A shocking truth about Ukraine: Europeans have never seen anything like that before (A Documentary

Stratford57

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2014
Kievan Rus'
French TV Channel Canal+ released the 56 minutes new documentary "Les Masques de la Revolution" (The Masks of Revolution) about 2014 Maidan events in Ukraine despite Kiev's request to take it off the air.

The film was broadcast on Monday at 10.30 p.m. local time (21:30 GMT).

The synopsis to "The Masks of Revolution" directed by Paul Moreira as posted on the Canal+ website reads that the movie presents a special investigation into the events that unfolded in Ukraine in 2014. In particular, it portrays the actions by far-right radical groups backed by the United States and the violence in the Ukrainian southern city of Odessa in May, 2014 incited by nationalists.

"Paul Moreira reveals the real faces of the Ukrainian revolution," the press review by the Telecable Sat broadcaster reads.

On Sunday, the Ukrainian Embassy in France in Paris asked Channel Canal+ not to broadcast the film as it gives the viewer "a false picture on the situation in Ukraine," in a message posted on the diplomatic mission's page on Facebook, which was later deleted. Paul Moreira is known due to his journalist investigations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
French TV Channel Releases Maidan Documentary Despite Kiev's Protest

There is a saying: to shoot your own foot. That was basically what Ukrainian Embassy did: they raised a lot of noise even before the documentary got on air and due to it made a good advertisement and provided a huge success for the documentary. It had a bombshell effect in France, spectators were shocked, nobody expected to see anything like that. Before it was aired the author was receiving threats through social media on the Internet.

About the documentary:

ā€œRevolution in Ukraine became a monster which pretty soon will turn against its creatorsā€. The author takes the masks off all the participants of Maidan revolution:

- those who directed the current Ukrainian rulers;
- those, who supported it with weapons: ā€œRight Sectorā€ and ā€œAzov Batallionā€.

The documentary also shows the Odessa tragedy and burned civiliansā€™ bodies. For the first time on French TV one could hear real definitions: Nationalists instead of ā€œfighters for European choiceā€ and militias instead of ā€œarmed unitsā€.

An activist of EuroMaidan in Odessa is talking: ā€œFrom my point of view those bastards, who wanted to pull us into the Russian World, they deserve such kind of death [to be burned alive!]. I donā€™t regret it even for a second. Too bad, many of them managed to run away and were not burnt in the House of Trade Unions in Odessaā€.

Special block of the documentary is about American politicians, which made the coup in Ukraine possible: Joe Biden, John McCain, Victoria Nuland.

---

Ukraineā€™s authorities have urged a French broadcaster to take a documentary titled ā€œMasks of Revolutionā€ off the air. They claim the movie misrepresents Maidan events, and have a list of their own suggestions for what needs to be shown.

Ukrainian embassy gave a list of suggestions about what the French broadcaster should show about 2014 Maidan events,ā€œhoping that one day these movies will be presented on Canal +ā€

The filmmaker, Paul Moreira,has responded to the accusations, saying his film wasā€œcontrary to the commonly accepted narrativeā€but the reaction still shocked him.

ā€œI knew I was going to meet a strong opposition, would be accused of playing into the hands of Putin, of using elements of propaganda. I didnā€™t expect to meet such denial, bordering on hysteriaā€¦ I was called a ā€˜terroristā€™ in the pay of the Russian secret services. [They are] urging that the film be banned.
ā€˜Wrong' Maidan: Ukraine demands that Franceā€™s Canal+ TV take hard-hitting documentary off air

Next Monday the French channel is planning to repeat the documentary once again.

(an announcement for the documentary)

(French language with possibility of adding English subtitles)

How come western democracies havenā€™t raised their voice in protest?

Most likely because these Ukrainian nationalist militias actually played a significant role in a much larger scale war. The Ukrainian revolution was strongly supported by the US diplomacy.

