Abortion is not a “reproductive right”….change my mind.

People can and do find disreputable surgeons to amputate limbs
True, we have doctors that perform surgeries on people to remove their sex organs, a so-called “transgender“ reassignment surgery. But that is just mutilation, and is unethical. It doesn’t create anything, only destroys. Such procedures should be illegal too.

The left keep calling abortion a “reproductive right”, and any restriction on abortion an attack on “reproductive rights”.

The definition of reproduction is as follows:

Definition of reproduction​

1: the act or process of reproducingspecifically : the process by which plants and animals give rise to offspring and which fundamentally consists of the segregation of a portion of the parental body by a sexual or an asexual process and its subsequent growth and differentiation into a new individual
2: something reproduced : COPY
3: young seedling trees in a forest

So as you can clearly see, reproduction is the act of making offspring.

Conception of a new human is reproduction, the creation of life is reproduction.

Abortion is the exact opposite of that. It is the intentional killing of the life that has already been created. Ending life is not reproduction. Thus, abortion is not a “reproductive right”.

No one is disputing that women have a “reproductive rights”. In other words, no one is outlawing or persecuting women for creating life. But abortion is not a reproductive act, thus it is not a “reproductive right”.

A woman who has gotten pregnant has already exercised her “reproductive rights”. She does not have “the right” to end that life.
All about con-trol of women's bodies like rape is.

How is anyone controlling their bodies?

Outlawing a violent act is all over the place. We can’t murder other people, or violently attack them. That is like saying laws that forbid rape is “controlling a man’s body”. It’s nonsensical, and stupid.

I don't really care. It is interesting that religion is bad until you need it for an argument.

No one is being forced to be a 'baby factory'. I have to ask, does your side employ people to make up phrases and terms that have no real meaning?

There are always ample opportunities to make choices about reproduction. The very best ones are BEFORE the pregnancy begins. People need to be taught, I guess, that the proper place to decide if you are ready for a baby is in the bedroom, not the operation table.

Besides, abortion isn't even illegal in many places.
Sorry you are so behind in the US. In the UK up until ten weeks it is two abortion pills taken at home. I think it can be done till 13 weeks with one at hospital. That is the time by which most people have their abortions.

The left tells gov't..'stay out my bedroom, stay out my vajayjay' and then they proceed to allow the feds into their bedrooms and vajayjays.

THIS is constitutional what just happened. YOU CAN STILL KILL YOUR UNBORN. RELAX. It's the right of each state to make thisdetermination. You'll no doubt get to vote on it soon enough and you can change that state depending on the governor every 2 to 4 years until you're too old to give birth, ya ghouls.

You've never heard of the Hyde Amendment, have you?

When does a woman's body begin?
Shouldn't a woman's right to her life, body, etc. begin when her life does? Instead of at some arbitrarily decided point where abortion proponents like you can't stomach or justify their (your) denials about them anymore?

Absolute lie. They recoil when they get poked and pulled at. Abortion butchers literally tear them limb to limb until they die.
i can actually imagine the imagery of that, for a fetus that has a brain and maybe a heartbeat.
so there could be a need for me to stand corrected.

i honestly thought it was done via injection of traquelizers and heartbeat stopping agents.

They are always free to do with their body what they wish. Pregnancy is now two bodies, not one.

Yes, one is dependent upon the other for a period of time for everything, but that does not give the mother any right to kill it, any more than anyone has a right to use their body to kill anything.
When does anyone have the right to gestate off or live off the body of another human being? If I need a kidney can I have one of yours?

When does anyone have the right to gestate off or live off the body of another human being? If I need a kidney can I have one of yours?
Logical fallacy --> Red herring.

All mammals gestate within the female. It is, however; a separate and distinct life and body.

Logical fallacy --> Red herring.

All mammals gestate within the female. It is, however; a separate and distinct life and body.
Then it should be able to survive outside the womb. And no, we were not talking about nature, we were talking about rights, which are manufactured, so it is your reference to the nature of childbirth that is the red herring.

Then it should be able to survive outside the womb.
Eventually.

I realize that 'development' is a difficult concept for some.

But then, I did say that "yes, it is for a while, wholly dependent upon the host body (mother) to survive.

Still, until a baby learns to feed itself, it too is wholly dependent upon the mother and father for sustenance.

So, your continued use of a red herring will no longer be entertained.

Eventually.

I realize that 'development' is a difficult concept for some.

But then, I did say that "yes, it is for a while, wholly dependent upon the host body (mother) to survive.

Still, until a baby learns to feed itself, it too is wholly dependent upon the mother and father for sustenance.

So, your continued use of a red herring will no longer be entertained.
You continue to use the red herring of the nature of child birth when what we are discussing are legal rights.

Absolute lie. They recoil when they get poked and pulled at. Abortion butchers literally tear them limb to limb until they die.

and the pro-lifers describe it indeed as horrible to the fetus..

i found these links with a very simple google search : 'how are fetuses aborted"

yet rather than discuss the validity of the right to an abortion, the procedures for an abortion should be discussed, i think, and the Supreme Court has an obligation to the women made pregnant by rape or incest or sheer lack of funding for regular contraceptrives during the horny decades of their young lives, to grant them abortion-done-right rights, in a subsequent and over-riding ruling.

Forum List

Back