A thread just for live music.

So, here is the very last live concert by Pink Floyd. This performance has Roger Waters on stage with David Gilmore.

Good find. Too bad it's so short.

Was looking at the Wall credits a few weeks ago and saw
that one of my favorite jazz guitarists - Lee Ritenour played rhythm guitar on the studio version of Comfortably Numb.

So, here is the very last live concert by Pink Floyd. This performance has Roger Waters on stage with David Gilmore.

Good find. Too bad it's so short.

Was looking at the Wall credits a few weeks ago and saw
that one of my favorite jazz guitarists - Lee Ritenour played rhythm guitar on the studio version of Comfortably Numb.

Most people don't realize just how influential Pink Floyd was to music. So many people attribute Led Zepplin, and the Zep was so very influential, but Pink Floyd has forever moved through the very soul of music influenced by Rock n Roll.

Most people don't realize just how influential Pink Floyd was to music. So many people attribute Led Zepplin, and the Zep was so very influential, but Pink Floyd has forever moved through the very soul of music influenced by Rock n Roll.
Totally agree. Led zeppelin, The Who, Rolling Stones were all much more commercially successful as far as radio play in the 70's 80's , with the exception of Money from Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, , there weren't many 'mainstream'radio hits until The Wall.

Also, from what I understand, Pink Floyd performed very well on stage whereas Who, Zeppelin and a lot of bands frankly were not always at their best live. Page screwed up all the time in concert, whereas Gilmour was always a perfectionist.

Totally agree. Led zeppelin, The Who, Rolling Stones were all much more commercially successful as far as radio play in the 70's 80's , with the exception of Money from Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, , there weren't many 'mainstream'radio hits until The Wall.

Also, from what I understand, Pink Floyd performed very well on stage whereas Who, Zeppelin and a lot of bands frankly were not always at their best live. Page screwed up all the time in concert, whereas Gilmour was always a perfectionist.
Many would say no, but I count Pink Floyd as part of the British invasion of music in the 1960's. Believe it or not, I have a single by them that sounds remarkably like the Beatles.

Of the original four members, only Waters and Mason are still alive. Wright and Barrett are gone.

It was the Darkside of the Moon (a Roger Waters vision) that catapulted them into stardom. However, I count that as the last real success of Waters and attribute the real enduring success of Pink Floyd to Gilmore, who is in my opinion, one of the greatest guitarist to have ever lived.

Here is a rare video of Pink Floyd from 1968.

They went from that ^^^^

To this........

The ending of Pink Floyd could almost be considered a tragedy.

Not counting festival concerts, I'm gonna try to name my 10 favorites.
Starting with the last one I went to with my wife ....
Metallica and Corrosion of Conformity 1998
Led Zeppelin 1977
Rush ( all 6 times) from 75 to 88
Genesis 1977
Yes 1977
Van Halen 78 and 82
Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep 1979
Johnny Winter at Central Park NY 1980
Heart 1978
Black Sabbath and Boston 1977
Santana ( 3 times )73, 82 and 87
Concerts I never got to see
Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, ELP, Iron Maiden to name a few.

I've never heard a version of this tune that I did not like. Though between the extended intro, Lisa's vocals and Keith's guitar, this performance is extra special.

Hands down, this is my fav performance of a classic Bowie tune...

David Bowie - Heroes (Live New York City)

Peace ♥

Forum List

Back