A simple economic lesson... raise capital gains to 43% will do what?

It’s been shown many times the ultra rich don’t pay anywhere near the tax rates of the non-rich. The tax code was developed over time for their benefit. Their tax accountants are very good at tax avoidance.

Time for them to pay up BIG, to make up for the decades in which they paid very little.
God, you're an idiot, Gipper! The "ultra rich" are never going to pay that tax rate! They'll put their capital into tax shelters and wait out these clueless liberals. You know who WILL bear the brunt of this foolish economic strategy? The working people of America. They are the ones who will lose jobs. If you'd taken just one economics class in college you'd know that!

What the fuck did I just say? I dont want everyone to have the exact same pay. Why are you so against people other than top managemnt of corps getting paid more? Are you a CEO and think this is going to someone affect your lifestyle?
No, but I will never begrudge a CEOs pay either. I'm not greedy like you Progressive scumbags are. And what about atheletes and the Hollywierd bunch. Are you going to decry the obscene amounts of money they make which is typically 10X the amount an average CEO makes or will you stay silent because they're YOUR people? Hypocrite much?

No, but I will never begrudge a CEOs pay either. I'm not greedy like you Progressive scumbags are. And what about atheletes and the Hollywierd bunch. Are you going to decry the obscene amounts of money they make which is typically 10X the amount an average CEO makes or will you stay silent because they're YOUR people? Hypocrite much?
The elite hollywood actors and elite pro athletes are a handful of people. I'm talking about hundreds of millions of working Americans that deserve more pay. You must have gotten that dumb talking point from the same source because there sure are a lot of you dumb fuck right wing lunatics trying to use it, and failing.

This is an American problem with extreme CEO and upper management pay. Literally no other country has the pay disparity America does.

The elite hollywood actors and elite pro athletes are a handful of people. I'm talking about hundreds of millions of working Americans that deserve more pay. You must have gotten that dumb talking point from the same source because there sure are a lot of you dumb fuck right wing lunatics trying to use it, and failing.

This is an American problem with extreme CEO and upper management pay. Literally no other country has the pay disparity America does.
Oh please. Cry me a fucking river. Workers DON'T deserve more than what was agreed to by the company. It is the CEO, upper management and owners that assume the most risk. Therefore they are the ones who should get more.

As if they dont already do that, dumbass.
No, John...THEY DON'T! People with capital INVEST it to make more capital! They will only do so however when they anticipate enough profit to make the risk of capital worthwhile! When you start removing that profit through more taxes...you remove the incentive to invest! Didn't ANY of you idiots take anything in college other than Political Science and Women's Studies?

Oh please. Cry me a fucking river. Workers DON'T deserve more than what was agreed to by the company. It is the CEO, upper management and owners that assume the most risk. Therefore they are the ones who should get more.
How are CEO's of publicly held companies assuming the most risk? They dont 100% own the company. The shareholders do.

But ok how do you square CEO pay increasing more than the increase in the stock market while the average joe workers pay has remained stagnant since the mid 1970's?

How are CEO's of publicly held companies assuming the most risk? They dont 100% own the company. The shareholders do.

But ok how do you square CEO pay increasing more than the increase in the stock market while the average joe workers pay has remained stagnant since the mid 1970's?
With all due respect, John...if you want to address CEO pay then do so. Raising taxes is not the way to fix that problem. As for wages? Who do you think is being CRUSHED by the economy that Joe Biden has given us? Wages are flat and the price of goods are inflated at rates we haven't seen in decades. What you want to do isn't going to fix that. Get that through your skull. You're posturing. You're not fixing problems!

Equitable pay does not mean everyone should get paid what the CEO get paid. I never said that nor even suggested that. If you dont know what the word equitable means, look it up dummy. It's impossible to have a nuanced conversation with ANY of you dumb pieces of shit.
What are you suggesting then? That’s really a strange post

What are you suggesting then? That’s really a strange post
LOL how is it strange? What am I suggesting? I'm suggesting that the pay disparity between the average worker and CEO be more in line with other 1st world countries. Pretty simple.

LOL how is it strange? What am I suggesting? I'm suggesting that the pay disparity between the average worker and CEO be more in line with other 1st world countries. Pretty simple.
Why? How’s it different than an actor or ball player getting millions over the administrative staff?

Why? How’s it different than an actor or ball player getting millions over the administrative staff?
Why do you right wing nut jobs bring this up every time pay disparity is brought up? Was this brought up by Tucker Carlson or somebody of that ilk because all of you must have got the memo to bring up sports players pay.

What baseball players make has nothing to do with the fact wages for the average worker have remained stagnant since the mid 1970s. Even if you raise a workers pay from $40k to $50k and say your CEO makes $10 million, you are cutting the disparity from 250x to 200x, which is quite significant. THAT is what I'm talking about by decreasing the pay disparity.

I cannot comment on the pay of a sports teams admin staff as I dont know what their pay scale is specifically.

All income should be taxed at the exact same rate, whatever percentage that is decided to be. Manual labor or Capital Gains should be the same.
Manual labor ? So, salesmen, book keepers and are exempt from income tax ?

Blah, blah, blah. Booking keeping is manual labor but you know that but felt this pressing need to say something stupid but you had nothing else.

he’s an idiot that has no clue what he’s talking about cap gains is taxed at the same level when it’s a short term investment

it’s only taxed at a lower rate when it’s a long term investment, like a retirement account or home ownership…the reason obviously is we want to encourage savings.

All income should be taxed at the exact same rate, whatever percentage that is decided to be. Manual labor or Capital Gains should be the same.
Agreed. And they should raise taxes until the budget is balanced, such that we're actually PAYING for the government we're GETTING.

Forum List

Back