A stroll down memory lane.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017

LIES, POLITICS AND DEMOCRACY​

So many awful memories. Some new info. For instance, the documentary showed how Trump made the same "rigged" allegations a decade ago when his show didn't win an Emmy. And again when Romney lost....because Don endorsed him. One striking piece of video was the part when they showed all the concession speeches by previous losing candidates for the presidency.

Anyway, I was struck by the conclusion of some of the commentators who believe it was the acquittal in the first impeachment that made Trump feel that he was above reproach. The one when this happened.........or didn't happen.

Senate rejects witnesses in Trump impeachment trial, clearing way for acquittal

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said the trial should end as soon as possible. “The cake is baked and we just need to move as soon as we can to get it behind us,” he told reporters.

That sums it up very succinctly. There was never any way Repub senators were going to consider the evidence given the complete control over the base Trump had exhibited. They saw what happened to Jeff Flake and Bob Corker. They knew their careers were over if they stood up to Trump's lawlessness.

The documentary shows in graphic detail how the Repub leadership caved to Trumpery. But only after the base allowed itself to fall in love with a reprehensible, immoral, conman with no interest in the country, the Constitution, or democracy. Ultimately, the fault lies with The Following.

tds.jpg

So many awful memories. Some new info. For instance, the documentary showed how Trump made the same "rigged" allegations a decade ago when his show didn't win an Emmy. And again when Romney lost....because Don endorsed him. One striking piece of video was the part when they showed all the concession speeches by previous losing candidates for the presidency.

Anyway, I was struck by the conclusion of some of the commentators who believe it was the acquittal in the first impeachment that made Trump feel that he was above reproach. The one when this happened.........or didn't happen.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said the trial should end as soon as possible. “The cake is baked and we just need to move as soon as we can to get it behind us,” he told reporters.

That sums it up very succinctly. There was never any way Repub senators were going to consider the evidence given the complete control over the base Trump had exhibited. They saw what happened to Jeff Flake and Bob Corker. They knew their careers were over if they stood up to Trump's lawlessness.

The documentary shows in graphic detail how the Repub leadership caved to Trumpery. But only after the base allowed itself to fall in love with a reprehensible, immoral, conman with no interest in the country, the Constitution, or democracy. Ultimately, the fault lies with The Following.
:laughing0301:

It's coincidental that you posted that picture, ubiquitous in Trumpworld. Cuz I was thinking someone would. I think I know what it means to Trumpleton's. To me it is a reflection of the anguish felt by millions over the realization fellow Americans had chosen to support a pathologically lying would be autocrat. Someone so enamored with power that he tried to hold on to it by attempting a coup.

What did Joe do yesterday that we are being directed away from? Was it the childlike behavior at the auto plant? Maybe this is left over from his Crowing over the Missing Booming Economy? hmmm?

My broker just found out when the company making the new drug for TDS is going public. I told him to buy, buy, buy.

I'm gonna get rich off of these pathetic fuckers.
Talking about getting rich off of pathetic fuckers... did you send in your donation to the "We Build the Wall" fund? How about Rump's "Buy a dress for Melania" fund?

It's coincidental that you posted that picture, ubiquitous in Trumpworld. Cuz I was thinking someone would. I think I know what it means to Trumpleton's. To me it is a reflection of the anguish felt by millions over the realization fellow Americans had chosen to support a pathologically lying would be autocrat. Someone so enamored with power that he tried to hold on to it by attempting a coup.
plus with biden...all he needs is plenty of adult diapers when his farts are a little more lethal than usual

I remember when Hillary Clinton framed Trump with her crazy Russian Collusion Conspiracy, that she paid the Russians for.
And then the FBI leaked false rumors to the Press about.
And then Barry Obama and his DOJ and his FBI used it as an excuse to spy on Trump's campaign.
And then Pelosi used it to undermine Trump's presidency for 4 years.
BTW, PBS is pure Left Wing hatemongering garbage.
Democrats are some sick SOBs.

What did Joe do yesterday that we are being directed away from? Was it the childlike behavior at the auto plant? Maybe this is left over from his Crowing over the Missing Booming Economy? hmmm?
Sorry, the reason for the post is having just watched the Frontline special. But nice try at a deflection.

Testimony was supposed to be presented IN THE HOUSE, not the Senate. The HOUSE did not make their case and voted on NOTHING.
Nothing you have written explains why there couldn't have been witness testimony if Repub senators voted to allow it. The actual reason is simple enough. They had no interest in publicly examining all the facts. It would have made their votes harder to justify so they blocked it from view.

Nothing you have written explains why there couldn't have been witness testimony if Repub senators voted to allow it. The actual reason is simple enough. They had no interest in publicly examining all the facts. It would have made their votes harder to justify so they blocked it from view.
Why didn't the House call witnesses?

Apparently, the House had no interest examining the facts BEFORE the Senate even considered it. They just voted to impeach because Orange Man Bad and nothing else. No evidence.

but that doesnt make poor old Joe any less senile and goofy

Forum List

Back