A widow believed coronavirus killed her husband. It took weeks to learn the truth

I hope the greater awareness and demand to lower the patient ratio to doctors and to hospitals will speed up the process of setting up cooperative health care facilities and benefits in every district so we can normalize medical services by responsible free market choices and business sense.

Unfortunately for doctors, whether it's private insurance companies or massive govt programs, they are gonna get worked like dogs for less and less.. And "co-ops" can't afford to pay them much either. Hospitals and independent doctors LOSE money every year.. Fact of life..

Trump should have tested illegals working at meat packing plants that will now shut down from covid infection. But instead he had elites tested at Telluride ski resort & Fisher Island. Now more store shelves will be bare.

1. Nonsense.

2. Testing is a State, County and City issue.

3. Nonsense on your illegal comment and shelves being empty...
Today meat coolers were half empty already at Kroger, Aldi, Save A Lot & Walmart. It will soon be as hard to find as toilet paper. Enjoy your new diet, at least you won't need much toilet paper when your starving! LOL!

Well seeing I can eat Tofu, Noodles and so on while also knowing how to hunt and fish it seem I might survive a lot longer than you.

Also out here there are ranches that sell meat, fresh eggs and so on, so maybe where you are at you will starve but where I live we will not.

Heck, I am not that far I can go and put crab traps put and camp for a few days if need be...

I hope the greater awareness and demand to lower the patient ratio to doctors and to hospitals will speed up the process of setting up cooperative health care facilities and benefits in every district so we can normalize medical services by responsible free market choices and business sense.

Unfortunately for doctors, whether it's private insurance companies or massive govt programs, they are gonna get worked like dogs for less and less.. And "co-ops" can't afford to pay them much either. Hospitals and independent doctors LOSE money every year.. Fact of life..
^ Dear flacaltenn perhaps if the cooperatives are profit motivated. Good news about the nonprofit program -- it manages to pay doctors more than insurance pays them because of how much is saved. Don structured it to negotiate with providers where they can ask 130% of Medicare pricing while insurance would only pay them 100 to 115 or 120%. Plus they eliminate claims and get paid directly so that saves costs on paperwork, admin, and collections or losses. I guess what you are saying is the management of the coop has to avoid getting corrupted by greed like the Red Cross did that lost public faith. The way the nonprofit med coops are run by the members who hire the doctors they pay, they both have to agree on fair pricing or change the terms or work with someone else if either gets priced out of range. So it is up to the people to know the price range they are competing with. Don found that most providers were happy getting paid a little more than the market rate so he could ensure the group can get good doctors. You are right that if you only pay flat Medicare prices, some doctors want more. Don leaves that to the members to decide democratically who they want on retainer and how much to pay them. Providers with plenty of patients already paying them private prices will still agree to join at discount rates. The ones who just want to get paid a flat salary to see up to 1500 patients a year are happy getting paid a set amount monthly regardless of visits with no claims to file. So if the patients each pay 3 a month that's 4500 a month or 54,000 a year. If it's 6 a month that's 9000 a month or 108,000 a year paid to that doctor. If there is some reason for excess costs on the doctor, the nonprofit staff will renegotiate and work out agreements for the members to pay extra to cover services if they cost more than the estimate.

Quite sad... But, that's a failure of his doctors and their advice and care... Can't READ the link, because I've used up my "free" visits... Any OPINION on this depends on dates... Do YOU have those? Because testing was not widespread until mid March
He became I'll March 8th. Died March 16th.

Early testing took time to get the results and you're right, March 15 was when testing pretty much began (though it was available).

When he first started ordering coronavirus tests, around the week of March 9, his health-care system was quoting a 48- to 72-hour turnaround time from their third-party laboratory. But “even from the very beginning, a lot of tests would take five to six to seven days to come back,” he says.

