A report card on the Biden administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.
Taxes may be necessary. We may need to roll back the trump bush and Reagan tax breaks.

Why hasn't Biden cured COVID yet?
Why hasn't he brought world peace on day-one?
Why hasn't he totally erased the National Debt yet?
I don't understand what's taking him so long!!!!

He's only been president for less than 8 hours, so it might be a little early for his first report card, but he hasn't grabbed anybody by the pussy or given Russians top secret information in an unannounced oval office meeting, or pissed off all our top allies, so I'll give him a little while before I start judging his presidency. He could have shook his dick at the troops from the capitol steps and still been more suitable to be president than that pig that just left.

Why hasn't Biden cured COVID yet?
Why hasn't he brought world peace on day-one?
Why hasn't he totally erased the National Debt yet?
I don't understand what's taking him so long!!!!

That's because you are an idiot. I'm sure it's why you don't understand lots of stuff.

He's only been president for less than 8 hours, so it might be a little early for his first report card, but he hasn't grabbed anybody by the pussy or given Russians top secret information in an unannounced oval office meeting, or pissed off all our top allies, so I'll give him a little while before I start judging his presidency. He could have shook his dick at the troops from the capitol steps and still been more suitable to be president than that pig that just left.

He's already gone to his knees.

Biden hit the ground running.

The Times reports, "In 17 executive orders, memorandums and proclamations signed hours after his inauguration, President Biden moved swiftly on Wednesday to dismantle Trump administration policies his aides said have caused the “greatest damage” to the nation.

"Biden’s first actions as president are sharply aimed at sweeping aside former President Donald J. Trump’s pandemic response, reversing his environmental agenda, tearing down his anti-immigration policies, bolstering the teetering economic recovery and restoring federal efforts to promote diversity.

For more on this see: Biden’s 17 Executive Orders and Other Directives in Detail

Listening today, I got the distinct impression there was no time for a weeks long Senate impeachment trial that is doomed to fail. Why in the world would anyone want to invite Trump back to effectively interfere with an overburdened Biden government? Let the courts deal with Trump, not politicians with their own agenda, nearly half of whom are loyal to Trump.

We heard the first professional press briefing in four years. We can all still recall Sean Spicer calling in the White House press corps for his first press briefing, yelling to reporters that Trump had attracted “the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration.”

Trump's press briefings went down from there. Most of the time there were none.

Pardon me, we must all think positive thoughts. Trump with his antagonism toward the press has been replaced by a President who will be open with the press. We are likely to see the return of Presidential solo press conferences. There hasn't been one in three years.

During the inauguration this morning, I could have sworn that I heard someone chuckling, far off in the distance...

laughing3.gif

He's already gone to his knees.

I had heard that Trump was on his knees crying at MaraLago, but I haven't verified that yet. I'm sure your report is accurate though. You batshit crazy trump supporters probably have better sources for trump's tantrums than i do.

He could have shook his dick at the troops from the capitol steps and still been more suitable to be president than that pig that just left.
Thank you for your honesty. That is the problem when you have a double standard based on political bias and personal hatred. Anything Biden does whether it is violating a little girl or selling out America to the Chinese is just fine and dandy with you all.

He could have shook his dick at the troops from the capitol steps and still been more suitable to be president than that pig that just left.
Thank you for your honesty. That is the problem when you have a double standard based on political bias and personal hatred. Anything Biden does whether it is violating a little girl or selling out America to the Chinese is just fine and dandy with you all.

Your silly accusations don't compare to the verified crap trump has pulled. I stand by my statement I have no expectation that Biden will, but he could do a lot of distasteful stuff and still be better suited for the job than Trump.

I stopped reading early in the first paragraph because it was enough to see the OP is full of BS. Let me guess, the entire OP is about their feelings right?

Among other things, what's occurring today contradicts what the OP calls refreshing. POST 132 has the latest, what a scam: Wow, first negative mainstream news I've read on Biden

But then perhaps 50% us know why PROGS believe what they do. It's not because they figured something out, that requires some effort for starts. It's because they are trained.

C'mon man, Biden deals with China not Russia, have you learned nothing.

C'mon man, Biden deals with China not Russia, have you learned nothing.

Most of the stuff you believe is just horse shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back