A visual Daily Double, category: Old Movies

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
I'm a fan of old movies. Below is a scene from one I watched on YouTube last night. Hadn't notice the pictured actor's name in the credits but instantly recognized him and this close up removed any doubt.

Can you identify this actor?

Hint 1: movie is from 1942 and his character' name is "Red".
Hint 2: Is the son of an actor.

upload_2017-8-17_21-10-33.png

Using the first hint you can check you answer on imdb.com

Can not identified him...sorry

but I am a fan... more than a fan ....of old very old movies.

I'm a fan of old movies. Below is a scene from one I watched on YouTube last night. Hadn't notice the pictured actor's name in the credits but instantly recognized him and this close up removed any doubt.

Can you identify this actor?

Hint 1: movie is from 1942 and his character' name is "Red".
Hint 2: Is the son of an actor.

View attachment 144381

Using the first hint you can check you answer on imdb.com
Alan 'Jonas Grimby aka the Skipper' Hale Jr

Can you put that in the form of a question? Just kidding, we have a winner! The screen print was taken from the movie Rubber Racketeers.

upload_2017-8-18_9-20-53.png

This next screen print is from a movie made before this actor found his niche. In this and his other "pre-niche" roles he always seems to be playing the inconsequential role of an administrative assistant. But come to think of it, an assistant in another capacity came to be his trademark identity.

upload_2017-8-18_6-7-5.png

Last edited:

Can you put that in the form of a question? Just kidding, we have a winner! The screen print was taken from the movie Rubber Racketeers.

This next screen print is from a movie made before this actor found his niche. In this and his other "pre-niche" roles he always seems to be playing the inconsequential role of an administrative assistant. But come to thing of it, an assistant in another capacity came to be his trademark identity.

Robert Ryan, I believe

Well, it's not Joe E Brown, (bright lights-1935). or Spencer Tracy. (Fury-1936), and those are the only Joe Wilson characters I know from around that era.

The answer to yesterday's Daily Double is: George Hayes, you may know him better as "Gabby".

upload_2017-8-19_8-26-11.png

Screen shot is from Beggars in Ermine that I watched the other day on YouTube.

Forum List

Back