A Record number Of Americans Say They're Politically Independent

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

Gallup polling last month found that a record 49% of Americans see themselves as politically independent — the same as the two major parties put together.

52 percent of independents voted for Biden in 2020, compared to 43 percent for Trump.

One can't help but wonder how inclined independents will feel about voting for a rapist in 2024 if Trump is the GOP nominee. In fact, one has to wonder how independents will feel about voting for down ballot Republicans if the GOP chooses that rapist as their man at the top of the ballot.

One can't help but wonder how inclined independents will feel about voting for a rapist in 2024 if Trump is the GOP nominee. In fact, one has to wonder how independents will feel about voting for down ballot Republicans if the GOP chooses that rapist as their man at the top of the ballot.
Given the recent polling, I believe they are equally disinclined to vote for a president, they feel doesn't give a shit about the nation, or them, AT ALL.

I mean, that is why they are saying they are INDEPENDENTS. They don't like either party.

If you focus only on the GOP or Trump? You are missing the other half of this equation, and you missed why a record number are INDEPENDENT.

Given the recent polling, I believe they are equally disinclined to vote for a president, they feel doesn't give a shit about the nation, or them, AT ALL.

I mean, that is why they are saying they are INDEPENDENTS. They don't like either party.

If you focus only on the GOP or Trump? You are missing the other half of this equation, and you missed why a record number are INDEPENDENT.

Meh, I'm a Independent and while I'll not vote for Trump in the primary I'd vote for him in the general if he wins the nomination.

Anyone is better than leftist dems holding sway.

Beelzebub would be better than Biden or any dem.....Dems are enemies of the Republic and need to torn out root and stem.

In MA the majority of voters are registered independent (unenrolled), but the majority of those just vote by looking for the "D" and connecting the lines.

More Independents is great for this country. Elect the people who make the choices. Don't leave it to party politics.

Of course, I have said before that we should not have separate party elections or primaries. Associate with who you will, but have the voters just have basic choices of candidates, not parties.

Gallup polling last month found that a record 49% of Americans see themselves as politically independent — the same as the two major parties put together.

52 percent of independents voted for Biden in 2020, compared to 43 percent for Trump.

40252u.jpg

"Politically independent" these days usually refers to formerly hard core democrats who don't support Biden but can't bring themselves to register republican. It's bad news for democrats.

This provides a big space for an RFK and Trump. They are both viewed as outsiders by most of the public I imagine. Not ideologues.

I have just thought of what Joe Biden's campaign slogan should be if Rapist Donald is the GOP nominee in 2024.

biden-dazed-1.jpg

My fellow Ukrain-...Americans.

biden-dazed-2.jpg

We beat Donald Trump like a drum in the 2030...2013...in the last election.

17onpolitics-biden-meme-super-Jumbo.jpg

Let's Do It Again™
mic-drop.jpg

Trump will probably get the same 47% of the vote he got the last two times.

"Politically independent" these days usually refers to formerly hard core democrats who don't support Biden but can't bring themselves to register republican. It's bad news for democrats.
Cool story, bro.

He was found not guilty on that. But I guess you support the pedophile that took inappropriate showers with his daughter. Biden.

Saying it and meaning it are two different things. Most who claim to be independent still lean right or left to some degree and usually vote that way.
Yep. In 2016, independents favored Trump. In 2020, they favored Biden.

That's why I ask how much they will favor a rapist and his party in 2024.

Forum List

Back