In the new cold war that opposes Russia to the USA, Ukraine is a decisive pawn. A tactical pawn to contain Putinā€™s ambitions.
Ukraine, masks of the revolution

French TV Channel Canal+ released the 56 minutes new documentary "Les Masques de la Revolution" (The Masks of Revolution) about 2014 Maidan events in Ukraine despite Kiev's request to take it off the air.

The film was broadcast on Monday at 10.30 p.m. local time (21:30 GMT).

The synopsis to "The Masks of Revolution" directed by Paul Moreira as posted on the Canal+ website reads that the movie presents a special investigation into the events that unfolded in Ukraine in 2014. In particular, it portrays the actions by far-right radical groups backed by the United States and the violence in the Ukrainian southern city of Odessa in May, 2014 incited by nationalists.

"Paul Moreira reveals the real faces of the Ukrainian revolution," the press review by the Telecable Sat broadcaster reads.

On Sunday, the Ukrainian Embassy in France in Paris asked Channel Canal+ not to broadcast the film as it gives the viewer "a false picture on the situation in Ukraine," in a message posted on the diplomatic mission's page on Facebook, which was later deleted. Paul Moreira is known due to his journalist investigations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
French TV Channel Releases Maidan Documentary Despite Kiev's Protest

There is a saying: to shoot your own foot. That was basically what Ukrainian Embassy did: they raised a lot of noise even before the documentary got on air and due to it made a good advertisement and provided a huge success for the documentary. It had a bombshell effect in France, spectators were shocked, nobody expected to see anything like that. Before it was aired the author was receiving threats through social media on the Internet.

About the documentary:

ā€œRevolution in Ukraine became a monster which pretty soon will turn against its creatorsā€. The author takes the masks off all the participants of Maidan revolution:

- those who directed the current Ukrainian rulers;
- those, who supported it with weapons: ā€œRight Sectorā€ and ā€œAzov Batallionā€.

The documentary also shows the Odessa tragedy and burned civiliansā€™ bodies. For the first time on French TV one could hear real definitions: Nationalists instead of ā€œfighters for European choiceā€ and militias instead of ā€œarmed unitsā€.

An activist of EuroMaidan in Odessa is talking: ā€œFrom my point of view those bastards, who wanted to pull us into the Russian World, they deserve such kind of death [to be burned alive!]. I donā€™t regret it even for a second. Too bad, many of them managed to run away and were not burnt in the House of Trade Unions in Odessaā€.

Special block of the documentary is about American politicians, which made the coup in Ukraine possible: Joe Biden, John McCain, Victoria Nuland.

---

Ukraineā€™s authorities have urged a French broadcaster to take a documentary titled ā€œMasks of Revolutionā€ off the air. They claim the movie misrepresents Maidan events, and have a list of their own suggestions for what needs to be shown.

Ukrainian embassy gave a list of suggestions about what the French broadcaster should show about 2014 Maidan events,ā€œhoping that one day these movies will be presented on Canal +ā€

The filmmaker, Paul Moreira,has responded to the accusations, saying his film wasā€œcontrary to the commonly accepted narrativeā€but the reaction still shocked him.

ā€œI knew I was going to meet a strong opposition, would be accused of playing into the hands of Putin, of using elements of propaganda. I didnā€™t expect to meet such denial, bordering on hysteriaā€¦ I was called a ā€˜terroristā€™ in the pay of the Russian secret services. [They are] urging that the film be banned.
ā€˜Wrong' Maidan: Ukraine demands that Franceā€™s Canal+ TV take hard-hitting documentary off air

Next Monday the French channel is planning to repeat the documentary once again.

(an announcement for the documentary)

(French language with possibility of adding English subtitles)

How come western democracies havenā€™t raised their voice in protest?

Most likely because these Ukrainian nationalist militias actually played a significant role in a much larger scale war. The Ukrainian revolution was strongly supported by the US diplomacy.

In the new cold war that opposes Russia to the USA, Ukraine is a decisive pawn. A tactical pawn to contain Putinā€™s ambitions.
Ukraine, masks of the revolution

For as long as that article was it could have provided a better summary or basic perspective of this conflict.

