A "The Deep State" Discussion

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
John Brennan's CIA Trump Task Force
Could it become Obamagate?

There is considerable evidence that the American system of government may have been victimized by an illegal covert operation organized and executed by the U.S. intelligence and national security community. Former Director of National Intelligence Jim Clapper, former CIA Director John Brennan and former FBI Director Jim Comey appear to have played critical leadership roles in carrying out this conspiracy and they may not have operated on their own. Almost certainly what they may have done would have been explicitly authorized by the former President of the United States, Barack Obama, and his national security team.

Personally, I think the whole of DC is corrupt. Less or more is immaterial and akin to "he did it first (or worse) mommy.

There is considerable evidence that the American system of government may have been victimized by an illegal covert operation organized and executed by the U.S. intelligence and national security community. Former Director of National Intelligence Jim Clapper, former CIA Director John Brennan and former FBI Director Jim Comey appear to have played critical leadership roles in carrying out this conspiracy and they may not have operated on their own. Almost certainly what they may have done would have been explicitly authorized by the former President of the United States, Barack Obama, and his national security team.

Personally, I think the whole of DC is corrupt. Less or more is immaterial and akin to "he did it first (or worse) mommy.
Yes. I just don't want to jump to desperate conclusions like the Democrats have. Let the witnesses testify, ALL of them, and let the hearings be public and ALL questions be asked-for both hearings.

Hopefully Barr proves to be Trump's best appointment.

HE’S RIGHT: AG Bill Barr Speaks About The Damage to Our Nation From The “Resistance.” Transcript at the link.

Attorney General Barr defends Trump, assails ‘Resistance’ in fiery speech to conservative lawyers.

“‘In waging a scorched-earth, no-holds-barred war of Resistance against this administration, it is the Left that is engaged in a systematic shredding of norms and undermining the rule of law,’ Barr said in a speech to conservative lawyers at the Federalist Society’s convention in Washington.”​

Attorney General Barr Shreds The Political Left During Federalist Society Speech..

“In any age, the so-called progressives treat politics as their religion. Their holy mission is to use the coercive power of the state to remake man and society in their own image, according to an abstract ideal of perfection. Whatever means they use are therefore justified because, by definition, they are a virtuous people pursing a deific end. They are willing to use any means necessary to gain momentary advantage in achieving their end, regardless of collateral consequences and the systemic implications.​

They are deeply infected with and blinded by their self-righteousness.

Your link:

"Nevertheless, some might even argue that having a Deep State is a healthy part of American democracy, that it serves as a check or corrective element on a political system that has largely been corrupted and which no longer serves national interests.

"But that assessment surely might have been made before it became clear that many of the leaders of the nation’s intelligence and security agencies are no longer the people’s honorable servants they pretend to be.

"They have been heavily politicized since at least the time of Ronald Reagan and have frequently succumbed to the lure of wealth and power while identifying with and promoting the interests of the Deep State."

Given the US meddling in recent Russian and Ukrainian elections, I wouldn't be surprised if both countries tried to influence the outcome here in 2016.

I'm thinking that Obama has secretly declared martial law and since he legalized that the government can create false propaganda against its own citizens. That he is still in control, but doesn't want the public to know. Making sure that Pres.Trump doesn't doesn't change anything. But they gives him a little meat on the bones to make it look like he has done something. But they don't want the public to get uptight. Pres.Trump needs a prophet in the White House. To inform him on certain issues.

The term Deep State has become popular in recent times
0*-FTWZDPv50ONozy1.

Some consider it a shadow governance , some monetary influence , and of course the partisans blame that 'other party'

Myself, i consider it a symptom of an American identity crisis

~S~

I'm thinking that Obama has secretly declared martial law and since he legalized that the government can create false propaganda against its own citizens. That he is still in control, but doesn't want the public to know. Making sure that Pres.Trump doesn't doesn't change anything. But they gives him a little meat on the bones to make it look like he has done something. But they don't want the public to get uptight. Pres.Trump needs a prophet in the White House. To inform him on certain issues.

You are insane.

You are insane.

mmmmaybe....you might wanna read this>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...president-obama-states-of-emergency/16851775/

~S~

The so-called "Deep State" has been around since Eisenhower appointed Dulles to head the new CIA- it has become almost impossible to connect the dots because there are so many dots to connect. It's like a bowl of spaghetti with no beginning and no end- who's involved or running it or behind it or using it depends on who's in the WH- I'm not a JFK fan but he did threaten to expose it- we see what happened to him.
It amazes me that the citizenry defends their guy and refuses the Big Picture clues all around them. And heaven forbid anyone write an essay length dissertation that people have to actually read- they can't be bothered with taking the time- that comes across as content with things the way they are and that arguing about a politician is the answer- SMH

It amazes me that the citizenry defends their guy and refuses the Big Picture clues all around them.

Maybe because subscribing to said big pix ,is to realize your 'guy' is nothing more than a puppet to it all......

an oldie i see resurfaced>

il_794xN.1838134664_5py0.jpg

~S~

That is probably the safe bet.

For Whom the New Rules?.

