ABC Facing Backlash and Boycott After Cancellation

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
ABC is facing backlash after the network announced the cancellation of one of its highest-rated shows "Last Man Standing" Friday.

The news came as a shock to fans who favored the conservative-leaning sitcom starring Tim Allen and many questioned if the decision was due to the show's politics. ABC told Fox News the show was canceled due to scheduling.

Now, a petition to boycott ABC until they agree to bring back "Last Man Standing" has quickly garnered more than 10,000 signatures.

"'Last Man Standing' stands out in the sea of network television sitcoms," the petition states. "It is a show that appeals to a broad swath of Americans who find very few shows that extol the virtues with which they can identify; namely conservative values."

ABC declined to comment on the petition. Allen, the show's star, has yet to comment on the cancellation and did not return Fox News' multiple requests for a statement.

According to Deadline, the sitcom was the network's second-highest comedy this season and averaged 8.1 million viewers, just behind "Modern Family," which averaged 8.7 million viewers this season and was recently renewed for two more seasons. It was also ABC's third highest watched scripted series behind "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Modern Family."

How come "Last Man Standing" be canceled and what is next for Tim Allen's acting career?

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

How come "Last Man Standing" be canceled and what is next for Tim Allen's acting career?

I guess it's back to giving blowjobs at the bus station for him, at least until he can get another show.

It, a decidedly conservative themed comedy, was cancelled because it wasn't "consistent with the views of ABC."

They had to make room for the new smash Liberal comedy sitcom "Here Comes Melissa". Follow the madcap zany antics of Melissa Macarthy as she ridicules one GOP figure after another as only she can.

It, a decidedly conservative themed comedy, was cancelled because it wasn't "consistent with the views of ABC."

Where was that quote from, your ass?
Read the original post ALL the way to the bottom ... send me an email for all the words you don't understand. I'll draw pictures for you.

Read the original post ALL the way to the bottom ... send me an email for all the words you don't understand. I'll draw pictures for you.

If you believe that you're an idiot. It's about the money, it's always about the money.

If you believe that you're an idiot. It's about the money, it's always about the money.
Read the article ... if you disagree, show us the proof.

Until you can, keep the childish and immature name calling to yourself.

ABC is facing backlash after the network announced the cancellation of one of its highest-rated shows "Last Man Standing" Friday.

The news came as a shock to fans who favored the conservative-leaning sitcom starring Tim Allen and many questioned if the decision was due to the show's politics. ABC told Fox News the show was canceled due to scheduling.

Now, a petition to boycott ABC until they agree to bring back "Last Man Standing" has quickly garnered more than 10,000 signatures.

"'Last Man Standing' stands out in the sea of network television sitcoms," the petition states. "It is a show that appeals to a broad swath of Americans who find very few shows that extol the virtues with which they can identify; namely conservative values."

ABC declined to comment on the petition. Allen, the show's star, has yet to comment on the cancellation and did not return Fox News' multiple requests for a statement.

According to Deadline, the sitcom was the network's second-highest comedy this season and averaged 8.1 million viewers, just behind "Modern Family," which averaged 8.7 million viewers this season and was recently renewed for two more seasons. It was also ABC's third highest watched scripted series behind "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Modern Family."

Your numbers are wrong. The series averages 6.4 million viewers this season, and those numbers were falling.

The show has been in for 6 seasons, and has a syndication deal already in place. Few shows last this long.

I've never seen the show and can't comment on the politics. I mostly watch TV for the sports. The only comedy I watch is Big Bang Theory.

"According to Deadline, the sitcom was the network's second-highest comedy this season and averaged 8.1 million viewers, just behind "Modern Family," which averaged 8.7 million viewers this season and was recently renewed for two more seasons. It was also ABC's third highest watched scripted series behind "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Modern Family."

Tim Allen 'blindsided' by 'Last Man Standing' cancellation

Tim Allen is speaking out days after ABC canceled his show "Last Man Standing."

ABC announced it canceled Allen's show after six seasons last week telling Fox News "this was a scheduling decision." The network was immediately hit with criticism that the show was axed due to its conservative values and a petition on Change.org to have it reinstated in the lineup has racked up more than 200,000 signatures in less than a week.

Allen finally took to Twitter to respond to the news.

"Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years," he wrote Tuesday night.

Allen and his co-star Hector Elizondo declined to comment to Fox News about the cancellation. His co-stars Nancy Travis, Kaitlyn Dever, Molly Ephraim and Christoph Sanders did not return Fox News' request for comment.

However, Nancy Travis, who plays Allen's wife Vanessa Baxter on the show, has been retweeting fans' efforts to boycott ABC until they bring back "Last Man Standing."

Amanda Fuller, who plays Allen's daughter Kristen asked fans to sign the petition in support of the show and shared an emotional note on Twitter.

"To all the devoted 'Last Man Standing' fans, thank you," she wrote in a lengthy note. "I believe in the power that lies in storytelling being a mirror to our world, representing all voices...and for that reason I have always been proud and honored to be a part of 'Last Man Standing,' the only sitcom today that I feel truly strived to do that."

The cancellation came as a shock for many fans considering the show's high ratings. Deadline reports the sitcom was the network's second-highest comedy this season and averaged 8.1 million viewers, just behind "Modern Family," which averaged 8.7 million viewers this season and was recently renewed for two more seasons. It was also ABC's third highest watched scripted series behind "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Modern Family."

ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey further explained the network's decision to cancel "Last Man Standing" in a press call Tuesday.

“I canceled 'Last Man Standing' for the same business and scheduling reasons I canceled 'The Real O’Neals,' 'Dr. Ken,' 'The Catch,' 'American Crime,'” Dungey said. "It was challenging because it was a steady performer but when we made the decision not to continue with comedies on Friday that’s where it landed.”

Forum List

Back