I assume one position is that those initially rebelling against a ā€œRussian installedā€ Ukraine government went too far in their opposition and uprooting of the regime. Consequently, it backfired badly?

If that is one main point then could the article have not at least suggested what they should have done instead, if anything?

Secondly, the article does not even touch on the Russianā€™s involvement, i.e. legal or illegal, just or unjust, how done, and suggestions of what to do about or what should have been done about it at that time?

It has always been difficult for us in the West to gauge this conflict and maybe that documentary will help but this article does not on its own. (imo)

For as long as that article was it could have provided a better summary or basic perspective of this conflict.

I assume one position is that those initially rebelling against a ā€œRussian installedā€ Ukraine government went too far in their opposition and uprooting of the regime. Consequently, it backfired badly?

If that is one main point then could the article have not at least suggested what they should have done instead, if anything?

Secondly, the article does not even touch on the Russianā€™s involvement, i.e. legal or illegal, just or unjust, how done, and suggestions of what to do about or what should have been done about it at that time?

It has always been difficult for us in the West to gauge this conflict and maybe that documentary will help but this article does not on its own. (imo)

1. As a resident of Ukraine I am telling you: there is no Russian involvement (which is too bad, we were counting on it), so there is not much to show you about it, dear Western reader.

2. My article was basically about the documentary (the video is in the French language, not too many people may understand it). What happened was: Paul Moreira was tired of Western propaganda about Ukraine and decided to go there himself and to have his own journalist investigation. What he has seen there was so different to what Western Media has been reporting, that's how the documentary appeared and that's why official Ukrainians were so much yelling about it. Watch the video, subscribe for the subtitles and it may reduce the amount of your questions.

3. A few days ago somebody has published another article about the conflict in Ukraine and its real reasons (sorry, it's very long too, but if you want to know the true answers it usually takes some time, doesn't it?). Here I'm posting the beginning of the article (see if you are interested):

"A senior U.S. diplomat told me recently that if Russia were to occupy all of Ukraine and even neighboring Belarus that there would be zero impact on U.S. national interests. The diplomat wasnā€™t advocating that, of course, but was noting the curious reality that Official Washingtonā€™s current war hysteria over Ukraine doesnā€™t connect to genuine security concerns.

Of course, Washingtonā€™s conventional wisdom is that America only wants ā€œdemocracyā€ for the people of Ukraine and that Russian President Vladimir Putin provoked this confrontation as part of an imperialist design to reclaim Russian territory lost during the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991. But that ā€œgroup thinkā€ doesnā€™t withstand examination. [See Consortiumnews.comā€™s ā€œWhoā€™s Telling the Big Lie on Ukraine?ā€]

The Ukraine crisis was provoked not by Putin but by a combination of the European Unionā€™s reckless move to expand its influence eastward and the machinations of U.S. neoconservatives who were angered by Putinā€™s collaboration with President Barack Obama to tamp down confrontations in Syria and Iran, two neocon targets for ā€œregime change.ā€

Further supporting the ā€œnatural gas motiveā€ is the fact that it was Vice President Joe Biden who demanded that President Yanukovych pull back his police on Feb. 21, a move that opened the way for the neo-Nazi militias and the U.S.-backed coup. Then, just three months later, Ukraineā€™s largest private gas firm, Burisma Holdings,appointed Bidenā€™s son, Hunter Biden, to its board of directors.

While that might strike some of you as a serious conflict of interest, even vocal advocates for ethics in government lost their voices amid Washingtonā€™s near-universal applause for the ouster of Yanukovych and warm affection for the coup regime in Kiev. ......."

Behind Washingtonā€™s Demonization Of Putin: Graft For Hunter Biden, Shaft For Collaboration On Iran & Syria

Last edited:

1. As a resident of Ukraine I am telling you: there is no Russian involvement, so there is not much to show you about it, dear Western reader.

2. My article was basically about the documentary (the video is in the French language, not too many people may understand it). What happened was: Paul Moreira was tired of Western propaganda about Ukraine and decided to go there himself and to have his own journalist investigation. What he has seen there was so different to what Western Media has been reporting, that's how the documentary appeared and that's why official Ukrainians were so much yelling about it. Watch the video, it may reduce the amount of your questions.

