Abortion Legislation We Can Look Forward To If SCOTUS Favors Mississippi and Texas Laws

G5000, I will make a deal with you.

I will support the unlimited non-enumerated "penumbra" judicially-created "right" of a person to kill his/her/its worthless moron bastard spawn in exchange for unlimited enumerated right to the unrestricted ability to purchase any weapon available to the military.

Deal?

(and spare me the bullshit nuke red herring because no individual is rich enough to buy AND use a nuke, nor is there a benefit to doing so, especially when whole fucking countries cannot obtain nukes)

No one on this board has posted more times in the political forum they are pro life than G as far as I am aware. It is all over the place here.

Why would he take such an asinine 'deal.' How did you miss that he is pro-life?

"What do we want?" "The government out of lives" "When do we want it?" "Never, we love the government in our lives, as long as it's our version of government"
So they agree with you in concept, just not in practice.

And you STILL do not see how untenable such actually is?

It is possible the Supreme Court will find a way to allow the Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks to stand without completely overturning Roe V. Wade, but it would have to be some really twisted verbiage.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, and the abortion issue is returned to the individual states to create their own abortion laws, there are several pieces of legislation we can expect to see around the country. I will phrase each one as a question that will be put to the people.

1. Exceptions for rape?

2. Exceptions for incest?

4. Exception for the health of the mother?

5. Partner must be notified of mother's desire for an abortion?

6. 24 hour waiting period?

7. Parental consent for a minor's abortion?

A majority of Americans are in favor of all of these exemptions and restrictions.

The biggest question will be how many weeks into pregnancy will abortion be banned. A super-majority of Americans are opposed to abortions after the first trimester.

Just some stuff to think about.

(edited to delete redundant question)
In a recent poll in Texas, republicans said there main concern was border, 66% in fact. 15% said abortion was tops.
Looks like the whole thing is a beat up driven by the godbotherers.

Even if the SC overturns roe v wade, it will make the democrats look good in an election. The Jesus junkies won't be happy. Ooooooooooh. How sad.

The Mississippi law being upheld in this case — contrary to everything I’ve heard on MSNBC — is shockingly reasonable.

It states:

“Except in a medical emergency or in the case of a severe fetal abnormality, a person shall not intentionally or knowingly perform or induce an abortion of an unborn human being if the probable gestational age of the unborn human being has been determined to be greater than fifteen (15) weeks.”

The Mississippi legislature provided a series of factual findings:

— at eight weeks gestational age the “unborn human being begins to move in the womb”;

— at nine weeks “all basic physiological functions are present”;

— at 10 weeks “vital organs begin to function,” and “hair, fingernails, and toenails begin to form”;

— at 11 weeks “an unborn human being’s diaphragm is developing,” and he or she “may move about freely in the womb;” and

— at 12 weeks the “unborn human being” has “taken on the human form in all relevant respects.”

After 15 weeks, the legislature found, most abortions involve crushing and tearing the fetus apart.

Laws should always err on the side against the decision-maker, and the decision-maker on the length of gestation is going to be the abortionist. (Which is also why “rape” and “incest” exceptions swallow the whole law. By the way, whatever happened to the morning-after pill?)

So we’re really talking about four to five months.

That’s not enough time? Give me a break, you freaks. I don’t think voters are going to say, Ukraine, inflation, the border, crime, transgenders in kindergarten — OH MY GOD, I CAN ONLY GET AN ABORTION FOR FOUR MONTHS???

Some states will surely roll back the right to abortion more than 15 weeks. Oh well. The abortion ladies will have to travel to other states the same way gunners do now to practice their marksmanship, shoppers do to get plastic bags, or breathers do to take off their masks.

The Mississippi law being upheld in this case — contrary to everything I’ve heard on MSNBC — is shockingly reasonable.

It states:

“Except in a medical emergency or in the case of a severe fetal abnormality, a person shall not intentionally or knowingly perform or induce an abortion of an unborn human being if the probable gestational age of the unborn human being has been determined to be greater than fifteen (15) weeks.”

The Mississippi legislature provided a series of factual findings:

— at eight weeks gestational age the “unborn human being begins to move in the womb”;

— at nine weeks “all basic physiological functions are present”;

— at 10 weeks “vital organs begin to function,” and “hair, fingernails, and toenails begin to form”;

— at 11 weeks “an unborn human being’s diaphragm is developing,” and he or she “may move about freely in the womb;” and

— at 12 weeks the “unborn human being” has “taken on the human form in all relevant respects.”

After 15 weeks, the legislature found, most abortions involve crushing and tearing the fetus apart.

Laws should always err on the side against the decision-maker, and the decision-maker on the length of gestation is going to be the abortionist. (Which is also why “rape” and “incest” exceptions swallow the whole law. By the way, whatever happened to the morning-after pill?)

So we’re really talking about four to five months.

That’s not enough time? Give me a break, you freaks. I don’t think voters are going to say, Ukraine, inflation, the border, crime, transgenders in kindergarten — OH MY GOD, I CAN ONLY GET AN ABORTION FOR FOUR MONTHS???

Some states will surely roll back the right to abortion more than 15 weeks. Oh well. The abortion ladies will have to travel to other states the same way gunners do now to practice their marksmanship, shoppers do to get plastic bags, or breathers do to take off their masks.
But the leaked draft opinion was explicitly about overturning any "right" by a woman to an abortion. And as G5000's original OP says, that is the goal or outcome of Miss. case. And I assure you, Miss's state legal opinion is that the right or non right to an abortion should be just up to the states by popular vote

The right wing frauds ALWAYS pull the "States rights" con when they are really just wanting laws to cater to their personal fetishes. They did the same with civil rights, women's rights, gay marriage, etc.

Do they even fool themselves?

But the leaked draft opinion was explicitly about overturning any "right" by a woman to an abortion. And as G5000's original OP says, that is the goal or outcome of Miss. case. And I assure you, Miss's state legal opinion is that the right or non right to an abortion should be just up to the states by popular vote

You may think it's a right, the constitution says nothing about it.

Meanwhile RKBA is EXPLICIT in the Constitution and it is ignored by plenty of blue states.

The right wing frauds ALWAYS pull the "States rights" con when they are really just wanting laws to cater to their personal fetishes. They did the same with civil rights, women's rights, gay marriage, etc.

Do they even fool themselves?

This coming from a party that runs to 5 of 9 unelected lawyers to impose their will 99% of the time is comical.

What would happen if Roe v. Wade were overturned​

If the Supreme Court overturns the 1973 precedent, the legality of abortion will be left to individual states. Many have already made their intentions clear.​

,o2 a-2.jpg

Forum List

Back