A travesty

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Ok, I will openly admit that in the specific legal terms the kid was guilty. My problem is with the sentence. There is absolutely NO reason he should have received the sentence he did. AND there is absolutely no reason he should not be released now.

I am not sure about the racial part, I would need a LOT more information to make that claim. I do believe this is a matter of a prosecutor going out to do the most harm cause the kid wouldn't play ball with him. Further the State doesn't want to back down because it will make them look bad. It has nothing to do with the purpose or intent of our legal system.

There was no Justice in the original sentence.

If he had merely had sex with the girl he would have only recieved a one year sentence.

I blame the legislature for this as well as a DA that was being stupid. It is obvious the DA did what he did because the kid wouldn't play ball. The legislature could have made the point that the change also covered him, they did not.

He was guilty but the punishment does NOT fit the "crime". What is not mentioned is that the kid was involved with a bunch of gangbangers and was taking advantage during the party, they couldn't get him on the rape charge and he would not plead on the bogus charge so they burned him to get even.

A perfect example of a DA NOT doing what he was hired for.

Forum List

Back