3. A few days ago somebody has published another article about the conflict in Ukraine and its real reasons (sorry, it's very long too, but if you want to know the true answers it usually takes some time, doesn't it?). Here I'm posting the beginning of the article (see if you are interested):

"A senior U.S. diplomat told me recently that if Russia were to occupy all of Ukraine and even neighboring Belarus that there would be zero impact on U.S. national interests. The diplomat wasnā€™t advocating that, of course, but was noting the curious reality that Official Washingtonā€™s current war hysteria over Ukraine doesnā€™t connect to genuine security concerns.

Of course, Washingtonā€™s conventional wisdom is that America only wants ā€œdemocracyā€ for the people of Ukraine and that Russian President Vladimir Putin provoked this confrontation as part of an imperialist design to reclaim Russian territory lost during the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991. But that ā€œgroup thinkā€ doesnā€™t withstand examination. [See Consortiumnews.comā€™s ā€œWhoā€™s Telling the Big Lie on Ukraine?ā€]

The Ukraine crisis was provoked not by Putin but by a combination of the European Unionā€™s reckless move to expand its influence eastward and the machinations of U.S. neoconservatives who were angered by Putinā€™s collaboration with President Barack Obama to tamp down confrontations in Syria and Iran, two neocon targets for ā€œregime change.ā€

Further supporting the ā€œnatural gas motiveā€ is the fact that it was Vice President Joe Biden who demanded that President Yanukovych pull back his police on Feb. 21, a move that opened the way for the neo-Nazi militias and the U.S.-backed coup. Then, just three months later, Ukraineā€™s largest private gas firm, Burisma Holdings,appointed Bidenā€™s son, Hunter Biden, to its board of directors.

While that might strike some of you as a serious conflict of interest, even vocal advocates for ethics in government lost their voices amid Washingtonā€™s near-universal applause for the ouster of Yanukovych and warm affection for the coup regime in Kiev. ......."

Behind Washingtonā€™s Demonization Of Putin: Graft For Hunter Biden, Shaft For Collaboration On Iran & Syria
I am in no position to argue your claims or the article or the documentary. But I do believe communist Russia has been an evil force since its inception both to its own people and most nations they have subjugated. I need more convincing this leopard has now changed its spots. I am very suspicious of the cozy relationship between Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church. Ukraine would be a more Christian and peaceful nation if Russia would have never dominated them for so long. IMO

I also cannot dismiss this piece of history prior to the larger conflict in the Ukraine taking place.

Donā€™t forget about Russiaā€™s invasion and occupation of Crimea
By Ilya Somin August 28, 2014

A generally insightful post by Max Fisher of Vox, argues that Russia has effectively invaded Ukraine by inserting troops into areas of eastern Ukraine where pro-Russian separatists are battling Ukrainian government troops:

Russian military forces are crossing the border into Ukraine in what is clearly a hostile invasion and act of war. That includes Russian artillery, Russian tanks, Russian-trained irregular forces, and even uniformed Russian soldiers who have admitted on camera that they are Russian military ordered to invade by their commandersā€¦.

Fisher criticizes Western governments and public opinion for refusing to clearly recognize that an invasion has occurred, and suggests that this failure may be due to the gradual and initially stealthy nature of the Russian intervention.

But Fisher does not mention the fact that Russia already invaded Ukraine in a much more blatant and obvious way months ago when it occupied and annexed Crimea. Even Vladimir Putin admits that Russian troops were involved. The fact that the occupation was preceded by a fraudulent referendum and an invitation from a pro-Russian regional government installed by force and fraud does not make it any less an invasion and occupation of another stateā€™s territory. And itā€™s an invasion that is utterly indefensible as a matter of both international law and political morality.ā€¦

