A toast..............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know........whenever people are gathered together in celebration, whether it be a wedding, someone gets a promotion or a new job, in some cases wakes, and lots of times in rememberance, they tend to drink a toast to the person or the event that they are celebrating.

We take time to toast many of the changes in our lives, but one quick question............

Why is it that you never hear of people drinking a toast to God? You would think, that in our lives, we could take the time out of a day to raise a glass and say thank you to the Creator for giving us a nice place to live and friends and loved ones in our lives.

Why not take a moment next time you think about it to drink a toast to Father?

After all, it states in the Bible that "wine is a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men".

You know........whenever people are gathered together in celebration, whether it be a wedding, someone gets a promotion or a new job, in some cases wakes, and lots of times in rememberance, they tend to drink a toast to the person or the event that they are celebrating.

We take time to toast many of the changes in our lives, but one quick question............

Why is it that you never hear of people drinking a toast to God? You would think, that in our lives, we could take the time out of a day to raise a glass and say thank you to the Creator for giving us a nice place to live and friends and loved ones in our lives.

After all, it states in the Bible that "wine is a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men".

Hmm good question.

Christians partake in Communion.

So, only Christians are allowed to drink a toast to Father? Why can't the common person do it whenever they stop and think about it? Does it HAVE to be done in a church? If so, why?

It doesn't HAVE to be in a physical church. The "church" is the people anyhow, not the building. I've taken Communion by myself before in remembrance of Him.

1 Corinthians 11:25 - In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

So, only Christians are allowed to drink a toast to Father? Why can't the common person do it whenever they stop and think about it? Does it HAVE to be done in a church? If so, why?

You have a rule book I dont know about?

I thank God every day.... I dont raise a glass to him though :cuckoo:

I prefer to just pray to him and thank him personally.

We do toast G-d....

ברוך אתה ײ אלהינו מלך העולם בורא פרי הגפן

Baruch atah Adonai, Elohaynu, melech ha-olam, borei p’riy ha-gafen.

Blessed are You, Lord, our God, King of the Universe, who creates the fruit of the vine.

Kiddush

Just guessing here...

Because religions is not supposed to be about fun.

:)

:eusa_angel:

I think God would appreciate our prayers more than a toast.

Only problem is.......whenever someone is praying, they generally are asking for something, or to have some problem fixed.

When you toast someone, you don't ask anything, you just toast to them.

I think a toast may be better than a prayer. Why? I toast my friends (and we're told to make a friend in Father and Yeshua), yet I don't toast my bill collectors.

Why? They want something from me.

It doesn't HAVE to be in a physical church. The "church" is the people anyhow, not the building. I've taken Communion by myself before in remembrance of Him.

1 Corinthians 11:25 - In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

So, you don't need the building, you just need the rituals.

I don't have any wine in the house. Just a bottle of rum....and some Pepsi. I don't reckon God will mind tho, what we toast with...amirite??

I don't have any wine in the house. Just a bottle of rum....and some Pepsi. I don't reckon God will mind tho, what we toast with...amirite??

Think about this for a minute............

We're told REPEATEDLY by the Christians that we're supposed to make a friend in Yeshua and Father.

When my friends come over, whenever I offer them whatever I have, that is what we drink.

Nope, I don't think God would mind the rum. Besides, in the Heaven for sailors (Fiddler's Green), there is lots of rum AND cannabis.

God made everything.

Thus, God made beer.

I raise a toast to God Almighty, and thank Him for everything.

Joking aside, the notion of "do this in remembrance of Me" seems to suggest that we should simply remember God whenever we enjoy any of the fruits of His creation. It seems to suggest that maybe we shouldn't take anything for granted, but instead we should remember the Source of everything.

Buty, then again, I am not all that religious. So I could easily be wrong here.

Forum List

Back