Abortion and Gay Marriage

Iceman

Rookie
Nov 4, 2013
Ok, so lets accept the left's premise homosexuality is genetically predetermined, and there is no environmental component. What if at a future date, we could determine this gene while a fetus is still in the womb. Would those of you on the left support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

Ok, so lets accept the left's premise homosexuality is genetically predetermined, and there is no environmental component. What if at a future date, we could determine this gene while a fetus is still in the womb. Would those of you on the left support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

Probably, the reverse is, would the right still not support what is in effect the end of homosexuality?

• Banned

Probably, the reverse is, would the right still not support what is in effect the end of homosexuality?

Which would make the pro life right the protector of gays.

The irony would be delicious.

• Banned

The irony would be delicious.
The pro-choice left could indirectly be responsible for the elimination of homosexuals, on a scale Saudi Arabia or Iran could only dream of, lol.

Stranger things have happened and technology has the potential to make anything possible. Future speculation aside, when they finally find the biologic component to homosexuality it will be a gestational environment thing rather than a genetic defect, Homosexuals often have children and the trait does not seem to be inherited.

Last edited:
The Left is not all pro-choice and supportive of gays and the Right is not all pro-life and anti-gays.

Gay marriage IS an abortion...an abortion of tradition, common sense and rationality. Gays can love anyone they prefer...but marriage is an overreach.

The Left is not all pro-choice and supportive of gays and the Right is not all pro-life and anti-gays.

We are of course speaking in generalities, there are always outliers but exceptions don't change the rule. But those who support homosexual marriage and abortion tend to be left wing.

So what's your opinion on this issue. Would you support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?

Obviously you’re unaware of the idiocy of your premise, which is at least consistent with the idiocy of your posts.

But I’ll put the same question to you as I did another rightist: as a conservative, why the hate toward your fellow Americans who’ve done you no harm, who seek only the live their lives as they see fit, free from government interference, as guaranteed them by the Constitution?

And indeed any conservative subscriber to this thread is welcome to respond to the question.

Obviously you’re unaware of the idiocy of your premise, which is at least consistent with the idiocy of your posts.

But I’ll put the same question to you as I did another rightist: as a conservative, why the hate toward your fellow Americans who’ve done you no harm, who seek only the live their lives as they see fit, free from government interference, as guaranteed them by the Constitution?

And indeed any conservative subscriber to this thread is welcome to respond to the question.

Why is it idiotic. Are you saying there isn't a genetic component to homosexuality?

It is a hypothetical, I am saying if there is no environmental component, and we identify the gene for homosexuality, should a woman be able to abort the gay fetus.

I won't answer your question until you answer mine. Answering my question with another question isn't an answer at all.

I will answer, as I am pro-abortion, I support the right to abort gay fetuses

It's extremely unlikely it's a genetic trait, in fact it's almost certainly not a genetic trait. It's much more likely that it's a societal thing.

But even if there was some gene and some women wanted to abort the fetus because of this, then I wouldn't impose my beliefs onto her to stop her.

I do not know if homosexuality is genetic, and I really don't care. The idea that being gay is a choice, though, is as stupid as it gets. When did you choose NOT to be gay?

I think being gay is akin to liking to eat carrots. You either are or are not gay, you either are or are not a carrot eater. In neither case did you make a choice about it.

But I would oppose abortion based on sexual orientation, just as I oppose gender bias abortions, because I oppose abortion. I am pro-life.

I am pro-life and perfectly fine with people being gay.

Last edited:

We are of course speaking in generalities, there are always outliers but exceptions don't change the rule. But those who support homosexual marriage and abortion tend to be left wing.

So what's your opinion on this issue. Would you support the right of a woman to abort her gay fetus?
I would support a woman's right to abort regardless the reason.
I do think most conservatives would favor pro life over anti-gay sentiments.

Last edited:
It's extremely unlikely it's a genetic trait, in fact it's almost certainly not a genetic trait. It's much more likely that it's a societal thing.

But even if there was some gene and some women wanted to abort the fetus because of this, then I wouldn't impose my beliefs onto her to stop her.
Scientists hypothesize that a combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors determine sexual orientation which I believe is another way of saying we really don't know. However, the fact that there are degrees of homosexuality seems to point to a combinations of factors.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back