Abedin, Sullivan and Mills...who will take the ride to the Prosecutors Office first?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
FBI's Hillary Clinton email investigation not letting up

The former secretary of State did not appear to send most of the emails now marked classified. Instead, they were largely sent or forwarded to her by aides.

There are three high aides (that I am aware of), Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan and the highest, Huma Abedin. One had better jump before the others are not needed to testify against Hillary. Clink...

FBI's Hillary Clinton email investigation not letting up

A parallel situation was John Dean, Nixon's WH attorney at the time of the Watergate Scandal. He sensed he was going to be the scapegoat and went to Federal Prosecutors for a reduced sentence.

Coupled with his sense of distance from Nixon's inner circle, "The Berlin Wall" of advisors H.R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, Dean sensed he was going to become the Watergate scapegoat and despite going to Camp David, he returned to Washington without having completed his report. Nixon fired Dean on April 30, the same date he also announced the resignations of Haldeman and Ehrlichman.

Dean had earlier asked Nixon for formal immunity from prosecution for any crimes he may have committed while serving as White House counsel. Nixon refused to grant this request and his refusal led Dean to cooperate with the prosecutors very soon afterwards. Upon going to the prosecutors, Dean also requested immunity, which was not granted despite his many revelations.[9]

How did Hillary Clinton KNOW to start shipping clean water to Flint Michigan a YEAR ago? How did she know that?
"
What can the FBI do about Hillary Clinton without a grand ...
hotair.com/.../what-can-the-fbi-do-about-hillary-clinton-without-...
Hot Air
Jan 24, 2016 - It almost seems like old news at this point, but the Hillary Clinton email server .... began providing clean water to state employees in Flint … a year ago .... inmany cases the FBI agents build the case initially and only go to the US .... The FBI is investigating whether members of Hillary Clinton's inner circle .

" began providing clean water to state employees in Flint … a year ago" A YEAR AGO?

If they're smart they know Hillary will abandon them as quickly as she did Stevens to save her own ass and will cut a deal to save theirs...

A parallel situation was John Dean, Nixon's WH attorney at the time of the Watergate Scandal. He sensed he was going to be the scapegoat and went to Federal Prosecutors for a reduced sentence.

Coupled with his sense of distance from Nixon's inner circle, "The Berlin Wall" of advisors H.R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, Dean sensed he was going to become the Watergate scapegoat and despite going to Camp David, he returned to Washington without having completed his report. Nixon fired Dean on April 30, the same date he also announced the resignations of Haldeman and Ehrlichman.

Dean had earlier asked Nixon for formal immunity from prosecution for any crimes he may have committed while serving as White House counsel. Nixon refused to grant this request and his refusal led Dean to cooperate with the prosecutors very soon afterwards. Upon going to the prosecutors, Dean also requested immunity, which was not granted despite his many revelations.[9]

I suspect that we will see a major difference between the Left and the Right in this situation.

One bows to rectitude, while the other is exemplified by Bill 'the rapist' Clinton:

"Despite his disgrace, Morris continued to quietly advise the president. On Jan. 21, 1998, the day the Monica Lewinsky story broke in the mainstream press, Morris says Clinton called, explained that he had "slipped up" with Lewinsky and asked Morris to take a poll about the potential impact. When Morris reported that Americans would favor his impeachment or resignation if he lied under oath, he says Clinton replied: "Well, we'll just have to win, then."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wpsrv/politics/special/clinton/stories/morris020399.htm

As we know...

