A "War Czar"...?!?

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>The White House wants to appoint a high-powered czar to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with authority to issue directions to the Pentagon, the State Department and other agencies, but it has had trouble finding anyone able and willing to take the job, according to people close to the situation. - <a href=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/10/AR2007041001776_pf.html><i>The Washington Post</i></a>, 4/11/07</blockquote>

Bush wants a "war czar"!?! He and his cabinet already possess ALL of the powers he wishes to give to the poor dumb bastard that gets appointed to the position. The mouthpiece filling in for Tony Snow tells us that Bush wants advice and input from a variety of sources. We've seen, however, that he tends to ignore that advice. Remember the Iraq Study Group headed by James Baker? But didn't Bush tell us, not so long ago that he was the "decider". We've known all along that his decisions are guided more by the voices in his head than the voices of reason around him.

Three retired generals have told the White House "No Thanks!" when offered the position. in the words of one general,

<blockquote>"The very fundamental issue is, <b>they don't know where the hell they're going</b>," said retired Marine Gen. John J. "Jack" Sheehan, a former top NATO commander who was among those rejecting the job. Sheehan said he believes that Vice President Cheney and his hawkish allies remain more powerful within the administration than pragmatists looking for a way out of Iraq. "So rather than go over there, develop an ulcer and eventually leave, I said, 'No, thanks,' " he said</blockquote>

Seems to me that Bush is following a pattern he has followed all his life...Blame someone else. And typical of drunks, even dry drunks, seek another enabler. I just wonder if he's talking to Richard Nixon's portrait yet.

I heard about this on the radio yesterday... they said four retired four-star generals had turned down the job. I guess when something's as screwed up as this has become at the hands of our President, no one would want to try and fix it.

I have to say, this irritates me to know end.

WE ALREADY HAVE A WAR CZAR!!

He's known as the "Commander in Chief." Also known as the President! WTF? Between the Cabinet and this new "War Czar," Bush is outsourcing his job. Must want more time to read.

I have to say, with every turn I grow more and more disappointed with Bush.

He wants the brunt of blame to be turned to someone else, since Rumsfeld left, Bush has taken all the heat for everything that has gone wrong in Iraq, I bet you can graph his approval drop from the day Rumsfeld walked away from this.

I have to say, this irritates me to know end.

WE ALREADY HAVE A WAR CZAR!!

He's known as the "Commander in Chief." Also known as the President! WTF? Between the Cabinet and this new "War Czar," Bush is outsourcing his job. Must want more time to read.

<b>I have to say, with every turn I grow more and more disappointed with Bush</b>.

And it's taken you this long because...? :wtf:

Maybe with elections this just around the corner....Bush needs to concentrate on other things....(shaking my head).

He might as well put an add in the paper...nobody wants this job to begin with.

This president of ours sure did have the talk earlier when this mess started..They kept up the propaganda to no end...Things were always getting better they said...They couldn't of been more far from the truth...

There has been no truth to this war since it started...and also why it started.

I hold Bush 100% accountable for this...I can't see why that guy is not called before the Senate to answer some serious ass questions.

Creek

In "The Dark Side," FRONTLINE tells the story of the vice president's role as the chief architect of the war on terror, and his battle with Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet for control of the "dark side." Drawing on more than 40 interviews and thousands of documents, the film provides a step-by-step examination of what happened inside the councils of war.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/view/

Id like to see more information on this before I make any conclusions. Any more information?

Maybe with elections this just around the corner....Bush needs to concentrate on other things....(shaking my head).

He might as well put an add in the paper...nobody wants this job to begin with.

This president of ours sure did have the talk earlier when this mess started..They kept up the propaganda to no end...Things were always getting better they said...They couldn't of been more far from the truth...

There has been no truth to this war since it started...and also why it started.

I hold Bush 100% accountable for this...I can't see why that guy is not called before the Senate to answer some serious ass questions.

Creek

What exactly would the President need to focus on election he isnt running in?

New Topics

Forum List

Back