A vaccination policy for green zones

linux07

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2020
With coronavirus vaccines potentially on the horizon, attention is now turning to how to distribute them once they are available. This column makes the case for vaccination deployment being dependent on the prevalence of the virus in a zone (i.e. a predefined geographical area). Red zones should focus on vaccinating people at risk and health workers to reduce fatalities and keep hospitals operational. Green zones, where community transmission is low, should additionally focus on vaccinating inter-zone travellers and highly central individuals to reduce the risk of re-importation and keep virus spread near zero.

Vaccinating by zones
So far, the discussion on who to vaccinate first has focused on the characteristics of individuals or their environments of interaction. While the importance of this distinction is not questioned, we propose considering another fundamental aspect: the various epidemiological situations. In red zones, the virus circulates actively among the population, whereas in green zones, this is not the case. A more efficient vaccination policy can be implemented by considering the colour of zones, as the epidemiological status of zones is constantly monitored and increasingly well understood.

• People at risk are individuals with the highest risk of developing severe symptoms in case of infection (e.g. old people, people with pre-existing health conditions).
  • Health workers are individuals who are close to and connect with people at risk.
  • Connectionists are individuals who are highly central within a community with respect to profession (e.g. students, bar tenders) and environment of interaction (e.g. indoor, cold and dry air).
  • Travellers are individuals who connect different communities that otherwise would not be connected (e.g. flight attendants, tourists, business travellers).

Distribute the vaccine according to social security number order.

Everyone line up!

Distribute the vaccine according to social security number order.

Everyone line up!
I'll take my chances on my uberman nietzsche immunity complexe syndrome therapy, same one Trump uses...You know what, actually it doesn't matter that tradition is so dead to COVID-19...

I'll wait until the last to get a shot to see if anyone is transformed into a cronenberg after they get theirs..

latest

New Topics

Forum List

Back