A vote for Romney is a vote for Satan

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
For being a supposed leader of a Christian organization he fails to practice what the very book he proclaims teaches.

The church got rid of Polygomy over 100 years ago. It is a none issue. And the claim that the Church is a cult flies in the face of the very definition of what a cult is. One could claim this fellow's "organization" is a cult. As for his personal attacks on a man dead for over 150 years, put up some evidence or admit it is lies and fear mongering of the worst sort.

I am surprised he doesn't repeat the tired old claim that Smith stole the idea for the Book of Mormon from a writer of fiction in his day. And of course he failed to trot out the slaughter of innocent settlers by war mongering Mormons in the early 1850's.

I am sure those two "stories" will surface and be claimed as evidence to prevent a Mormon from running for President.

Just in case there are any doubts, the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints believes in the Bible and is a Christian Religion. God not a man is worshiped. The same God every other Christian believes in. The same Jesus, son of God as every other Christian.

In case anyone is curious, I belong to the Church and have since early 1979. I do not attend services though as I don't do well in large groups. The locally assigned Missionaries come and talk with me every week or so.

Mitt Romney has about as much chance of winning the primaries as Al Sharpton had winning the democratic Primary when he ran, in my personal Opinion.

Let me be a bit clearer. Romney will lose because he isn't the man for the Job. I won't be voting for him in the primaries thats for sure. Not sure who to vote for. Don't like McCain, he is to soft. Giliana is interesting but he has some positions I simply don't support.

What if he were a scientologist or a pastafarian?
If he were a scientologest he would have the BIGGEST war chest ever assembled and maintained. And Hollywierd would be rushing movies out in his support. he would have so many A listers supporting him the rest of the democrats would be forgotten. And yes he would be a liberal democrat.

What do you mean by "put up with this"?

What do you suggest be done?

You may not agree with them, but,they have the right to say what they believe.

The religious attacks. We do have freedom of religion.

The religious attacks. We do have freedom of religion.

I agree with you the attacks are wrong. But just as you and I have the freedom to practice a religion of our choice... These fools also have the right to make their rediculous accusations about things they don't understsnd...

censoring them would be a greater evil...

I agree with you the attacks are wrong. But just as you and I have the freedom to practice a religion of our choice... These fools also have the right to make their rediculous accusations about things they don't understsnd...

censoring them would be a greater evil...

No one was suggesting censorship...

Let me be a bit clearer. Romney will lose because he isn't the man for the Job. I won't be voting for him in the primaries thats for sure. Not sure who to vote for. Don't like McCain, he is to soft. Giliana is interesting but he has some positions I simply don't support.

I'm hoping Thompson throws his hat into the ring.

I noticed your concern that he has cancer. It's in remission. However, IMO, that would make his running mate a CRUCIAL point, rather than the usual afterthought.

That anyone pays any attention at all to the water-heads listed in the links above is disturbing in and of itself. Fact is I could care less if the POTUS is an atheist or a bible-thumper, so long as they don't try to codify their beliefs into law. Mitt Romney's being a Mormon is irrelevant. That he's a flip-flopping political hack is relevant. As my wife so pithily said when she saw him the first time, "That man would fuck the baby-sitter!", and he probably has.

That anyone pays any attention at all to the water-heads listed in the links above is disturbing in and of itself. Fact is I could care less if the POTUS is an atheist or a bible-thumper, so long as they don't try to codify their beliefs into law. Mitt Romney's being a Mormon is irrelevant. That he's a flip-flopping political hack is relevant. As my wife so pithily said when she saw him the first time, "That man would fuck the baby-sitter!", and he probably has.

Widen that lasso a bit. I don't see ANYONE from either side currently running for nomination qualified to run this country.

Look, I figure a person can have any set of beliefs they want. But Mormon is not a Christian religion and you can look up any Christian theologian who will discuss that problem. Their beliefs are entirely different from Christians. Our current President is a real, practicing Christian, who is faithful to his wife and believes in family values. Senator Brownback practices these values as well, believes in Jesus Our Savior and gets my vote for President, if our great Vice President Cheney decides against running.

Look, I figure a person can have any set of beliefs they want. But Mormon is not a Christian religion and you can look up any Christian theologian who will discuss that problem. Their beliefs are entirely different from Christians. Our current President is a real, practicing Christian, who is faithful to his wife and believes in family values. Senator Brownback practices these values as well, believes in Jesus Our Savior and gets my vote for President, if our great Vice President Cheney decides against running.

Perhaps we should let the Pope decide – via excommunication.
Better yet, I’d leave this for God to decide.

Christians are defined by their belief in God and Jesus Christ, Jesus as the savior and redeemer. I hate to burst any bubbles but that is EXACTLY what "Mormons" believe.

The only thing difference is that the Church believes God reestablished a Prophet on earth.

New Topics

Forum List

Back