In an ordinary case, that would not be a point worth making. The FBI routinely conducts major investigations in collaboration with Justice Department prosecutors — usually from the U.S. attorney’s office in the district where potential crimes occurred. That is because the FBI needs the assistance of a grand jury. The FBI does not have authority even to issue subpoenas, let alone to charge someone with a crime. Only federal prosecutors may issue subpoenas, on the lawful authority of the grand jury. Only prosecutors are empowered to present evidence or propose charges to the grand jury. And the Constitution vests only the grand jury with authority to indict — the formal accusation of a crime. In our system, the FBI can do none of these things.
No
Justice Department, no grand jury. No grand jury, no case — period. As a technical matter, no matter how extensively the FBI pokes around on its own, no one can be a subject of a real investigation — i.e., one that can lead to criminal charges — unless and until there is a grand jury. That does not happen until the Justice Department hops on board.
the White House is currently hedging their bets by playing both sides of the fence, so to speak. Barack Obama, through the offices of his Attorney General, is allowing the FBI to move forward with the investigation, but Justice isn’t taking part in the process so there is no grand jury.
In this way the President hopes to avoid the appearance of shielding Hillary from the long arm of the law while simultaneously protecting himself from the wolves in his own party who would be howling for blood if he brought Loretta Lynch in to make Clinton an “official target” of an investigation while she’s running for president.
all Comey can really do is make the Obama administration look very bad if they fail to unleash the Justice Department on the case. But when has that stopped them before? As we’ve mentioned here more times than I can count, an IG brought forward a case against Huma Abedin on embezzlement charges and Attorney General simply passed on it. They didn’t care how bad anything looked. They simply weren’t going to go after anyone associated with Clinton or the White House inner circle.

I think Obama would look worse if he did not allow a Grand Jury. THE FBI is pushing this as we speak by going public with the investigation and what they have learned. Could be wrong, but I have a feeling that Hillary doing a death spiral on his coattails is not comfortable for Obama.

As we know...

In an ordinary case, that would not be a point worth making. The FBI routinely conducts major investigations in collaboration with Justice Department prosecutors — usually from the U.S. attorney’s office in the district where potential crimes occurred. That is because the FBI needs the assistance of a grand jury. The FBI does not have authority even to issue subpoenas, let alone to charge someone with a crime. Only federal prosecutors may issue subpoenas, on the lawful authority of the grand jury. Only prosecutors are empowered to present evidence or propose charges to the grand jury. And the Constitution vests only the grand jury with authority to indict — the formal accusation of a crime. In our system, the FBI can do none of these things.
No
Justice Department, no grand jury. No grand jury, no case — period. As a technical matter, no matter how extensively the FBI pokes around on its own, no one can be a subject of a real investigation — i.e., one that can lead to criminal charges — unless and until there is a grand jury. That does not happen until the Justice Department hops on board.
the White House is currently hedging their bets by playing both sides of the fence, so to speak. Barack Obama, through the offices of his Attorney General, is allowing the FBI to move forward with the investigation, but Justice isn’t taking part in the process so there is no grand jury.
In this way the President hopes to avoid the appearance of shielding Hillary from the long arm of the law while simultaneously protecting himself from the wolves in his own party who would be howling for blood if he brought Loretta Lynch in to make Clinton an “official target” of an investigation while she’s running for president.
all Comey can really do is make the Obama administration look very bad if they fail to unleash the Justice Department on the case. But when has that stopped them before? As we’ve mentioned here more times than I can count, an IG brought forward a case against Huma Abedin on embezzlement charges and Attorney General simply passed on it. They didn’t care how bad anything looked. They simply weren’t going to go after anyone associated with Clinton or the White House inner circle.

I think Obama would look worse if he did not allow a Grand Jury. THE FBI is pushing this as we speak by going public with the investigation and what they have learned. Could be wrong, but I have a feeling that Hillary doing a death spiral on his coattails is not comfortable for Obama.

I believe that Obama struck the knife in by allowing the email situation to become public.
But....I don't believe he'll go all the way, indictment and trial.

But it will be interesting to see.

Here is the 'seed'....
"Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'"
Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

As we know...

No

I believe that Obama struck the knife in by allowing the email situation to become public.

Here is the 'seed'....
"Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'"
Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

I'm starting to think he might go for a compromise position... allowing the FBI go right up to the edge with leaks so that the natural conclusion would be a Grand Jury indictment. Let her aides go to the prosecutor and finally tell Clinton to withdraw from the race or face charges.

As we know...

No

Here is the 'seed'....

I'm starting to think he might go for a compromise position... allowing the FBI go right up to the edge with leaks so that the natural conclusion would be a Grand Jury indictment. Let her aides go to the prosecutor and finally tell Clinton to withdraw from the race or face charges.

This is going to be interesting to watch

Forum List

Back