Donā€™t forget about Russiaā€™s invasion and occupation of Crimea

Last edited:
Annexation of Crimea? I wonder why didnā€™t the West protest same way in 1991 about annexation of 14 republics from the USSR? The territory annexed and the population on it was a lot bigger than Crimea!!!! It only shows double standards of Western foreign policy/propaganda, my dear Western friend Turzovkaā€¦

Vladimir Putin: And what I mean is people of Crimeaā€“ 2.5 million of them. These are the people that were frightened by the coup; letā€™s be frank, they were worried by the coup dā€™Ć©tat in Ukraine. And after the coup in Kiev ā€“ and it was nothing but a coup dā€™Ć©tat, no matter how the extreme nationalist forces, the forces that were coming to power at that moment and largely stayed there, tried to sugar it up ā€“ they just began to openly threaten people. To threaten Russians and Russian-speaking people living in Ukraine and in Crimea in particular, because it was more densely populated by Russians and Russian-speaking than other parts of Ukraine.

What was our reaction? We did not make war, nor did we occupy anyone; there was no shooting, no one got killed during the events in Crimea. Not a single person! We used the Armed Forces only to stop more than 20,000 Ukrainian service members stationed there from interfering with the free expression of will by the residents of Crimea. People came to the referendum and cast their vote. They chose to be part of Russia.

Here is a question: what is democracy? Democracy is the will of the people. People voted for the life they wanted. It is not the territory and borders that I am concerned about but the fates of people.
Interview to German newspaper Bild. Part 1

VLADIMIR PUTIN:. We have thousands of contacts and thousands of connections with people who live in Ukraine. Andwe know who had meetings, and worked with people who overthrew Viktor Yanukovych, as well as when and where they did it; we know the ways the assistance was provided, we know how much they paid them, we know which territories and countries hosted trainings and how it was done, we know who the instructors were. We know everything. Well, actually, our US partners are not keeping it a secret. They openly admit to providing assistance, training people, and spending a specific amount of money on it. They are naming large sums of money: up to $5 billion; we are talking about billions of dollars here. This is why it is no longer a secret; no one is trying to argue about that.

The coup d'Ć©tat in Ukraine has led to a civil war, because, yes, let's say, many Ukrainians no longer trusted President Yanukovych. However,they should have legitimately come to the polls and voted for another head of state instead of staging a coup d'Ć©tat. And after the coup d'Ć©tat took place, some supported it, some were satisfied with it, while others were not. And those who did not like it were treated from the position of force. And that led to a civil war.
Sott Exclusive: Full unedited text of Vladimir Putin's interview with Charlie Rose: What CBS left out -- Sott.net

Russian involvement in Ukraine? How about this:
Caught in the act: German state channel accused of faking Russian soldiers in Ukraine

Paul Moreira, the author of the documentary:

"When I started this investigation on Ukraine, I was astonished to discover the degree to which the massacre in Odessa [May 2, 2014] had faded from memory. Forty five people were killed in a huge fire in the heart of a major European city in the middle of the 21stcentury. Everything was filmed by dozens of cameras and cell phones. Yet around me, no one remembered.

Forty five Ukrainians of Russian origin died in a fire inside a building [the Trades Union House in the city center of Odessa] caused by the Molotov cocktails of Ukrainian nationalist militias. After a quick investigation, I discovered that the event had not been censored. It had been addressed, discussed, but never investigated. As though too embarrassing to discuss.

Why no investigation? Probably because the victims were of Russian origin. These victims were reported as ā€œpersonsā€ but without knowing who they were, who killed them and why they were dead. ā€œPersonsā€ who were nobodies.

What happened on that May 2, 2014, in Odessa? I discovered the answer after viewing hours of video shootings, interviewing dozens of witnesses, finding victims and aggressors and comparing the stories until I pieced together facts that make sense of this fury. Important fact: I interviewed and have broadcast only direct witnesses of eventsā€“the people I saw on videosā€“ in order to filter to some extent the exaggerations and lies that arise in such a circumstance, on the side of the attackers as well as victims.

