A way to improve our country starting November 4th

Grace Is Stoked

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2019
I've typed this out maybe like four times now and i'll probably never be abel to get these thoughts out properly. In my opinion, and this is just as I see it, in all likelihood Joe Biden will be our next president and there will be economic and social tilts back towards the left side of politics over the next four years which will make millions of people happy and millions of people mad. We've seen what hyper partisanship gets us in this country from both sides and it's pretty unappealing to me. The pendulum focus of every four years giving the other side relative pain for your four years of political happiness just doesn't work and it isn't a long term system that will bring us together or make our country better in my opinion. We have to change our focus.

I thought about this last night and then again early this morning. A good way of helping to increase happiness in this country is a focus on the simpler things in life that add mental comfort to our life. Starting November 4th there will be millions of people who are angry about the outcome of the election. They will assume the worst and will look around at all of their material possessions, their finances, their social beliefs, their preferences, and will be certain that it will all come crashing down around them resulting in pain and years of miserableness. Most of that, in my opinion, is based on months or years of manufactured fear and usually doesn't translate to reality. All the while they will be surrounded by people they love and mental comforts that no politician can really take from them.

Let's say if Biden wins and you are mad. There is a probability that your taxes will go up in order to help all Americans regardless of their position or status have quality healthcare. You may lose some physical money to those taxes upfront or have some anger or resentment that your lifestyle isn't going to be as materially acceptable as you hoped because your take home isn't as much anymore, but you haven't lost your ability to find peace in nature and with those you love. You really haven't lost your ability to sit outside on a cold night and get together with close friends, light some candles, cover with blankets and have drinks together around a fire nearly for free which is one of our favorite things to do personally. You really haven't lost your ability to spend time with your spouse, your dog, your kids if you have kids, your parents or grandparents doing activities that cost very little money but are fulfilling in your mind and your heart. You really haven't lost your ability to determine what truly matters most in your life all because a politician or political party that you don't like is now in power and affected your temporary wants or desires.

Our country needs a mentality switch, a different focus, in my opinion. There are greater things in our lives already than winning and political triumph. Would you be willing to live a slightly more minimalist lifestyle if it meant more quality time with family and friends and less time focusing on upgrading, buying, and having? Would you be willing to live a little more simply if it means others that have had more struggles than you in their lives can feel some relief and live similarly to you because they are able to take care of their health and start living? Would you be willing to be ok with a loss politically if it means people can be their full self without the fear of bigotry or judgment? Would you be willing to sacrifice at the pump or in other ways to help the health of our planet which in turn will mean long term health and happiness for you and your family? I know I would and I already try to. My basic point is that more money, more material possessions, more profit, more political winning, more guns, more anger, more division, more selfishness, more pollution, more looking to the past will not help our collective well-being or our country in the future.

And before it's said this is not a call for communism. I've had a thread before on here that talked about how I am for adopting a more ethical and functional form of capitalism which is I advocate for. This is mainly just to highlight that right now regardless of politics there are things in our lives that can bring joy and happiness that cost very little money and that exist regardless of who is president, but it seems like millions of people seem to value the material wants and the political wins more, and that's where I think we should work the a change in our country post-election.

What you fail to understand is we live in a Constitutional Republic with laws to protect us from govt tyranny. We have inherent basic human rights that exceed any legitimate ability for a govt to take from us. Once we see our rights being violated by a govt, it's our duty to put a stop to it. Who are you to tell us how much money we should be allowed to keep? Are we no longer allowed to enjoy the fruits of our own labor or is that not a right, just a privilege?
You think we should stand down to get along, even if it means compromising our own beliefs & moral code because 51% of voters have gone batsh!t crazy? That is not freedom, that is tyranny by mob rule.
BTW, your assumption that Creepy Joe is going to win is wishful thinking, probably based on false polling purposely misleading sheople to influence this election for a desired outcome.
This debate tonight is going to be interesting. How long till Trump starts with the Obiden family corruption that MSM ignores or lies about?

Being from Oregon the OP and Grace appear to be products of the liberal education system, probably including "Critical Race Theory" and other nonsense. If Biden wins we will see stupid "never right" Joe drive the bus for a few days until Nancy can yank him out of the WH using the new simplified 25th Amendment the dems want.
Then all hell will break loose as the real leftists try to drive the bus. Should be interesting. Let's just hope Trump wins.

What you fail to understand is we live in a Constitutional Republic with laws to protect us from govt tyranny. We have inherent basic human rights that exceed any legitimate ability for a govt to take from us. Once we see our rights being violated by a govt, it's our duty to put a stop to it. Who are you to tell us how much money we should be allowed to keep? Are we no longer allowed to enjoy the fruits of our own labor or is that not a right, just a privilege?
You think we should stand down to get along, even if it means compromising our own beliefs & moral code because 51% of voters have gone batsh!t crazy? That is not freedom, that is tyranny by mob rule.
BTW, your assumption that Creepy Joe is going to win is wishful thinking, probably based on false polling purposely misleading sheople to influence this election for a desired outcome.
This debate tonight is going to be interesting. How long till Trump starts with the Obiden family corruption that MSM ignores or lies about?

