A Touching Story

I hope some of you take a moment to read this heart-warming, bittersweet story.

Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

If I had any say in the matter, I'd want the same for my husband and I. Many many many years from now of course.

They went everywhere together.
Hope the same for you, and for us.

I know of a family where the mother died on January 26th...

a few years later, her son-in-law died on January 26th...

and several years after that her daughter, the wife of above, died...
you guessed it. January 26th.

Some of the old folks said 'He called her...."

I have seen the gravestones, three next to one another...all
with January 26th.....

Who knows.

I cried when I read it. This is the part that just got me.

" Gordon died at 3:38 p.m. holding hands with his wife as the family they built surrounded them.

"It was really strange, they were holding hands, and dad stopped breathing but I couldn't figure out what was going on because the heart monitor was still going," said Dennis Yeager. "But we were like, he isn't breathing. How does he still have a heart beat? The nurse checked and said that's because they were holding hands and it's going through them. Her heart was beating through him and picking it up."

"They were still getting her heartbeat through him," said Donna Sheets.

Maybe just maybe the staff in the ICU or the family put their hands together. Just sayin'.

I love the fact that the ICU staff allowed them to be together at the end. *

And I love the fact that their children did bury them together holding hands and that they will cremated and their ashes mingled.

72 years is just wonderous.

*especially today since I heard a news report today on my national station that hospital staff up here made an elderly woman who fell down and broke her leg call for an ambulance.

It's the most wild story. So I really appreciate this ICU staff.

Forum List

Back