During my investigation into this massacre of little exposure, I saw the importance of Ukrainian nationalist militias. They were at the forefront of street fighting on Maidan Square (January-February 2014], and later formed battalions to fight Russian troops in the east of the country. But these battalions were merged into the army. They did not exercise the same discipline. They were able to serve as auxiliaries to the government; or become a parallel police. And, yes, in their ranks, the signs of neo-Nazi ideology were obvious.

My investigation went against the commonly accepted narrative. I knew I was going to meet strong opposition, that we would be accused of playing into the hands of Putin, to voice elements of Russian propaganda. I did not expect to meet with such huge denial, bordering on hysteria at times. On a Ukrainian website, I am called a ā€œterroristā€ in the pay of the Russian secret service. The site calls for a ban on the film. Even the Ukrainian ambassador to France pressuredCanal Plus[not to screen the film]. That is what surprises me the most."
French filmmaker Paul Moreira responds to critics of his documentary film on the Odessa Massacre of May 2, 2014 - New Cold War: Ukraine and Beyond
---
Well, so far I could only find a 15 minutes part of the movie with English subtitles (about Ukrainian nationalists, a little bit about Odessa tragedy and why Eastern Ukraine wants to be with Russia):
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Screenshot_2016-02-04-17-12-47.png

Thank you, Maggdy. I can see the movie is now unavailable in the site I've posted the other day (it was available the day I posted it), I found another site in French:

So far I could only find a 15 minutes part of the movie with English subtitles (about Ukrainian nationalists, a little bit about Odessa tragedy and why Eastern Ukraine wants to be with Russia) which is presented in my post #8.

I'm nor sure if Hillary was involved in Ukrainian coup or not (no evidence yet). USA Ambassador in Ukraine, Nuland, McCain, Biden are involved for sure and with Z evidence.

upload_2016-2-4_21-25-2.png

upload_2016-2-4_21-26-0.png

upload_2016-2-4_21-25-29.png

biden-chairs-meeting-ukraine.jpg

Last edited:

I have found a 10 minutes video: how Kiev supporters were actually burning pro-Russian protesters alive in Odessa (May 2, 2014): throwing Molotov's cocktails into the windows, shooting the ones, who were trying to jump out of the windows, etc.. The most scary pictures appear after minute 3 of the video.

There is an image of that pregnant woman, mentioned in the documentary above. BTW, no pro-Kiev "activists" were punished for that awful crime, on the contrary: the protesters, who survived, were blamed by official Kiev for "burning themselves".
upload_2016-2-5_8-47-43.png

That is what they call "Ukrainian democracy", which Western taxpayers are encouraged to support.

Last edited:
Thank you, Maggdy. I can see the movie is now unavailable in the site I've posted the other day (it was available the day I posted it), I found another site in French:

So far I could only find a 15 minutes part of the movie with English subtitles (about Ukrainian nationalists, a little bit about Odessa tragedy and why Eastern Ukraine wants to be with Russia) which is presented in my post #8.

Thanks. I talked with the Hungarians, who are citizens of Ukraine and they worked in Hungary, March 2015. The Ukrainian-Hungarian young women cried, because how to go home, if there already it is wait the summons of military to her husband. She tell stories to me, that they speak Hungarian and Ukrainian languages, but they do not understand Russian. Who understands the Russian and moved to the other side, because there is work and school, to those the government has given them a rifle to shoot own brother.
ukraine-language-map(1).png

Maggdy, I sympathize with your friend as well as with the rest of the people, trapped in Ukraine (we call it uk-Ruin now). Kiev junta ruined everything they could in just 2 years, did not create anything positive and turned the country into another Somalia. Nobody feels comfortable there any more except for nationalists and crooks....

And in spite of the fact that half or Ukraine (at least!) speaks Russian and it's their first language, the first thing Kiev junta has done after the coup in 2014 was: they changed the law about languages and made Ukrainian the only official language. Actually, Ukrainian is not much of a language, sounds more like a dialect and historically appeared as a combination of Russian and Polish languages.

