A TV station's private security guard has been arrested for fatally shooting a protestor in Denver

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
If protests are so peaceful, why would a TV station feel the need to hire a security guard?

I'm going to wait until more details come out before I decide if this shooting was murder or self defense.

This photograph allegedly shows the security guard pointing his gun at the protestor before the protester sprayed mace on him. As far as I have been able to tell, this was first act of physical aggression.

EkAWRSjXkAAjPGX

Security guard arrested after man shot dead during rival Right-wing and BLM rallies in Denver

Police arrested a suspect they said was working as a private security guard

11 October 2020

A man was shot dead in Denver, Colorado on Saturday during a protest between Left- and Right-wing groups that spilled over into violence.

The man who died is understood to have attended a "Patriot Muster" rally which was met by counter-protesters who had turned up for what they described as a “BLM-Antifa Soup Drive” - a reference to suggestions that supporters of Antifa should hurl tins of soup at their opponents.

He is the fourth person to have died in clashes between militias and left-wing protesters in recent months as fears intensified of an escalation in violence before and after next month's presidential election.

The Denver shooting took place near the courtyard of the city's art museum at 3.37 pm local time as the rival protests were winding down.

It appears to have been sparked by a verbal altercation between a man wearing a "black guns matter" t-shirt and an attendee at the patriot rally who was armed with a mace canister.

Moments later there was a second confrontation this time involving the man armed with the mace canister and armed security guard hired by the local NBC news affiliate, KUSA TV, to protect its crew.

The suspect in the shooting was named by the Denver Police Department as Matthew Dolloff, 30. He is being held in an investigation of first-degree murder.

According to photographs of the incident, the security guard, who was slapped and had mace fired at him, responded by opening fire.
He was arrested as was a news producer. The journalist was later released by police and cleared of involvement in the shooting.

If protests are so peaceful, why would a TV station feel the need to hire a security guard?

I'm going to wait until more details come out before I decide if this shooting was murder or self defense.

This photograph allegedly shows the security guard pointing his gun at the protestor before the protester sprayed mace on him. As far as I have been able to tell, this was first act of physical aggression.

EkAWRSjXkAAjPGX

Security guard arrested after man shot dead during rival Right-wing and BLM rallies in Denver

Police arrested a suspect they said was working as a private security guard

11 October 2020

A man was shot dead in Denver, Colorado on Saturday during a protest between Left- and Right-wing groups that spilled over into violence.

The man who died is understood to have attended a "Patriot Muster" rally which was met by counter-protesters who had turned up for what they described as a “BLM-Antifa Soup Drive” - a reference to suggestions that supporters of Antifa should hurl tins of soup at their opponents.

He is the fourth person to have died in clashes between militias and left-wing protesters in recent months as fears intensified of an escalation in violence before and after next month's presidential election.

The Denver shooting took place near the courtyard of the city's art museum at 3.37 pm local time as the rival protests were winding down.

It appears to have been sparked by a verbal altercation between a man wearing a "black guns matter" t-shirt and an attendee at the patriot rally who was armed with a mace canister.

Moments later there was a second confrontation this time involving the man armed with the mace canister and armed security guard hired by the local NBC news affiliate, KUSA TV, to protect its crew.

The suspect in the shooting was named by the Denver Police Department as Matthew Dolloff, 30. He is being held in an investigation of first-degree murder.

According to photographs of the incident, the security guard, who was slapped and had mace fired at him, responded by opening fire.
He was arrested as was a news producer. The journalist was later released by police and cleared of involvement in the shooting.

I see you didnt read the front page or do a search on this subject,,,,

Hmmm, this should be interesting, how will the left respond to a hired security guard making a split decision when they felt threatened?

Who am I kidding this shooting doesn't work with the left narrative so it will be mostly ignored...

Hmmm, this should be interesting, how will the left respond to a hired security guard making a split decision when they felt threatened?

Who am I kidding this shooting doesn't work with the left narrative so it will be mostly ignored...
Response is easy. Why are you afraid to wait for an answer? There is no question that he killed the man. We will leave it up to the police and courts to sort it out. Since it has been in all the news..it is hardly ignored.

What I don’t get is why you lot aren’t yelling “self defense”? This might be because you are still trying to sort out whether he was a leftist or a rightist.

Response is easy. Why are you afraid to wait for an answer? There is no question that he killed the man. We will leave it up to the police and courts to sort it out. Since it has been in all the news..it is hardly ignored.

What I don’t get is why you lot aren’t yelling “self defense”? This might be because you are still trying to sort out whether he was a leftist or a rightist.
might be because self defense doesnt even come into play on this issue,,,

and its been more than confirmed he was a leftist and you damn well know it,,,

One guy with mace gets shot by another guy with a gun...sorry not seeing the self defense angle.

might be because self defense doesnt even come into play on this issue,,,

and its been more than confirmed he was a leftist and you damn well know it,,,

Based on his social media, not strongly political, most of his posts dealt with farming. Not Antifa either. There is a whole lot of rushing to judgement based on speculation, but not much in the way of facts.

Videos and photographs from the scene appear to show the victim having a tense argument with a man before approaching a second man. In photographs, the victim appears to slap and then spray mace at the second man, who then appears to fire a gun. The apparent shooter was immediately detained.

Given the possible sequence of events, you could certainly argue self defense, I am sure his lawyer will do that.

[

One guy with mace gets shot by another guy with a gun...sorry not seeing the self defense angle.

Depends on what the shooter thought the other guy was pulling out and whether he thought he was in danger. My understanding is that mace op is horrifically painful. Courts will decide.

The fact that the killer is a security guard is in question.

On the other threads about this topic we have explained it.

Actually it is not in question. He is a security guard. He just isn’t licensed in Denver to be a security guard.

Actually it is not in question. He is a security guard. He just isn’t licensed in Denver to be a security guard.

so....according to those standards.....I am a security guard too. Right?

Are you in the employ of an agency or contractor who provides security guards?

People have to be licensed to claim what they claim they are.

This murderer in Denver is not licenced to be a security guard.

NEW: Denver Dept of Excise and Licenses confirms “there is no record for an active licensed security guard now or ever for an individual named Matthew Doloff or Dolloff. If he was operating as a security guard, he was in violation of the law”. More tonight on @CBSDenver at 10p

People have to be licensed to claim what they claim they are.

This murderer in Denver is not licenced.

It is the agencies job to make sure all it’s people legally licensed. It doesn’t mean he is not a security guard, it just means he wasn’t legally licensed to work in Denver. That will no doubt add to his difficulties.

It's my fault for not doing a better search. I'm OK with the mods merging the two threads if they want to:

Forum List

Back