Everyone who needs a test can get a test? We're not undercounting C19 deaths?? ALL BS - Sad :confused:

<snips>

For Julie Murillo, the fight to get her husband tested for COVID-19 lasted twice as long as his battle with the illness itself.​
Julio Ramirez fell sick March 8 after returning from a trip to Indiana for his job as a sales representative for a jewelry company. Fearing he’d been exposed to the coronavirus, the 43-year-old sought care, but doctors refused to test him on two separate occasions, instead giving him medication and telling him to rest at his San Gabriel home.​
He died there March 16.​
Nearly three weeks later, after a campaign by Murillo that included calling government agencies and hiring a private autopsy firm, a team from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health visited the funeral home where Ramirez’s body was being kept. Test results confirmed what Murillo had suspected: Her husband had contracted the coronavirus.​
Three days after they visited the urgent care, Murillo could not wake Ramirez when she went to check on him. She called 911, and when first responders arrived, they told her he’d been dead for several hours.​
“From finding my husband to trying to find a pulse on him to dragging him off the bed onto the floor — it’s just a vision that I can’t shake,” she said.​
“Everything is just a blur, what happened. And when I start getting a clear mind, then I start getting upset that maybe somehow this could have been prevented or he could at least have had a fighting chance.”​

Full:

He would have died either way.

YaY - Dr Dekster has spoken!! :D

Tests don't prevent infections you already have, inbred. Forget the timeline for your HIV results already?

Everyone who needs a test can get a test? We're not undercounting C19 deaths?? ALL BS - Sad :confused:

<snips>

For Julie Murillo, the fight to get her husband tested for COVID-19 lasted twice as long as his battle with the illness itself.​
Julio Ramirez fell sick March 8 after returning from a trip to Indiana for his job as a sales representative for a jewelry company. Fearing he’d been exposed to the coronavirus, the 43-year-old sought care, but doctors refused to test him on two separate occasions, instead giving him medication and telling him to rest at his San Gabriel home.​
He died there March 16.​
Nearly three weeks later, after a campaign by Murillo that included calling government agencies and hiring a private autopsy firm, a team from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health visited the funeral home where Ramirez’s body was being kept. Test results confirmed what Murillo had suspected: Her husband had contracted the coronavirus.​
Three days after they visited the urgent care, Murillo could not wake Ramirez when she went to check on him. She called 911, and when first responders arrived, they told her he’d been dead for several hours.​
“From finding my husband to trying to find a pulse on him to dragging him off the bed onto the floor — it’s just a vision that I can’t shake,” she said.​
“Everything is just a blur, what happened. And when I start getting a clear mind, then I start getting upset that maybe somehow this could have been prevented or he could at least have had a fighting chance.”​

Full:

So why wasn't a autopsy done and the test done during the autopsy?

This falls on City and County Officials and if it took her three weeks for the County to act then she need to rip their asses a new one because it is their job to test if a person died and the result could be from Covid-19...

So who do you blame for this?

It was in the cut/paste.. Covid was CONFIRMED post mortem...

Still, this falls on the County Officials, and yet Trump will be blamed...

Gonna be hard in any case "to blame Trump" because the short trip to Research, Design and Approve those test kits took more than a YEAR OFF the normal bureaucratic red tape...

Don't think the failure here is politics.. It's a disconnect between the patient, the wife and his doctors...

That is not how the Op is attempting to spin it and the failure is actually the county officials after the death.

Before the death it would have been the doctor failure but to administer the test after the death ( if a test was available ) would fall on the County Health Department and the coroner's office.

It took her three weeks because of the backlog of cases and the short supply of tests seeing the test is new but this will not stop trying to make this about how Trump failed the woman while not understanding how being tested is not as easy as they believe it is.

We have over three hundred million people in this country and getting the amount of tests needed to test everyone not once but twice because of possible faulty test kits that will give a false reading will take time...

In the end any failure after the death is on the County Officials because the man should have been tested so the community needed to know and be tested...

Nobody is advocating the testing of 330 million people. Spot testing sample areas to the tune of around a million a day for a month along with aggressive contact tracing is required PRONTO if y'all REALLY wanna open everything back up and have the public's confidence.
I’m in Boston I’m
Waiting for a democrat to step up and stop treating trump like he’s there baby daddy

Here it is..

suicide-chart.jpg

Let's call it 4 per 100,000 and conservatively 4 years long.. For the SPIKE -- that's an additional 12,000 deaths in today's population.. But over 2 or 4 years -- you'd be talking about 20,000 or 50,000... AND that won't include OTHER mental health issues....