- Historically Easter part of Ukraine has been a part of Russia for more that ten (!) centuries (when nobody has even heard about USA yet!). Russia was called ā€œKiev Russiaā€ and Kiev was called ā€the mother of Russian citiesā€. In 988 Prince Vladimir has started baptizing the people of Russia in the river Dnepr, city of Kiev. This mass baptism became the iconic inaugural event in the Christianization of the state of Kievan Rus'.
Christianization of Kievan Rus' - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaā€™

- In 1922 after the October revolution Lenin ā€œgaveā€œ a part of Russia (which is now Eastern Ukraine) to Ukrainian republic withing the same country of the USSR though ( to raise the percentage of proletariat in Ukrainian republic), however it was within the same country of the USSR. Later in 1954 Khrushchev ā€œgaveā€ Crimean peninsula to Ukrainian republic.
1954 transfer of Crimea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(The history of Western Ukraine is different).

- In 1992 three crooks (Yeltsyn, Kravchuk, Shushkevitch) with Washingtonā€™s blessing have separated Ukraine and Belarusā€™ from Russia and declared them separate countries. So, they have been called separate countries for 24 years (can 24 years be compared to centuries?). The people living in Eastern Ukraine (including myself) felt like their Motherland has been stolen from them and found themselves living in a foreign and not friendly country of Ukraine. However Western Ukrainians were happy. (And since then what makes Western Ukrainians happy is bad for Eastern Ukrainians and vise verse).

- Putin: Ukraine is the closest country to us. We have always said that Ukraine is our sister country and it is true.It is not just a Slavic people, it is the closest people to Russia: we have similar languages, culture, common history, religion, etc.

Here is what I believe is completely unacceptable for us. Addressing issues, including controversial ones, as well as domestic issues of the former Soviet Republicsthrough the so-called 'colour revolutions', through coups and unconstitutional means of toppling the current governments. That is absolutely unacceptable. Our partners in the United States are not trying to hide the fact that they supported those opposed to President Yanukovych.Some claimed to have spent several billion dollars.

I see the collapse of the Soviet Union as a great tragedy of the 20th century. Do you know why? First of all,because 25 million of Russian people suddenly turned out to be outside the borders of the Russian Federation. They used to live in one state; the Soviet Union has traditionally been called Russia, the Soviet Russia, and it was the 'greater Russia'.Then the Soviet Union suddenly fell apart, in fact, overnight, and it turned out that in the former Soviet Union republics there were 25 million Russians. They used to live in one country and suddenly found themselves abroad. Can you imagine how many problems came out?

First, there were everyday issues,the separation of families, the economic and social problems. The list is endless. Do you think it is normal that 25 million people, Russian people, suddenly found themselves abroad?The Russians have turned out to be the largest divided nation in the world nowadays. Is that not a problem? It is not a problem for you as it is for me.
Sott Exclusive: Full unedited text of Vladimir Putin's interview with Charlie Rose: What CBS left out -- Sott.net

Last edited:
Historically Easter part of Ukraine has been a part of Russia for more that ten (!) centuries (when nobody has even heard about USA yet!).

As usual, our Russian friends think that their parallel reality has something to do with our sinful world. In our reality the Eastern and Southern parts of contemporary Ukraine (so-called Novorossiya) became parts of the Russian Empire in the second half of 18th century.

For those who may be interested in the theme here is a link
Novorossiya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maggdy, I sympathize with your friend as well as with the rest of the people, trapped in Ukraine (we call it uk-Ruin now). Kiev junta ruined everything they could in just 2 years, did not create anything positive and turned the country into another Somalia. Nobody feels comfortable there any more except for nationalists and crooks....

And in spite of the fact that half or Ukraine (at least!) speaks Russian and it's their first language, the first thing Kiev junta has done after the coup in 2014 was: they changed the law about languages and made Ukrainian the only official language. Actually, Ukrainian is not much of a language, sounds more like a dialect and historically appeared as a combination of Russian and Polish languages.

