"Aaron Judge Makes History — and Ignites Debate"

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I saw that thrilling moment......62nd home run!!!!!!!!

1. "....Judge launched a debate over the true holder of the home run record.
The blast at Globe Life Field at Arlington, Texas, came off the right-hander Jesús Tinoco at the outset of the first frame of the second game of an unusual Tuesday doubleheader. It was the penultimate contest of a campaign that has seen Mr. Judge carve out a suite of statistics that would have made George Herman “Babe” Ruth proud.

On Yom Kippur — the Jewish Day of Judgment — Yankee slugger Aaron Judge delivered a resounding verdict. In surpassing Roger Maris’s mark, which in turn relegated the Babe to second place, he also set the American League record. The Junior Circuit has been in operation since 1901.

The record books, however, show that Mr. Judge, as far as he has climbed, is not quite at the home run summit. He looks up at six seasons more prolific than his own, led by Barry Bonds’s 73 long balls in 2001 and Mark McGwire’s mark of 70 three years earlier."

On this day:

2001: Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants broke Mark McGwire's single-season home-run record when he hit his 71st and 72nd home runs of the season and finished the season with 73.​

October 7th, hit #73
1664976342769.png

On this day:

2001: Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants broke Mark McGwire's single-season home-run record when he hit his 71st and 72nd home runs of the season and finished the season with 73.​

October 7th, hit #73
View attachment 705919
Yeah, ole Watermelonhead Bonds has the record on paper but Judge did it the way Ruth and Maris did it, dealing with issues along the way throughout the season, little nagging pains, walks, cold spells at the plate.....and without the use of performance enhancing steroids. Excellent season!

Yeah, ole Watermelonhead Bonds has the record on paper but Judge did it the way Ruth and Maris did it, dealing with issues along the way throughout the season, little nagging pains, walks, cold spells at the plate.....and without the use of performance enhancing steroids. Excellent season!
Despite your hate, he hit them off roided pitchers... so it all evened out.

I don't regard Barry Bonds as the legit home run king - I just don't. I think that his career as a whole was a great one and deserves to be in the HoF. He would have probably hit 500-600 homers without steroids, but there's no way I can consider anything that happened between 1996 - 2005 to be legit in terms of single season stats. I think Aaron Judge is da man.

And considering Bonds played during that stretch, I can't call him the all-time home run king either. That's Hank Aaron.

Despite your hate, he hit them off roided pitchers... so it all evened out.
Not all the pitchers or likely even a majority were taking steroids, but every single HR Bonds hit that year was aided by his use of PEDs.

Bottom line is Bonds cheated. Saying it’s ok because others cheated too is a bullshit excuse used only by cheaters.

Forum List

Back