A solution to the problem of foreign (not immigrant) students.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Foreign citizens who are financially well off are sending their children to the United States to go to college and have them return to their home country afterwards. They pay full tuition and it benefits the college. However, there are concerns of intellectual property being stolen. I say we let and even encourage foreigners to send their children to the United States to attend college as long as they are not studying in fields or at a level where intellectual property is a concern. In other words, how is someone coming here to get a degree in French literature a national security concern? I simply believe the concern should apply to a tiny percentage of foreign students.

Foreign citizens who are financially well off are sending their children to the United States to go to college and have them return to their home country afterwards. They pay full tuition and it benefits the college. However, there are concerns of intellectual property being stolen. I say we let and even encourage foreigners to send their children to the United States to attend college as long as they are not studying in fields or at a level where intellectual property is a concern. In other words, how is someone coming here to get a degree in French literature a national security concern? I simply believe the concern should apply to a tiny percentage of foreign students.
If you got money, and your kid wants a degree in French Literature, they will send the kid to France.

It would be better not to train foreign students from hostile countries in any skill set which could be used to stab us in the back at a later date.

Forum List

Back