Aaron Shock's father gives a very candid interview over Aaron's resignation

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
My Son Isn t Gay He May Go To Jail Aaron Schock s Father Gives Extremely Candid Interview - The New Civil Rights Movement

GOP Congressman Aaron Schock has had a rough six weeks, ever since a a Washington Post reporter stumbled upon his Downton Abbey-inspired congressional office. That revelation, and that it was "free," setting off charges of ethics violations, led to the media scouring Schock's congressional, campaign, and personal financial records. What they found led to his resignation.

It seems the growing scandal has had an understandable impact of the Congressman's father. Dr. Richard Schock gave an on-camera interview to ABC7 Chicago's Ben Bradley, during which he unloaded many opinions that his son might have preferred his dad hadn't shared.

“Two years from now he’ll be successful, if he’s not in jail,” Dr. Shock told reporters. “If they’re going to convict him on paperwork, then they’re going to convict him. That’s their privilege. They’re out to get him and they’re making issues out of things that really shouldn’t be issues.”

LOOK: Here's Why Aaron Schock (Probably) Just Resigned From Congress

The elder Schock also stated, "Yeah, he's broke the law," but added that most of the accusations are "lies and innuendoes." He chalked up Rep. Schock reportedly being reimbursed for 90,000 miles he did not drive as "some variances in paperwork" and that he "got a little careless."

Discuss. This interview is about 10 minutes long.

What i find telling is""Overall, Schock’s payroll surged from $172,000 in the third quarter of 2014 to more than $300,000 in the fourth quarter, during which the House nearly shut down the government and failed to act on priorities like immigration reform. Three weeks later, Schock went on MSNBC to decry a proposed minimum wage increase as 'artificially raising the cost of labor.'"

• Banned
What i find telling is""Overall, Schock’s payroll surged from $172,000 in the third quarter of 2014 to more than $300,000 in the fourth quarter, during which the House nearly shut down the government and failed to act on priorities like immigration reform. Three weeks later, Schock went on MSNBC to decry a proposed minimum wage increase as 'artificially raising the cost of labor.'"

YEPP. Those are the kind of FACTS that bring some disinfectant sunlight into all of this. If the dude wants a lavish lifestyle, I really don't care. But there were obviously a great number of ethics breaches, to put it kindly, and I suspect that Mr. Schock realized that the slope was getting too slippery.

Just, I have never seen the parent of a politician-in-distress give this kind of interview, and more important, to give it so quickly. By my calculations, less than 24 hours have passed since Mr. Schock tendered his resignation...

Last edited:
  • Banned
  • Banned
Not at all. It's discussing a point. Come on, Joe, usually you are better at discernment than this.

Not at all. This is j ust kind of petty. Let's all laugh at his Downton Abbey Decor... and subtly imply he's gay.

Not really. When did I laugh over the decor? Please show the posting where I laughed over it.

As for him being gay, pfft. He probably is and will likely later come out, arousing the ire of may gay folk, I suspect, that in and of itself has nothing to do with his ethics problems.

For a guy who is usually willing to debate, you have suddenly become very, very grumpy.

Did you even watch the interview? If not, then you really haven't concentrated on the OP at all and therefore weakened your position.

Forum List

Back