A Republican senator proudly proclaims

An amazing degree of ignorance and/or dishonesty in the OP, and in the article on which it is based.

An Amendment adds to the Constitution. It does not rewrite it.

This statement, from the article, is just plain false, and anyone who knows anything about the Constitution and the Amendment process ought to know better.

When the Constitution is changed it's called an Amendment and the founding document is rewritten. … It was 1992 the last time the Constitution was rewritten…

Everything that was in the Constitution when it was first put into effect, every word, every letter, is still there, unaltered. This would not be true if the Constitution was,in any part, rewritten.

She is correct. The Constitution has never been rewritten.
It's only had amendments added to it. ... :cool:

I suggest you read Art. V and if you can comprehend this phrase within:

"Amendment ...shall be valid for all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified"

Last edited:
I see the left are lying again. What is this their full time job or something? Here's the facts, the left are trying to ignore and end run around the Constitution. Why? Because they can't muster the votes to amend it.

An amazing degree of ignorance and/or dishonesty in the OP, and in the article on which it is based.

This statement, from the article, is just plain false, and anyone who knows anything about the Constitution and the Amendment process ought to know better.

When the Constitution is changed it's called an Amendment and the founding document is rewritten. … It was 1992 the last time the Constitution was rewritten…

Everything that was in the Constitution when it was first put into effect, every word, every letter, is still there, unaltered. This would not be true if the Constitution was,in any part, rewritten.

LOL, read article V. And then apologize to the readers for attempting to mislead them.

To wit: "Amendments ... shall be valid for all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified"

A Republican senator proudly proclaimed that the our Constitution will never be rewritten. Somebody tell her it already has..27 times...GOP Sen. Marsha Blackburn reveals she doesn’t know what an "Amendment" is — on Constitution Day
That’s not what she said, idiot.

She said “We” won’t change it, referring to Republicans.

From your own article:

“We will never rewrite the Constitution of the United States,"

No need to rewrite the Constitution when the republicans have learned how to just ignore it altogether.

Amendments can and have changed the Constitution.

Yes, but not by rewriting anything. Only by adding to what is already written.

Consider the Eighteenth and Twenty-First Amendments. The Twenty-First Amendment overturned the Eighteenth Amendment. But it didn't rewrite anything. The Eighteenth Amendment is still there in our Constitution, and it still says exactly the same thing, in exactly the same words, as when it was first ratified. It just is no longer in effect, because the Twenty-First Amendment was added to say so.

If the way to overturn the Eighteenth Amendment was to do anything that could rationally be construed as rewriting the Constitution, then what would have been done would have been to remove it from the Constitution, or to alter (rewrite) it so that it no longer meant the same as what it meant before.

LOL, read article V. And then apologize to the readers for attempting to mislead them.

To wit: "Amendments ... shall be valid for all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified"

Nothing about that passage says anything about rewriting anything. You're either stupid, illiterate, or being willfully dishonest. My guess is, all three.

Republicans hate the first amendment, they also want to abolish all amendments after the 10th.

Trump's boy, Republican Roy Moore suggested on a radio show that getting rid of constitutional amendments after the Tenth would solve many issues. "That would eliminate many problems," Moore said after one of the hosts of the "Aroostook Watchmen" suggested it. "You know people don't understand how some of these amendments have completely tried to wreck the form of government that our forefathers intended."

Last edited:
Major fail of a thread. This OP will fall for any bullshit thrown his way.

Zero critical thinking skills.

"Amendment ...shall be valid for all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified"

I suggest you learn what "part" means son. A part does not rewrite the "whole" that degree from Chabot JC is not serving you well.

I suggest you learn what "part" means son. A part does not rewrite the "whole" that degree from Chabot JC is not serving you well.

Usually I would post this,

1600458561402.png

When someone posts a ludicrous comment such as yours above. However, this

1600458634744.png

seems to be more appropriate.

Usually I would post this,

View attachment 390258

When someone posts a ludicrous comment such as yours above. However, this

View attachment 390259

seems to be more appropriate.

I've had you pegged from day 1 boi.

Forum List

Back