• Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
A-Admit to God you are a sinner.
B-Believer that Jesus is the son of God and He died for you and me.
C-Confess to God you are a sinner and ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior.

Tell God you are sorry for your sins. Believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. Then ask Jesus Christ to be the Lord of your life.

This gives you salvation and forgiveness for all of your sins future and past. Then you will be lead by the Holy Spirit to fulfill God’s will for your life. If you choose to actively live for Christ then you must be baptized in the name of the father, the son and the Holy Ghost.

Those who refuse to take these steps will burn in hell for all of eternity.

Do you have the salvation of Christ or will you be tortured forever? Let me know.

All who are born with a body on this earth are saved from death to immortality through the grace of Jesus Christ. This does not mean that they will inherit eternal life which is a life like God the Father and Jesus enjoy in the kingdom of heaven but we are saved from an eternal separation of our bodies from our spirits and we all receive immortality. I have the assurance from God through scripture that I will be saved through resurrection unto immortality. Thus I consider myself to be saved in this respect. As far as the salvation into the kingdom of heaven is concerned, I will find out at the judgement unless I receive the second comforter (aka the more sure word of prophesy) which is the promise one can receive that they will be saved into the kingdom of heaven.

2 Peter 1:10
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Doctrine and Covenant 88:3-5
3 Wherefore, I now send upon you another Comforter, even upon you my friends, that it may abide in your hearts, even the Holy Spirit of promise; which other Comforter is the same that I promised unto my disciples, as is recorded in the testimony of John.
4 This Comforter is the promise which I give unto you of eternal life, even the glory of the celestial kingdom;
5 Which glory is that of the church of the Firstborn, even of God, the holiest of all, through Jesus Christ his Son

Last edited:
the bible says do not add anything; your in a cult.
Are these the verses you are referring to?

Revelation 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The book referred to in these verses was not the Bible but the Book of Revelation. The Book of Revelation was not even part of the Bible at the time this revelation was given. It is clear from the phrases, "the words of the prophecy of this book", and "the words of the book of this prophecy" that it is referring to the Book of Revelation which when received was not part of the Bible.

This is an old argument that doesn't hold water and is the real cultish false interpretation of these words. God, at any time, can give new revelations to His called servants, and add as many new words to His collection of books of scripture as He sees fit to add.

Are these the verses you are referring to?

Revelation 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The book referred to in these verses was not the Bible but the Book of Revelation. The Book of Revelation was not even part of the Bible at the time this revelation was given. It is clear from the phrases, "the words of the prophecy of this book", and "the words of the book of this prophecy" that it is referring to the Book of Revelation which when received was not part of the Bible.

This is an old argument that doesn't hold water and is the real cultish false interpretation of these words. God, at any time, can give new revelations to His called servants, and add as many new words to His collection of books of scripture as He sees fit to add.
Bible verse?

Is the Book of Mormon true? Is it a latter-day revelation that restores the so-called true Christian faith? No, it is not. The following is a list of questions that are difficult for Mormons to answer. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is not the true Christian Church.
  • Why do Mormons put back into their temples, the veil that God destroyed at the crucifixion of Jesus (Matt. 27:51)?
  • How could Joseph Smith have seen God the Father in his first vision, if the Bible says that God the Father cannot be seen (1 Tim. 6:15-16).
  • If the Book of Mormon is true, why do Indians fail to turn white when they become Mormons? (2 Nephi 30:6, prior to the 1981 revision).
  • If the Book of Mormon is true, then why has the Mormon church changed it? Examples are: 1 Nephi 11:21; 19:20; 20:1 and Alma 29:4. Compare these with the original Book of Mormon. (Gerald and Sandra Tanner have counted 3913 changes in the book of Mormon, excluding punctuation changes).
  • How did Joseph Smith carry home the golden plates of the Book of Mormon, and how did the witnesses lift them so easily? (They weighed about 230 lbs. Gold, with a density of 19.3 weighs 1204.7 lbs. per cubic foot. The plates were 7″ x 8″ by about 6.” See Articles of Faith, by Talmage, p. 262, 34th ed.).
  • If Moroni devoutly practiced the Mormon Gospel, why is he an angel now rather than a God? (Doc. & Cov. 132:17, 37)
  • Why do Mormons emphasize part of the Word of Wisdom and ignore the part forbidding the eating of meat except in winter, cold or famine? (Doc. & Cov. 89:12,13).
  • Why did the Nauvoo House not stand forever and ever? (Doc. & Cov. 124:56-60).
  • If Jesus was conceived as a result of a physical union between God and Mary, how was Jesus born of a virgin? (Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, p. 50).
  • How did Nephi with a few men on a new continent build a temple like Solomon’s while Solomon needed 163,300 workmen and seven years to build his temple? (1 Kings 5:13-18 and 2 Nephi 5:15-17).
  • Why was Joseph Smith still preaching against polygamy in October 1843 after he got his revelation in July 1843 commanding the practice of polygamy? (Doc. & Cov. 132; and History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 46, or Teachings of the Prophet, p. 324).
  • God rejected the fig leaf aprons which Adam and Eve made (Gen. 3:21). Why do Mormons memorialize the fall by using fig leaf aprons in the secret temple ceremonies?