We're likely to have a vaccine within a year. Assuming we survive the Trumpists anxious to open things back open, idiot governors and Donnie's incompetence, the nightmare should be over at latest by Fall 2021.
Don structured it to negotiate with providers where they can ask 130% of Medicare pricing while insurance would only pay them 100 to 115 or 120%. Plus they eliminate claims and get paid directly so that saves costs on paperwork, admin, and collections or losses. I guess what you are saying is the management of the coop has to avoid getting corrupted by greed like the Red Cross did that lost public faith.

I love the co-op concept for med clinics... But like ANY co-op they need constant INVESTMENT to grow and survive.. So they are very hard to SCALE UP... Especially if the employees have to decide between pay raises and buying a new ultrasound or other equipment.. The evil thing people call "PROFIT" -- INCLUDES those investments on infrastructure and EXPANSION.. So there needs to be "profits" in co-ops as well -- it is just renamed...

Quite sad... But, that's a failure of his doctors and their advice and care... Can't READ the link, because I've used up my "free" visits... Any OPINION on this depends on dates... Do YOU have those? Because testing was not widespread until mid March
He became I'll March 8th. Died March 16th.

Early testing took time to get the results and you're right, March 15 was when testing pretty much began (though it was available).

When he first started ordering coronavirus tests, around the week of March 9, his health-care system was quoting a 48- to 72-hour turnaround time from their third-party laboratory. But “even from the very beginning, a lot of tests would take five to six to seven days to come back,” he says.

Thanks man.. So this is basically a bait story to cast blame everywhere -- except where it belongs...

Welcome to Kaiser Permanente!

Although flacaltenn does make the factual point about test kit availability in the time frame of 3/8 -3/16.
Test kit availability in California were skimpy at best and only given to hospitals and LTC facilities.

Welcome to Kaiser Permanente!

Although flacaltenn does make the factual point about test kit availability in the time frame of 3/8 -3/16.
Test kit availability in California were skimpy at best and only given to hospitals and LTC facilities.
Yep. They were everywhere, along with long wait times for the results -- many days.

Just more libs trying to rewrite history again

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Interesting that when a completely new virus crops up, the lay public thinks that any government can immediately produce accurate testing and in-turn, rapidly produce vaccines to save vast numbers of the public. News flash: We don't live in a Hollywood movie or TV mini-series.
The only blame here, falls on China, for not opening up about this as quickly as possible and working hand-in-hand with other governments on it.

As far as "testing everyone", if you LISTENED to the Prez and Fauci and Birx, the hang-up is -- Ironically enough - that the companies MAKING the test kits are SLOWED by the fact that the components in the kits, (reagents, chemicals, pharma, supplies) ALL COME FROM CHINA !!! And they can't get orders FILLED to scale up to THAT magnitude.. In fact, heard Gov Cuomo TODAY give that bad news also....

I don't understand why you accept that lame-ass excuse. Of course, neither Birx nor Fauci will contradict the Orange dunce on stage on that matter (not their purview), but, where's Trump's leadership? How about he finally, finally finds the tools at his disposal, and finally invokes the Defense Production Act for good measure? That testing issue, botched early on while countries from South Korea to Germany ramped up testing, should have been resolved at least a month ago.

Look at testing per capita; it's telling.

That's not "just" about a widow not knowing why her husband died, heart rending as that is. Swamping the country with tests is also a precondition for the opening up of the country because consumers won't come out to consume if they are in the dark about the spread of the disease. It would not surprise me at all if wide-spread testing, and therefore catching cases early, were a critical determinant of therapeutic outcomes.

So, really, I don't understand why you accept that lame-ass excuse. America can't produce the required amounts of reagents, or the required number of swabs? Please...

Forum List

Back