I probably didn't do a great job in my OP of explain this better but i'm not asking you to no longer enjoy the fruits of your labor or to compromise your beliefs or moral code. I'm just saying that in many ways you already have so much more around you that is basically free and just as rewarding. The fear that you might take home less in a paycheck because of increased taxes would have less of a mental impact on people if people just realized that you can still fully enjoy life without many unnecessary material possessions and wants that end up being the main driver of the need of personal wealth.

It's like if you have ever lost power in your home and so you light some candles and read a book or play a board game. You recognize the simplicity in that and its great for mental health. Or if your phone is off and you end up paying more attention to whats around you that makes you happier. I'm not saying Biden will do that for you, he won't, he can't, but my main point was that we as Americans often focus on things that ultimately don't help our mental health or our collective well-being as a society. Success in the US is generally centered around individual wealth and power (even in our personal lives). What I am saying is that the real wealth is much simpler, and the real power is having everybody's well-being in mind.

Just accept more thievery. Thats a way to bring us together, for sure. :rolleyes:

I don't really view the existence of taxation in order to help fund shared investments within our country to be theft.
Thats what it is. Stealing the fruit of my labor to give to people who refuse to do it.
Especially when the fed gov doesnt even have those powers to spread the wealth.

Just accept more thievery. Thats a way to bring us together, for sure. :rolleyes:

I don't really view the existence of taxation in order to help fund shared investments within our country to be theft.

Shared?
Why is it that only a certain segment of society is doing all the sharing while the other gives nothing?

I probably didn't do a great job in my OP of explain this better but i'm not asking you to no longer enjoy the fruits of your labor or to compromise your beliefs or moral code. I'm just saying that in many ways you already have so much more around you that is basically free and just as rewarding. The fear that you might take home less in a paycheck because of increased taxes would have less of a mental impact on people if people just realized that you can still fully enjoy life without many unnecessary material possessions and wants that end up being the main driver of the need of personal wealth.

It's like if you have ever lost power in your home and so you light some candles and read a book or play a board game. You recognize the simplicity in that and its great for mental health. Or if your phone is off and you end up paying more attention to whats around you that makes you happier. I'm not saying Biden will do that for you, he won't, he can't, but my main point was that we as Americans often focus on things that ultimately don't help our mental health or our collective well-being as a society. Success in the US is generally centered around individual wealth and power (even in our personal lives). What I am saying is that the real wealth is much simpler, and the real power is having everybody's well-being in mind.

So I'm supposed to share so much that I can no longer retire?
You must be really young.

You sound like a reasonable person so let me explain it from my point of view. Not only do higher personal taxes reduce your take home income, they also shrink the economy as a whole. Businesses paying higher taxes can no longer offer higher wages, expand operations to create more jobs or lower prices to consumers. These costs are always passed to the consumer. This means less employment opportunity, which leads to wage stagnation or reduction because people are competing for fewer jobs.
Low taxes & minimal regulations lead to an overall economic expansion with businesses competing for higher quality labor with higher wages & benefits, which in turn lifts people at all levels. 2019, our median household income rose to almost $69K. That is a $4400, 6.8% increase over the previous year, the highest growth ever recorded. Minorities, women, single Moms all had higher income growth rates than the avg person & the poverty numbers dropped dramatically. We were at full employment and peoples accounts soared along with the stock market.
Under Bush & Obama (16 years) our median income only rose a total of $67. From $60,906 to $60,973. It actually shrank under Obama. The first 3 years under Trump, it rose almost $8000.
I have no problem living a simpler life. I'm a rancher. But the way to give the most people the most happiness is for the govt to stay out of the way. More freedom & money in the pocket is the way to a happier life, not govt confiscation & intrusions on our rights

Last edited:
I've typed this out maybe like four times now and i'll probably never be abel to get these thoughts out properly. In my opinion, and this is just as I see it, in all likelihood Joe Biden will be our next president and there will be economic and social tilts back towards the left side of politics over the next four years which will make millions of people happy and millions of people mad. We've seen what hyper partisanship gets us in this country from both sides and it's pretty unappealing to me. The pendulum focus of every four years giving the other side relative pain for your four years of political happiness just doesn't work and it isn't a long term system that will bring us together or make our country better in my opinion. We have to change our focus.

I thought about this last night and then again early this morning. A good way of helping to increase happiness in this country is a focus on the simpler things in life that add mental comfort to our life. Starting November 4th there will be millions of people who are angry about the outcome of the election. They will assume the worst and will look around at all of their material possessions, their finances, their social beliefs, their preferences, and will be certain that it will all come crashing down around them resulting in pain and years of miserableness. Most of that, in my opinion, is based on months or years of manufactured fear and usually doesn't translate to reality. All the while they will be surrounded by people they love and mental comforts that no politician can really take from them.

