A Texas hospital vaccinated one of its staff members on live TV in order to show how safe it is. However, the video shows that the syringe was empty.

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
The University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas vaccinated one of its staff members on live TV in order to show how safe it is.

However, the video shows that the syringe was actually empty.

Why would they do this?

I'm happy to take the vaccine when my turn comes.

But this kind of thing is going to end up scaring people.

Texas Hospital Administers a COVID-19 Vaccine on Video. There's Just One Glaring Problem...

Texas Hospital Administers a COVID-19 Vaccine on Video. There’s Just One Glaring Problem…

By Stacey Lennox

December 17, 2020

This is rather inexcusable. The University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, decided to televise COVID-19 vaccines for staff members. I am sure the leaders’ intentions were good. Showing medical workers taking the vaccine helps to increase confidence in the process and may encourage those hesitant to receive it.

However, if you watch this video of this vaccination, the syringe is clearly empty. The black plunger is fully depressed when the person administering it correctly pulls back on it. The vaccine is an intramuscular, or “IM,” injection. When you give someone an IM injection, you pull back slightly to ensure you have not mistakenly entered a blood vessel.

According to the FDA’s Emergency Use fact sheet for the Pfizer vaccine, administrators should dilute 0.3 ml of vaccine in 1.8 ml of normal saline, then withdraw 0.3 ml of the diluted vaccine to give a dose. The syringe in the video appears to be a 1-ml syringe, which means the plunger’s black bottom should be a third of the way up when the professional makes the injection, and then the professional should back up the syringe halfway to ensure the needle does not stick in a blood vessel. The health care worker in the video clearly did not do this.

The University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas vaccinated one of its staff members on live TV in order to show how safe it is.

Why would they do this?

Texas Hospital Administers a COVID-19 Vaccine on Video. There's Just One Glaring Problem...

Texas Hospital Administers a COVID-19 Vaccine on Video. There’s Just One Glaring Problem…

By Stacey Lennox

December 17, 2020

This is rather inexcusable. The University Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, decided to televise COVID-19 vaccines for staff members. I am sure the leaders’ intentions were good. Showing medical workers taking the vaccine helps to increase confidence in the process and may encourage those hesitant to receive it.

However, if you watch this video of this vaccination, the syringe is clearly empty. The black plunger is fully depressed when the person administering it correctly pulls back on it. The vaccine is an intramuscular, or “IM,” injection. When you give someone an IM injection, you pull back slightly to ensure you have not mistakenly entered a blood vessel.

According to the FDA’s Emergency Use fact sheet for the Pfizer vaccine, administrators should dilute 0.3 ml of vaccine in 1.8 ml of normal saline, then withdraw 0.3 ml of the diluted vaccine to give a dose. The syringe in the video appears to be a 1-ml syringe, which means the plunger’s black bottom should be a third of the way up when the professional makes the injection, and then the professional should back up the syringe halfway to ensure the needle does not stick in a blood vessel. The health care worker in the video clearly did not do this.

Mayve after the election they figure people are that dumb?

doctor-facepalm.png

Why would they do this?

By Stacey Lennox

December 17, 2020

Has anybody blamed Trump yet?

Why would they do this?

By Stacey Lennox

December 17, 2020

OMG. We're going to have to take away you people's video privileges.

The first nurse gets vaccinated starting at the 7:50 mark

The syringe in the video appears to be a 1-ml syringe, which means the plunger’s black bottom should be a third of the way up when the professional makes the injection,

From the video, that's just what happened.

UMC-vaccine.jpg

Forum List

Back