Abortion Legislation We Can Look Forward To If SCOTUS Favors Mississippi and Texas Laws

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
It is possible the Supreme Court will find a way to allow the Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks to stand without completely overturning Roe V. Wade, but it would have to be some really twisted verbiage.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, and the abortion issue is returned to the individual states to create their own abortion laws, there are several pieces of legislation we can expect to see around the country. I will phrase each one as a question that will be put to the people.

1. Exceptions for rape?

2. Exceptions for incest?

4. Exception for the health of the mother?

5. Partner must be notified of mother's desire for an abortion?

6. 24 hour waiting period?

7. Parental consent for a minor's abortion?

A majority of Americans are in favor of all of these exemptions and restrictions.

The biggest question will be how many weeks into pregnancy will abortion be banned. A super-majority of Americans are opposed to abortions after the first trimester.

Just some stuff to think about.

(edited to delete redundant question)

Last edited:
It is possible the Supreme Court will find a way to allow the Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks to stand without completely overturning Roe V. Wade, but it would have to be some really twisted verbiage.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, and the abortion issue is returned to the individual states to create their own abortion laws, there are several pieces of legislation we can expect to see around the country. I will phrase each one as a question that will be put to the people.

1. Exceptions for rape?

8. Exceptions for health of the mother?

A majority of Americans are in favor of all of these exemptions and restrictions.

The biggest question will be how many weeks into pregnancy will abortion be banned. A super-majority of Americans are opposed to abortions after the first trimester.

Aren't #4 and #8 the same thing? LMAO

Legislators attempting to prohibit mail order pill abortificants as has occurred in Texas, this week.

1. Exceptions for rape?

8. Exceptions for health of the mother?

What in the hell is this country coming to if you can't even kill your unborn child?

I mean, what is the point of life then at that point?

Pure insanity.

Legislators attempting to prohibit mail order pill abortificants as has occurred in Texas, this week.
I did not know until you posted this that abortifacients are available through mail order. Thank you.

So I went to Google and found this:

Enter Aid Access, a new online service through which women can obtain medical abortion pills, mifepristone and misoprostol, to take at home. As first reported by the Atlantic’s Olga Khazan, Rebecca Gomperts, a Dutch physician and activist, launched the service six months ago in response to overwhelming US demand.

[snip]

Aid Access offers what Gomperts’s other service, Women on Web, has been doing for years for women in other countries with restricted healthcare systems: a way to get a safe abortion. (She set up a separate US site because she feared powerful pro-life groups would try to shut her operation down.)

Although abortion is still legal in the US, self-managed abortions have been considered criminal in many states, and women have — in rare cases — faced arrests, jail time, or police investigation.

When the Food and Drug Administration told Vox, “Mifepristone for termination of pregnancy is not legally available over the Internet.” When the agency approved the drugs in 2000, the government mandated the medications must be handed out by qualified healthcare providers in a doctor’s office, clinic, or hospital, and that they can’t be written on a prescription and dispensed at a pharmacy.

[snip]

Getting an abortion by mail from Aid Access works like this: Women are screened through an online consultation about their pregnancy and health history. If they meet specific criteria — healthy, less than ten weeks pregnant, live within one hour of a hospital — Gomperts fills a prescription, and sends it to a pharmacy in India she knows and trusts.

The pills are then mailed from India to the woman’s home for a fee of $95 (though Aid Access says they’ll find ways to help women who can’t pay). And women can access real-time instructions and support if necessary.

The two medications Gomperts prescribes — mifepristone and misoprostol — work in combination by inducing a miscarriage early on in pregnancy.

Mifepristone and misoprostol are not the same drugs used in Plan B. Plan B uses levonorgestrel.

1. Exceptions for rape?

(edited to delete redundant question)

Why not let the voters of each state decide?

Oh the horror of a functional republic, eh?

I would never trust a pill ordered through the mail other than Express Scripts.

Especially from Asia.

Why not let the voters of each state decide?

Oh the horror of a functional republic, eh?
Dude. Look at my signature. That big graphic there.

I have always been in favor of letting the states decide. God knows how many times I have talked about that.

Dude. Look at my signature. That big graphic there.

I have always been in favor of letting the states decide. God knows how many times I have talked about that.

Don’t care about your signature.

Did you vote for Biden and Dems?

The real question is how many years will women end up serving in prison for having an abortion or even a miscarriage? If Abortion is made illegal there has to be a penalty.

The real question is how many years will women end up serving in prison for having an abortion or even a miscarriage? If Abortion is made illegal there has to be a penalty.
Mothers who got abortions prior to Roe v. Wade were not jailed. The abortionists were.

That very question is where Trump revealed he did not know how pro-lifers think.

After Trump registered as a Republican and announced he was running for President, you could see the chameleon huckster change his colors in real time in his natural habitat, television:

TAPPER: Let me ask you about a few social issues because they haven't been issues you have been talking about for several years. I know you're opposed to abortion.

TRUMP: Right. I'm Pro-Choice.

TAPPER: You're pro-choice or pro-life?

TRUMP: I'm pro-life. I'm sorry.

As those of you who have been on this forum a while know, I am pro-life, and always have been. Let me ask all of you pro-lifers out there something. Have you EVER in your life accidentally identified yourself as pro-choice?

Me, neither.

TRUMP: There has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman?

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.

Once someone explained things to Trump, he recanted that statement. A very rare retraction.

Forum List

Back