“So egregious have been the ruling class’s attacks on Donald Trump, so shameless has been the sanctimony with which they have defended their biased governing rules, that the rest of us are well nigh compelled to give it a double dose of its own medicine.”
Our reigning security-crats intend to continue second-guessing discretionary judgments, removing the presumption of innocence, to continue to surveil and investigate political enemies and then, laws on classified information notwithstanding, to spread results and innuendo so as to defeat or drive them from office.

In short, they assert that they are the law, and to criticize them is to criticize the rule of law.

The Left’s cynical use of the Steele dossier as a pretend-predicate for its activities has freed one and all to ignore the heretofore sacrosanct Fourth Amendment restriction that “no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause . . . .” Unless that restriction is reinstated by prosecuting and punishing the liberals and leftists who trashed it, the Right, too, will use the powers of intelligence, turbo-charged by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, to its own advantage.

That is because unilateral adherence to law is untenably stupid.

There is no reason why President Trump, or any successor, should not appoint to FBI, CIA, or any of the nation’s sundry intelligence and law enforcement agencies, people who will make whatever “discretionary judgments” they need to come up with “predicates” for covering major opposition candidates with webs of surveillance and research into their every act and utterance; and who then will gin up campaigns of vilification that vie for virulence with the ones that Trump has suffered since 2016.

The Left wrote the playbook on using intelligence to launch attacks and on claims of national security to shield the attackers from scrutiny. Anyone may follow the playbook. One may hope only that the Right’s self-justifications might be less oily and foul than those the used on Trump.

Moreover, the Right’s investigations might actually aim at facts. That would be novel because, never forget, the “investigations” into Trump were not about unearthing facts, so much as to to validate and spread negative opinions under the color of authority.

The 2020 field of Democratic presidential candidates offers plentiful opportunities for the Right to inflict the new rules’ consequences upon their authors.

Consider: To what extent do South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s father’s extensive Communist contacts continue to influence his son? Mayor Pete grew up among ideas and persons hostile to America. These need to be identified, and questions need to be examined about whether and to what extent any continue to influence this presidential candidate.

Mayor Pete also has a history of illegal drug use. Who have his suppliers been? Tied to which cartels? What sort of leverage might they have on him? People need to be identified and examined under oath. Discrepancies in testimony need to be prosecuted. So do whatever crimes they may have committed. The anti-Trump investigations turned related persons’ “process crimes” into indictments of Trump. Democratic candidates should experience no less.

On their face, the Biden family’s financial profiting from the several offices Joe Biden has held involves the violation of numerous ordinary laws. Detailing the manner and extent to which the family’s enrichment have paralleled its access to power seems to be part of federal law enforcement’s core duties.

But arguably the foremost rule by which the ruling class has lived is avoidance of any and all matters that might inconvenience its members’ powers, prestige, and money.

So egregious have been the ruling class’s attacks on Donald Trump, so shameless has been the sanctimony with which these folks have defended their biased governing rules, that the rest of us are well nigh compelled to give it a double dose of its own medicine.

0*-FTWZDPv50ONozy1.

Some consider it a shadow governance , some monetary influence , and of course the partisans blame that 'other party'

~S~

Chris Hedges offers the Afghanistan Papers and Trump's impeachment as examples of Deep State hypocrisy spanning multiple generations and both major political parties:

The Impeachment's Moral Hypocrisy

"Trump and his supporters are not wrong in condemning the deep state—the generals, bankers, corporatists, lobbyists, intelligence chiefs, government bureaucrats and technocrats who oversee domestic and international policy no matter who is in power.

"The Afghanistan Papers, while detailing the quagmire in Afghanistan—where more than 775,000 Americans were deployed over the 18 years, more than 2,300 soldiers and Marines killed and more than 20,000 wounded—also illustrate how seamlessly the two ruling parties and the deep state work together."

0*-FTWZDPv50ONozy1.

~S~

Chris Hedges offers the Afghanistan Papers and Trump's impeachment as examples of Deep State hypocrisy spanning multiple generations and both major political parties:

The Impeachment's Moral Hypocrisy

"Trump and his supporters are not wrong in condemning the deep state—the generals, bankers, corporatists, lobbyists, intelligence chiefs, government bureaucrats and technocrats who oversee domestic and international policy no matter who is in power.

"The Afghanistan Papers, while detailing the quagmire in Afghanistan—where more than 775,000 Americans were deployed over the 18 years, more than 2,300 soldiers and Marines killed and more than 20,000 wounded—also illustrate how seamlessly the two ruling parties and the deep state work together."

I could not possibly have stated it better George....

~S~

An alternate explanation that doesn't require a deep, dark conspiracy ....

Government people really suck at their jobs. Admittedly, most people suck at their jobs, but government people don't get sacked for it.

Solitaire_on_PC_BM_3393277b.jpg

There is no Deep State

Discussion closed

$$$ motivates governance winger

those in power in our governance vote for the $$$, not for our interests

the essence of this is deep statism

where the fools who place confidence in those they voted to protect their interests betray them for their own

~S~

Forum List

Back