Is the Book of Mormon true? Is it a latter-day revelation that restores the so-called true Christian faith? No, it is not. The following is a list of questions that are difficult for Mormons to answer. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is not the true Christian Church.
  • Why do Mormons put back into their temples, the veil that God destroyed at the crucifixion of Jesus (Matt. 27:51)?
The renting of the veil in the temple was a sign that the Savior of the world had just died. It wasn't meant to mean that temples were never to have a veil in them.
  • How could Joseph Smith have seen God the Father in his first vision, if the Bible says that God the Father cannot be seen (1 Tim. 6:15-16).
The verse doesn't insinuate what you think since Stephen, at his martyrdom, saw in vision Jesus standing of the right hand of the Father.
Acts 7:
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
  • If the Book of Mormon is true, why do Indians fail to turn white when they become Mormons? (2 Nephi 30:6, prior to the 1981 revision).
The color white has always been associated with purity. This is why the garments of God's angels are white (see Daniel 7:9 and Revelation 15:6). Additionally read "What Does It Mean to be a White and Delightsome People".
  • If the Book of Mormon is true, then why has the Mormon church changed it? Examples are: 1 Nephi 11:21; 19:20; 20:1 and Alma 29:4. Compare these with the original Book of Mormon. (Gerald and Sandra Tanner have counted 3913 changes in the book of Mormon, excluding punctuation changes).
See "Understanding the Process of Publishing the Book of Mormon". God basically provided a means to translate the ancient record but several mortals were involved in transcribing the revealed translation and were not perfect in their part.
  • How did Joseph Smith carry home the golden plates of the Book of Mormon, and how did the witnesses lift them so easily? (They weighed about 230 lbs. Gold, with a density of 19.3 weighs 1204.7 lbs. per cubic foot. The plates were 7″ x 8″ by about 6.” See Articles of Faith, by Talmage, p. 262, 34th ed.).
We don't believe the plates were made of solid Gold. They had the appearance of gold but were likely an alloy of gold and other metals. See "Gold Plates".
  • If Moroni devoutly practiced the Mormon Gospel, why is he an angel now rather than a God? (Doc. & Cov. 132:17, 37)
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints do not believe that once you die and you are exalted into the kingdom of heaven, that you are a perfected being like God the Father. Becoming a being like the Father would entail much more than simply coming to this mortal life and dying. You may be considered to have the title of god but you are not to the point of being able to take on all the responsibilities that the Father has taken upon Himself without further perfection of the soul.
  • Why do Mormons emphasize part of the Word of Wisdom and ignore the part forbidding the eating of meat except in winter, cold or famine? (Doc. & Cov. 89:12,13).
That question is like asking members of other Christian sects why they are not perfectly obeying every word of God. Although we are taught to using meat sparingly, many have not mastered the teaching.
  • Why did the Nauvoo House not stand forever and ever? (Doc. & Cov. 124:56-60).
It is still standing today. How do you know that it will not stand forever and ever? see Nauvoo House
  • If Jesus was conceived as a result of a physical union between God and Mary, how was Jesus born of a virgin? (Journal of Discourses, vol. 1, p. 50).
We know today that artificial insemination is possible with mankind so what makes you think God is not capable of inseminating Mary in any other way than having sex with her personally? It is not a doctrine and never has been that God had sex with Mary. We do not know how God accomplished it but we do know that Jesus was the very Son of the Father. You assume that we believe it was by having sex which is probably a misguided belief on your part.
  • How did Nephi with a few men on a new continent build a temple like Solomon’s while Solomon needed 163,300 workmen and seven years to build his temple? (1 Kings 5:13-18 and 2 Nephi 5:15-17).
I think the verse in 2 Nephi is self explanatory:

2 Nephi 5:15-17
15 And I did teach my people to build buildings, and to work in all manner of wood, and of iron, and of copper, and of brass, and of steel, and of gold, and of silver, and of precious ores, which were in great abundance.
16 And I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon save it were not built of so many precious things; for they were not to be found upon the land, wherefore, it could not be built like unto Solomon’s temple. But the manner of the construction was like unto the temple of Solomon; and the workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine.
17 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did cause my people to be industrious, and to labor with their hands.

• Why was Joseph Smith still preaching against polygamy in October 1843 after he got his revelation in July 1843 commanding the practice of polygamy? (Doc. & Cov. 132; and History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 46, or Teachings of the Prophet, p. 324).
Doctrine and Covenants 132 does not preach against polygamy but sets down the rules that God allows for polygamy to be practiced. Try reading it instead of copying and pasting from an anti-mormon site.
  • God rejected the fig leaf aprons which Adam and Eve made (Gen. 3:21). Why do Mormons memorialize the fall by using fig leaf aprons in the secret temple ceremonies?
Genesis 3:21
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Where does it imply that God rejected the aprons made of leaves. God simply made for them a nicer set of clothing and appreciated that Adam and Eve realized that they were naked and clothed themselves with aprons. Appears to be a question that strains to find fault with the LDS people.

The renting of the veil in the temple was a sign that the Savior of the world had just died. It wasn't meant to mean that temples were never to have a veil in them.

The verse doesn't insinuate what you think since Stephen, at his martyrdom, saw in vision Jesus standing of the right hand of the Father.
Acts 7:
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

The color white has always been associated with purity. This is why the garments of God's angels are white (see Daniel 7:9 and Revelation 15:6). Additionally read "What Does It Mean to be a White and Delightsome People".

See "Understanding the Process of Publishing the Book of Mormon". God basically provided a means to translate the ancient record but several mortals were involved in transcribing the revealed translation and were not perfect in their part.

We don't believe the plates were made of solid Gold. They had the appearance of gold but were likely an alloy of gold and other metals. See "Gold Plates".

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints do not believe that once you die and you are exalted into the kingdom of heaven, that you are a perfected being like God the Father. Becoming a being like the Father would entail much more than simply coming to this mortal life and dying. You may be considered to have the title of god but you are not to the point of being able to take on all the responsibilities that the Father has taken upon Himself without further perfection of the soul.

That question is like asking members of other Christian sects why they are not perfectly obeying every word of God. Although we are taught to using meat sparingly, many have not mastered the teaching.

It is still standing today. How do you know that it will not stand forever and ever? see Nauvoo House

We know today that artificial insemination is possible with mankind so what makes you think God is not capable of inseminating Mary in any other way than having sex with her personally? It is not a doctrine and never has been that God had sex with Mary. We do not know how God accomplished it but we do know that Jesus was the very Son of the Father. You assume that we believe it was by having sex which is probably a misguided belief on your part.

I think the verse in 2 Nephi is self explanatory:

2 Nephi 5:15-17
15 And I did teach my people to build buildings, and to work in all manner of wood, and of iron, and of copper, and of brass, and of steel, and of gold, and of silver, and of precious ores, which were in great abundance.
16 And I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon save it were not built of so many precious things; for they were not to be found upon the land, wherefore, it could not be built like unto Solomon’s temple. But the manner of the construction was like unto the temple of Solomon; and the workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine.
17 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did cause my people to be industrious, and to labor with their hands.

Doctrine and Covenants 132 does not preach against polygamy but sets down the rules that God allows for polygamy to be practiced. Try reading it instead of copying and pasting from an anti-mormon site.

Genesis 3:21
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Where does it imply that God rejected the aprons made of leaves. God simply made for them a nicer set of clothing and appreciated that Adam and Eve realized that they were naked and clothed themselves with aprons. Appears to be a question that strains to find fault with the LDS people.

You're Mormon! That explains it.

Forum List

Back