A Russian Yuri Gagarin - the 1st man in Space

Siberian

Gold Member
it was 60 years ago, April 12, 1961.

just 16 years after USSR was devastated by the WWII in which it lost 29 mln people and 1/3 of its national wealth.

plus the US captured all German pioneer scienists and technologies, US space program was fulfilled by Germans after WWII..

And still Russians left the US behind, which did not have war in their territory but instead got even fatter on military orders from USSR and Europe...

the US now is trying to rewrite History

US pupils are tought that the US won WWII, despite the fact that Soviet contribution in victory was 70-90%

another active direction of rewriting History is to equate Stalin to Hitler, despite it was the US who supported and does support Nazism and gave shelter to many WWII Nazi war criminals...

Also I doubt American schools teach that 1st satellite was Soviet and the first man in space was Russian

I wonder if American teenagers know the name of Yuri Gagarin at all...

Last edited:

just 16 years after USSR was devastated by the WWII in which it lost 29 mln people and 1/3 of its national wealth.

plus the US captured all German pioneer scienists and technologies, US space program was fulfilled by Germans after WWII..

And still Russians left the US behind, which did not have war in their territory but instead got even fatter on military orders from USSR and Europe...

US pupils are tought that the US won WWII, despite the fact that Soviet contribution in victory was 70-90%

another active direction of rewriting History is to equate Stalin to Hitler, despite it was the US who supported Nazism and later gave shelter to many WWII Nazi war criminals...

Also I doubt American schools teach that 1st satellite was Soviet and the first man in space was Russian

It really is amazing that the world went from first plane at the beginning of the century, got a man into space within 60 years, got a man on the Moon within 66 years, and in the time since then we've not really done much in terms of going further. We've just worked of making things more efficient.

• Banned

just 16 years after USSR was devastated by the WWII in which it lost 29 mln of people and 1/3 of its mational wealth.

And still Russians left the US behind, which did

another active direction of rewriting History is to equate Stalin to Hitler, despite it was the US who supported Nazism and later gave shelter to many WWII Nazi war criminals...

It really is amazing that the world went from first plane at the beginning of the century, got a man into space within 60 years, got a man on the Moon within 66 years, and in the time since then we've not really done much in terms of going further. We've just worked of making things more efficient.

and it's quite possible we will loose many technologies soon or at least there will be a big reversal in Space activity due to the Big Crash in the World economy in coming several years.

just 16 years after USSR was devastated by the WWII in which it lost 29 mln of people and 1/3 of its mational wealth.

and it's quite possible we will loose many technologies soon or at least there will be a big reversal in Space activity due to the Big Crash in the World economy in coming several years.

I'm sure you're trying to make a political point, which is pointless.

Yes, Russia developed and put a man into space. It was an event, a milestone. But that's all it is.

Eventually someone would have put someone into space. Who was first is merely an ego trip.

• Banned

Yes, Russia developed and put a man into space. It was an event, a milestone. But that's all it is.

Eventually someone would have put someone into space. Who was first is merely an ego trip.

I don't try to make a political point bigger than it is.
First of all this topic is to remind of one of the greatest moments in Human Kind History.

And as a side note - some observation of Western countries rewriting history.

another active direction of rewriting History is to equate Stalin to Hitler, despite it was the US who supported and does support Nazism and gave shelter to many WWII Nazi war criminals...

I was born in the USA-----attended US schools---kindergarten thru graduate schools. I remember when Russia sent its sputnik into space and when
Yuri Gagarin blasted off--------there were pictures of
the event on the classroom walls. -------It was "HIDDEN" ???? -----you are clueless. As to HISTORY----lots of people do not know history-----no matter how it is taught and banged into their heads-----did you pass high school geometry? Stalin murdered millions. My PUBLIC COLLEGE STATE SCHOOL history Prof. was a survivor of his UKRANIAN GENOCIDE

Last edited:
  • Banned

I was born in the USA-----attended US schools---kindergarten thru graduated schools. I remember when Russia sent its sputnik into space and when
the event on the classroom walls. -------It was "HIDDEN" ???? -----you are clueless. As to HISTORY----lots of people do not know history-----no matter how it is taught and banged into their heads-----did you pass high school geometry? Stalin murdered millions. My PUBLIC COLLEGE STATE SCHOOL history Prof. was a survivor of his UKRANIAN GENOCIDE

lol, it would be too much even for Americans to miss such a news as the 1st man in space :)

Yes, a genocide of a Georgian Stalin against Russians and Ukrainians is an awful thing, I think Georgia must be held accounted for this.. :)

but unlike Stalin, Americans deliberately exterminated local population, the very existence of this country is based on genocide. if you want to divert attention from the original topic we can discuss it.

I was born in the USA-----attended US schools---kindergarten thru graduated schools. I remember when Russia sent its sputnik into space and when

lol, it would be too much even for Americans to miss such a news as the 1st man in space :)

Yes, a genocide of a Georgian Stalin against Russians and Ukrainians is an awful thing, I think Georgia must be held accounted for this.. :)

but unlike Stalin, Americans deliberately exterminated local population, the very existence of this country is based on genocide. if you want to divert attention from the original topic we can discuss it.

changing ecology and NOVEL DISEASES devastated the
native populations of North America-----just like Bubonic plague and SYPHILIS (imported from the
Americas) devastated Europe-------it was the RUSSIAN WEATHER that defeated your pal ADOLF.
The Ukrainian genocide was -----A MASS EXTERMINATION for the glory of mother russia

First of all this topic is to remind of one of the greatest moments in Human Kind History.

Human kind or Russian kind?

Sure, people rewrite history all over, people try and control the narrative and many people on this board would struggle to have a conversation about something which is more than three miles over the US border.

That doesn't mean you pushing your narrative is any better.

Human kind or Russian kind?

Sure, people rewrite history all over, people try and control the narrative and many people on this board would struggle to have a conversation about something which is more than three miles over the US border.

That doesn't mean you pushing your narrative is any better.

lol, if course for all humans, unless you insist that for the US humanity ends at US borders.
Though, I would agree, but if you mean outer side of the US border :)

it reminds me Ukraine and some other post-Soviet republics, they teach Georgraphy using Globe of Ukraine and so on... :)

767980569_w640_h640_globus-ukrainy-diametrom.jpg

you are lying Maskal as usual , Germans were the first in the space many many years before

I was born in the USA-----attended US schools---kindergarten thru graduate schools. I remember when Russia sent its sputnik into space and when

Forum List

Back