Abortion is not a “reproductive right”….change my mind.

I'm gonna probably kick myself for even getting into this conversation, but it's laughable to believe anyone who does not respect life would ever have any respect for rights of any kind.

It's a non sequitur.

That's all I have to say about that.

The left keep calling abortion a “reproductive right”, and any restriction on abortion an attack on “reproductive rights”.

The definition of reproduction is as follows:

Definition of reproduction​

1: the act or process of reproducingspecifically : the process by which plants and animals give rise to offspring and which fundamentally consists of the segregation of a portion of the parental body by a sexual or an asexual process and its subsequent growth and differentiation into a new individual
2: something reproduced : COPY
3: young seedling trees in a forest

So as you can clearly see, reproduction is the act of making offspring.

Conception of a new human is reproduction, the creation of life is reproduction.

Abortion is the exact opposite of that. It is the intentional killing of the life that has already been created. Ending life is not reproduction. Thus, abortion is not a “reproductive right”.

No one is disputing that women have a “reproductive rights”. In other words, no one is outlawing or persecuting women for creating life. But abortion is not a reproductive act, thus it is not a “reproductive right”.

A woman who has gotten pregnant has already exercised her “reproductive rights”. She does not have “the right” to end that life.

You are absolutely right, and that's what I say all the time!

It irks the hell out of me when I see those disingenuous ghouls call it "reproductive rights" when the reality is that once you're pregnant, you have already reproduced! Therefore abortion is not "reproductive rights" its about "killing rights", and we all know there is no right to kill an innocent human being.

We need alot less babies conceived. Change my mind. You can't because you AGREE. A declining birth rate is NOT bad. Abortion is NOT the answer to achieve it.

You can do with your body as you wish.

Abortion is a medical procedure... someone else is doing something to your body.

You couldn't have your health heart removed...and you can't have a healthy limb amputated.

How is this any different from that?
People can and do find disreputable surgeons to amputate limbs

You are absolutely right, and that's what I say all the time!

It irks the hell out of me when I see those disingenuous ghouls call it "reproductive rights" when the reality is that once you're pregnant, you have already reproduced! Therefore abortion is not "reproductive rights" its about "killing rights", and we all know there is no right to kill an innocent human being.
Fetus is merely a POTENTIAL human being

You cannot be so barbaric as to force a woman to carry an unwanted child to term

You cannot be so barbaric as to force a woman to carry an unwanted child to term

Absolutely false and blatantly unscientific. There is zero doubt that the fetus is a human being, simply in one of the earliest stages of life.

And what is barbaric is to dismember and butcher the most innocent among us, and suck it out through a hose, for the sake of convenience.

A fetus isn't human? You've been having some unnatural sex?

Life begins at conception.

What kind of life?

Human life.

There is no argument to be had here.

The time to make this decision is before a woman becomes pregnant.

I could understand abortion more in 1973 then I can today.

Condoms, IUDs, birth control, morning after pills... there are zero reasons for abortion as birth control.

Why aren't we pushing promoting and ensuring an increasing number of couples don't use contraception?

The issue is not that the unborn are not the same as what the mother is, the question is, is the mother human?

For many on the Left, they are just animals, not human. They even admit as much

View attachment 662918
Of course to many on the right the mother is not human, she’s an incubator who’s primary function is to grow new life.

Who is forcing them to get pregnant?

I‘ve noticed the usual suspects on social media blaming men for all their pregnancies. As if they had no choice in having sex? As if the woman doesn’t have the ability to use birth control?
You can do with your body as you wish.

Abortion is a medical procedure... someone else is doing something to your body.

You couldn't have your health heart removed...and you can't have a healthy limb amputated.

How is this any different from that?
Yet you can have healthy fat liposuctioned, perfectly good noses surgically modified…

It's not two bodies until the baby is born according to one major religion.

Do women own their own bodies or does the Nanny State own part of their bodies now. Forcing women to be baby factories against their will. Help! It's the Nanny State.
"According to ONE religion"
Cherry picking to the extreme and ... let's just say "fuck you" to the (secular) biological facts. Right?

"According to ONE religion"
Cherry picking to the extreme and ... let's just say "fuck you" to the (secular) biological facts. Right?

Is a fertilized egg a human being? Can a 21 week old fetus survive outside the womb?

Is a fertilized egg a human being? Can a 21 week old fetus survive outside the womb?
DERP.

A human being is a human being.

A HUMAN "fertilized egg" is indeed a "HUMAN" being/ organism - once the fertilization is successful and it results in a "HUMAN" being conceived.

Are YOU a "HUMAN being?"

Were YOU not "conceived?"

I am and I was.

Now, as to whether a HUMAN BEING in the 21st week (fetal stage) of THEIR life can survive or not - outside the womb?

Whether they can or can't does not change what they ARE.

"A human being is a human being. "

Even if they are a human being that "can't survive" in any particular environment.

Last edited:
DERP.

A human being is a human being.

A HUMAN "fertilized egg" is indeed "HUMAN" being/ organism - once the fertilization is successful and it results in a "HUMAN" being "conceived.

Are YOU a "HUMAN being?"

Were YOU not "conceived?"

I am and I was.

Now, as to whether a HUMAN BEING in the 21st week (fetal stage ) of THEIR life can survive or not - outside the womb?

Whether they can or can't does not change what they ARE.

"A human being is a human being. "

Even if they are a human being that "can't survive" in any particular environment.

Since you bolded human you must think there is a distinction between a single cell of unique human DNA and a fully functional human being baby.

Since you bolded human you must think there is a distinction between a single cell of unique human DNA and a fully functional human being baby.
I bolded HUMAN to make the point that YOU failed to specify what species of "fetus" you were asking about.

I doubt very much that it was an honest oversight.

Of course to many on the right the mother is not human, she’s an incubator who’s primary function is to grow new life.
Can you actually find a quote?

I‘ve only heard these types of things from leftwingers, claiming such things.

Forum List

Back