn't sell baby parts.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

*****SMILE*****

It means they're legally allowed and did so in accordance with the law, unlike CMP, who did break the law. Hurt feelings are meaningless.

A ten-person federal jury convicted activists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt of the anti-abortion group Center for Medical Progress on charges of conspiracy to commit fraud, breach of contract, and trespass and violation of state and federal recording laws in Maryland, California, and Florida. Planned Parenthood will be awarded$870,000 in punitive damages.

th

*****SMILE*****

*****SMILE*****

It means they're legally allowed and did so in accordance with the law, unlike CMP, who did break the law. Hurt feelings are meaningless.

A ten-person federal jury convicted activists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt of the anti-abortion group Center for Medical Progress on charges of conspiracy to commit fraud, breach of contract, and trespass and violation of state and federal recording laws in Maryland, California, and Florida. Planned Parenthood will be awarded$870,000 in punitive damages.

th

All I see is a conflict of interest on Planned Parenthoods part and a huge possibility for abuse and corruption.

If the abortion clinic has parts to sell then the abortion clinic should be selling them not the agency that most likely referred a client to them.

So I stand on my response of defunding all and letting them rely on charitable donations.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

*****SMILE*****

th

All I see is a conflict of interest on Planned Parenthoods part and a huge possibility for abuse and corruption.

If the abortion clinic has parts to sell then the abortion clinic should be selling them not the agency that most likely referred a client to them.

So I stand on my response of defunding all and letting them rely on charitable donations.

*****SMILE*****

It matters not by what you stand, unlike CMP, Planned Parenthood was exonerated of all fake claims of abuse and corruption.

It matters not by what you stand, unlike CMP, Planned Parenthood was exonerated of all fake claims of abuse and corruption.

th

I'm quite aware of that.

That way the Sons Of Mary can line their pockets selling baby parts as they take their cut in their dirty dealings.

*****SMILE*****

I'm quite aware of that.

That way the Sons Of Mary can line their pockets selling baby parts as they take their cut in their dirty dealings.

*****SMILE*****

You're wrong yet again. No one at Planned Parenthood lines their pockets over these sales. There are very strict guidelines which dictate they can't profit from the sales. This too was investigated and cleared by at least 11 independent states.

Forum List

Back