Let's say if Biden wins and you are mad. There is a probability that your taxes will go up in order to help all Americans regardless of their position or status have quality healthcare. You may lose some physical money to those taxes upfront or have some anger or resentment that your lifestyle isn't going to be as materially acceptable as you hoped because your take home isn't as much anymore, but you haven't lost your ability to find peace in nature and with those you love. You really haven't lost your ability to sit outside on a cold night and get together with close friends, light some candles, cover with blankets and have drinks together around a fire nearly for free which is one of our favorite things to do personally. You really haven't lost your ability to spend time with your spouse, your dog, your kids if you have kids, your parents or grandparents doing activities that cost very little money but are fulfilling in your mind and your heart. You really haven't lost your ability to determine what truly matters most in your life all because a politician or political party that you don't like is now in power and affected your temporary wants or desires.

Our country needs a mentality switch, a different focus, in my opinion. There are greater things in our lives already than winning and political triumph. Would you be willing to live a slightly more minimalist lifestyle if it meant more quality time with family and friends and less time focusing on upgrading, buying, and having? Would you be willing to live a little more simply if it means others that have had more struggles than you in their lives can feel some relief and live similarly to you because they are able to take care of their health and start living? Would you be willing to be ok with a loss politically if it means people can be their full self without the fear of bigotry or judgment? Would you be willing to sacrifice at the pump or in other ways to help the health of our planet which in turn will mean long term health and happiness for you and your family? I know I would and I already try to. My basic point is that more money, more material possessions, more profit, more political winning, more guns, more anger, more division, more selfishness, more pollution, more looking to the past will not help our collective well-being or our country in the future.

And before it's said this is not a call for communism. I've had a thread before on here that talked about how I am for adopting a more ethical and functional form of capitalism which is I advocate for. This is mainly just to highlight that right now regardless of politics there are things in our lives that can bring joy and happiness that cost very little money and that exist regardless of who is president, but it seems like millions of people seem to value the material wants and the political wins more, and that's where I think we should work the a change in our country post-election.
Sorry lass, but evil doesn't go away if you just bake cookies and pretend things are hunky-dory.

The Democrats are an evil that needs to be challenged and destroyed. There are no more holes in the sand in which one can hide their heads.

Fight back with all that you have because they're going to destroy you even if you ONLY look at the bright side of life.

Jot this down: without being communist/collectivist/Democrat, Americans are the most charitable people on the earth.
Your suggestion, government coercion, has been tried.....throughout the 20th century, with well over 100 million slaughtered in the name of 'sharing.'

Only the most educationally deprived individuals believe as you do.
I'm guessing that you are a government school grad.

The Generosity of America
Adam Meyerson has been president of The Philanthropy Roundtable since 2001.

404 Not Found - Hillsdale College

1. To begin with, charitable giving in America has never been the exclusive province of wealthy people. Throughout our history, Americans from all walks of life have given generously for charitable causes. Indeed, the most generous Americans today—the group that gives the most to charity as a proportion of their income—are the working poor.
  2. Today, Americans voluntarily give over $30 billion a year to support higher education, and—thanks in part to philanthropy—America has the best colleges and universities in the world. Even our great flagship state universities depend on private contributions for much of their excellence.
  3. Private charitable giving is also at the heart and soul of public discourse in our democracy. It makes possible our great think tanks, whether left, right or center. Name a great issue of public debate today: climate change, the role of government in health care, school choice, stem cell research, same-sex marriage. On all these issues, private philanthropy enriches debate by enabling organizations with diverse viewpoints to articulate and spread their message.
  4. We usually hear about charity in the media when there is a terrible disaster. For example, after Hurricane Katrina, we heard about the incredible outpouring of private generosity that amounted to $6 billion. What gets less attention is that Americans routinely give that much to charity every week. Last year Americans gave $300 billion to charity. To put this into perspective, that is almost twice what we spent on consumer electronics equipment—equipment including cell phones, iPods and DVD players. Americans gave three times as much to charity last year as we spent on gambling and ten times as much as we spent on professional sports. America is by far the most charitable country in the world. There is no other country that comes close.

BTW.....every survey shows that conservatives are far.....FAR......more charitable than Liberals.

Last edited:

I've rarely met a Liberal who does much reading, and I'd be happy to provide a curriculum for you.....but here would be a good place to begin:

1603390033885.png

That's a really reflective post Grace...thanks for posting it, definitely food for thought.

I've rarely met a Liberal who does much reading, and I'd be happy to provide a curriculum for you.....but here would be a good place to begin:

View attachment 405156

This Coyote person may 'disagree' but I'll bet can't find a single thing in error in my posts.

Begin here: did you read the book?

Can you name three or four books that you can point to as having informed your geopolitical perspective.

You can always 'disagree' with this post.

Both left-leaning and right-leaning analysts say Biden's plans will not increase taxes on the middle class. Just the rich.

What I think will happen if the Democrats win the House, the Senate, and the Executive is that the Right will challenge every piece of legislation in court, and demand the Supremes be activist judges.

They have shown themselves to be profound hypocrites on everything else, so why not.

Watch and see.

The fear that you might take home less in a paycheck because of increased taxes would have less of a mental impact on people if people just realized that you can still fully enjoy life without many unnecessary material possessions and wants that end up being the main driver of the need of personal wealth.
This is one of the most dangerous attitudes on the planet today.

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs"

Your therapy of writing out your ravings isn't working. You're still just as fucking nuts as you were. Time to try something else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back