A Victory for the Right to Pee Standing Up

DixieJohn

Rookie
Oct 24, 2014
Dixieland
Dear ladies and gentlemen, did you get intrigued? So did I when I came across this article. And after reading it I got a very strong feeling that our beloved world is slowly rolling to hell.
Feminism, which started as a noble movement for women's right, turned into a monster that dictates men how they should do what they do in the private solitude of a bathroom.
I truly hope that such initiative will never get here. NEVER.

Thursday brought an advance in the cause of standing up to pee. A judge in the German city of Duesseldorf ruled in favor of a man suing his landlord for a full refund of his security deposit, which had been partially withheld because the marble floor of the tenant's bathroom had been damaged by uric acid, presumably from the errant urine of an upright person relieving himself.

"Someone who still practices this previously dominant custom is regularly confronted with significant disputes, particularly with female cohabitants," Judge Stefan Hank observed, according to AFP. "However normally he must not reckon with damage to the marble floor of a bathroom or guest toilet."

"Despite the increasing domestication of men in this area, urinating while standing up is indeed still common practice," Hank added.

Why, you might ask, is the judge referring to men urinating while standing up as a fading social phenomenon—a "previously dominant custom" undermined by the "increasing domestication of men?"

The dispute in Duesseldorf is actually part of a long-running debate in Germany over whether men should be encouraged to sit down when urinating. The controversy pits stehpinklers (men who stand up to pee) against sitzpinklers (men who sit down), and it has taken some bizarre twists over the years. In 2004, for example, The Telegraph reported that sitzpinkler had become a synonym for "wimp," and that a company had invented a gadget that attached to toilets and scolded stehpinklers when they lifted the seat. One admonition, in a voice mimicking that of former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, declared, "Hey, stand-peeing is not allowed here and will be punished with fines, so if you don't want any trouble, you'd best sit down." Millions of the devices had been sold in German supermarkets.

As has been the case with similar campaigns in countries ranging from Sweden to Taiwan, proponents of seated male urination in Germany typically cite its hygienic and health benefits.

A Victory for the Right to Pee Standing Up - The Atlantic

More efficient to pee sitting. Places additional pressure on the bladder making it a quicker process. Plus you don't have to worry about aiming or forked streams going on the floor. :) Plus it gives you the opportunity to read. I can't say I read hardcopy much if not in the bathroom. :)

More efficient to pee sitting. Places additional pressure on the bladder making it a quicker process. Plus you don't have to worry about aiming or forked streams going on the floor. :) Plus it gives you the opportunity to read. I can't say I read hardcopy much if not in the bathroom. :)
You pee sitting down

/shocked face

You pee sitting down

/shocked face
It's better than peeing from a hand stand...

You pee sitting down

/shocked face

I had public pee anxiety at MEPS during the urinalaysis. Standing between numerous other recruits with an enlisted guy at penis level making sure we didn't substitute our pee for some outside sample I found it impossible to go. They took me to a stall and the guy mentioned it's not uncommon and sitting places more pressur eon the bladder etc. Been sitting ever since.

You pee sitting down

/shocked face
Or into a fan or electric fence

You pee sitting down

/shocked face

Mythbusters tested the electric fence thing. :) Seems that unless you have an unusually strong and thus steady, unbroken stream, because it breaks up into segments typically you can't get a shock. :)

You pee sitting down

/shocked face

Mythbusters tested the electric fence thing. :) Seems that unless you have an unusually strong and thus steady, unbroken stream, because it breaks up into segments typically you can't get a shock. :)
I've never been zapped.....

This has mostly to do with the strange design of the "German" Toilet.

German-Toilet.jpeg

You pee sitting down

/shocked face

Tell that to my cousin who got knocked on his butt when he pissed on an electric fence.

Forum List

Back