Abe Foxman Calls on Benjamin Netanyahu To Scrap Speech to GOP Congress

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Abe knows bibi is playing the clown for the rightwing Christians

WASHINGTON D.C. — As the controversy surrounding Benjamin Netanyahu speech to Congress reaches new heights, one of the Jewish community’s top leaders is calling on the Israeli prime minister to stay home.

Abraham Foxman, national director of the Anti Defamation League said that the political uproar ignited by Netanyahu’s invitation to speak to a joint meeting of Congress makes such a move unhelpful and therefore it should be scrapped.

Abe Foxman Calls on Benjamin Netanyahu To Scrap Speech to GOP Congress Forward.com

Last edited:
Abe knows bibi is playing the clown for the rightwing Christians

WASHINGTON D.C. — As the controversy surrounding Benjamin Netanyahu speech to Congress reaches new heights, one of the Jewish community’s top leaders is calling on the Israeli prime minister to stay home.

Abraham Foxman, national director of the Anti Defamation League said that the political uproar ignited by Netanyahu’s invitation to speak to a joint meeting of Congress makes such a move unhelpful and therefore it should be scrapped.

Abe Foxman Calls on Benjamin Netanyahu To Scrap Speech to GOP Congress Forward.com
Good idea. The Speaker inviting Netanyahu to speak before Congres is like a rank and file member of the American Nazi Party inviting Obama to speak at their annual DNC fundraiser.

Roughly 75% of us American Jews are decidely more Liberal, at least on social issues, because Torah commands of Jews a code of behavior that is currently much more in-line with most of Liberalism than with most of Conservativism. It's that simple. Alone, the principal of Tikkun Olam (which is in my profile, in Hebrew), precludes truly believing Jews from participating in the "fuck you, I got my" attitude and application of Conservativism.

And Sunni Man is very wrong in is assessment, as usual.

Bibi should not be doing and of this for 2 easy to understand reasons, easy enough even for Conservatives to understand:

1.) the President of the United States was not conferred with vis-a-vis a visit from the Premiere Minister from Eretz Israel. That is just such an aggregious breach of protocol and tradition, it's just simply unbelievable that Boehner was stupid enough to do it. Right from the get-go, that was a deal killer.

2.) And even if Boehner had indeed consulted with the President, as adults are supposed to do, the Pres. would have reminded him that the US government does not do state visits from foreign dignitaries while they are in the middle of elections in their own land, so our government cannot be accused of taking one side or other in that nation's politics. This is also why Pres. Obama will not meet with Bibi when he does come, if he still comes: because the timing goes completely against State Department protocols. If Bibi was really interested in talking policy and having real and true cooperation with the USA, he would have either scheduled a visit for AFTER the election, assuming he would be re-elected, or he would let his sucessor arrange a visit.

I cannot emphasize enough how unbelievably stupid Bibi is being about this, and I mean, really, really stupid. Not to mention the dumbfuck armchair quarterbacks here in USMB who think they know how foreign policy works if you really want to get something done. They know absolutely nothing of how it works. And Bibi has been nothing but an absolute asshole to our President from the get-go and yet, in spite of that, the USA has had more cooperation with Israel than ever before in our history since Israel was re-created in 1948. More joint military exercises have been conducted in the last 6 years with the IDF than ever before in history.

Our President, the one who ordered that muslim motherfucker Osama bin Laden to be killed, and under whose watch more El Quaida upper-ups have been killed than under Bush, by a longshot, one who has supported Israel all the way, is the last person in the world with whom Bibi should have a beef. Just goes to show how unbelievably stupid that man Netanyahu really is. Israel can do better than this. It deserves to do better than this.

Obama is enabling Iran to become a nuclear threat to Israel and other Western countries.. Someone needs to wake up the American people about this. Who better than Bibi, who has firsthand knowledge?

• Banned
Roughly 75% of us American Jews are decidely more Liberal, at least on social issues, because Torah commands of Jews a code of behavior that is currently much more in-line with most of Liberalism than with most of Conservativism. It's that simple. Alone, the principal of Tikkun Olam (which is in my profile, in Hebrew), precludes truly believing Jews from participating in the "fuck you, I got my" attitude and application of Conservativism.

And Sunni Man is very wrong in is assessment, as usual.

Bibi should not be doing and of this for 2 easy to understand reasons, easy enough even for Conservatives to understand:

1.) the President of the United States was not conferred with vis-a-vis a visit from the Premiere Minister from Eretz Israel. That is just such an aggregious breach of protocol and tradition, it's just simply unbelievable that Boehner was stupid enough to do it. Right from the get-go, that was a deal killer.

2.) And even if Boehner had indeed consulted with the President, as adults are supposed to do, the Pres. would have reminded him that the US government does not do state visits from foreign dignitaries while they are in the middle of elections in their own land, so our government cannot be accused of taking one side or other in that nation's politics. This is also why Pres. Obama will not meet with Bibi when he does come, if he still comes: because the timing goes completely against State Department protocols. If Bibi was really interested in talking policy and having real and true cooperation with the USA, he would have either scheduled a visit for AFTER the election, assuming he would be re-elected, or he would let his sucessor arrange a visit.

I cannot emphasize enough how unbelievably stupid Bibi is being about this, and I mean, really, really stupid. Not to mention the dumbfuck armchair quarterbacks here in USMB who think they know how foreign policy works if you really want to get something done. They know absolutely nothing of how it works. And Bibi has been nothing but an absolute asshole to our President from the get-go and yet, in spite of that, the USA has had more cooperation with Israel than ever before in our history since Israel was re-created in 1948. More joint military exercises have been conducted in the last 6 years with the IDF than ever before in history.

Our President, the one who ordered that muslim motherfucker Osama bin Laden to be killed, and under whose watch more El Quaida upper-ups have been killed than under Bush, by a longshot, one who has supported Israel all the way, is the last person in the world with whom Bibi should have a beef. Just goes to show how unbelievably stupid that man Netanyahu really is. Israel can do better than this. It deserves to do better than this.

something the christians don't know, they think there is such a thing as judeo- christian . most great progressive movements thoughout history were supported by Jews

New Topics

Forum List

Back