- Historically Easter part of Ukraine has been a part of Russia for more that ten (!) centuries (when nobody has even heard about USA yet!). Russia was called ā€œKiev Russiaā€ and Kiev was called ā€the mother of Russian citiesā€. In 988 Prince Vladimir has started baptizing the people of Russia in the river Dnepr, city of Kiev. This mass baptism became the iconic inaugural event in the Christianization of the state of Kievan Rus'.

- In 1922 after the October revolution Lenin ā€œgaveā€œ a part of Russia (which is now Eastern Ukraine) to Ukrainian republic withing the same country of the USSR though ( to raise the percentage of proletariat in Ukrainian republic), however it was within the same country of the USSR. Later in 1954 Khrushchev ā€œgaveā€ Crimean peninsula to Ukrainian republic.

- In 1992 three crooks (Yeltsyn, Kravchuk, Shushkevitch) with Washingtonā€™s blessing have separated Ukraine and Belarusā€™ from Russia and declared them separate countries. So, they have been called separate countries for 24 years (can 24 years be compared to centuries?). The people living in Eastern Ukraine (including myself) felt like their Motherland has been stolen from them and found themselves living in a foreign and not friendly country of Ukraine. However Western Ukrainians were happy. (And since then what makes Western Ukrainians happy is bad for Eastern Ukrainians and vise verse).

- Putin: Ukraine is the closest country to us. We have always said that Ukraine is our sister country and it is true.It is not just a Slavic people, it is the closest people to Russia: we have similar languages, culture, common history, religion, etc.

Here is what I believe is completely unacceptable for us. Addressing issues, including controversial ones, as well as domestic issues of the former Soviet Republicsthrough the so-called 'colour revolutions', through coups and unconstitutional means of toppling the current governments. That is absolutely unacceptable. Our partners in the United States are not trying to hide the fact that they supported those opposed to President Yanukovych.Some claimed to have spent several billion dollars.

I see the collapse of the Soviet Union as a great tragedy of the 20th century. Do you know why? First of all,because 25 million of Russian people suddenly turned out to be outside the borders of the Russian Federation. They used to live in one state; the Soviet Union has traditionally been called Russia, the Soviet Russia, and it was the 'greater Russia'.Then the Soviet Union suddenly fell apart, in fact, overnight, and it turned out that in the former Soviet Union republics there were 25 million Russians. They used to live in one country and suddenly found themselves abroad. Can you imagine how many problems came out?

First, there were everyday issues,the separation of families, the economic and social problems. The list is endless. Do you think it is normal that 25 million people, Russian people, suddenly found themselves abroad?The Russians have turned out to be the largest divided nation in the world nowadays. Is that not a problem? It is not a problem for you as it is for me.

Sorry :) :) :)
Trianon1.jpg

Sorry :) :) :)View attachment 62574

Maggdy, I was talking about Eastern part of Ukraine and mentioned that the history of Western Ukraine was different. Yes, modern country of Ukraine consists of several different pieces: pieces of historical Russia, Poland, Hungary etc., artificially combined with each other like a crazy quilt.

Eastern and Western parts of Ukraine are completely different: they have different history, roots, religion, mentality and expectations for their future (Western Ukraine wants to be with Europe and Eastern Ukraine wants to be with Russia). So, from my point of view ideally Ukraine should be split among the countries mentioned above and everybody should be happy.

Last edited:

Sorry :) :) :)View attachment 62574

Maggdy, I was talking about Eastern part of Ukraine and mentioned that the history of Western Ukraine was different. Yes, modern country of Ukraine consists of several different pieces: pieces of historical Russia, Poland, Hungary etc., artificially combined with each other like a crazy quilt.

Eastern and Western parts of Ukraine are completely different: they have different history, roots, religion, mentality and expectations for their future (Western Ukraine wants to be with Europe and Eastern Ukraine wants to be with Russia). So, from my point of view ideally Ukraine should be split among the countries mentioned above and everybody should be happy.

Yes, I understand.

Ukraine wants to join the EU. It will be good for you, because according to EU laws : you free use of the native language.

Interesting fact.
One of the Ukrainian officials who was interviewed in the film, has resigned. A few days ago.
The reason - the corruption that does not allow work.

Forum List

Back