A Reason I like John McCain

Actually I may be wrong but I don't think from other posts that I've seen that he was looking for a conservative. He does have one thing right about the economy though, control government spending and end pork barrelling.

Well if he was looking for a liberal, you'd THINK he'd be looking at the Dems. That, coupled with the fact that he was actually considering a Republican instead, while cancelling out the 2 most liberal in that field, leads me to believe he was looking for a conservative. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Who are you referring to in regards being right about controlling spending and ending pork barrelling, McCain or Taomon?

Well if he was looking for a liberal, you'd THINK he'd be looking at the Dems. That, coupled with the fact that he was actually considering a Republican instead, while cancelling out the 2 most liberal in that field, leads me to believe he was looking for a conservative. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Who are you referring to in regards being right about controlling spending and ending pork barrelling, McCain or Taomon?

MCcain

I don't think he has said he was ever considering MCcain and Romney.

Oh come on, you really think McCain will do something to control spending? Keep in mind, he can lean left of center, has colluded with some of the most liberal in congress, and this IS an election season with the Oval Office on the line for him.

His record isn't exactly pretty, either.

The Republicans in congress are fiscally liberal anymore, and obviously the Dems are. I see him wasting just as much money as Bush has.

I don't think he has said he was ever considering MCcain and Romney.

Neither did I. I said he was considering a Republican, which was based on what he said himself about deciding not to vote for McCain after a debate.

Well except Presidents do not control the purse strings, never have and probably never will.

The president has the final say. Bush didn't veto a single spending bill from the Repub congress in 6 years of their control. I see McCain doing exactly the same thing, especially considering his known friendliness with liberal dems.

The president has the final say. Bush didn't veto a single spending bill from the Repub congress in 6 years of their control. I see McCain doing exactly the same thing, especially considering his known friendliness with liberal dems.

No the President does NOT have the final say, Congress does. Or have you forgotten the override of a veto power Congress has?

The President does not make bills, including money bills. He does not Vote on them. All he can do is sign them or veto them, which then Congress can override. The final word rests with Congress. Always has and probably always will.

I guess MCcain's billions of dollars in earmarks makes you think he is for wasteful spending right, oh wait he hasn't sponsored any earmarks. He has made a career out of ending wasteful spending, I don't even think you will find alot of libs stating anything to the contrary.

I guess MCcain's billions of dollars in earmarks makes you think he is for wasteful spending right, oh wait he hasn't sponsored any earmarks. He has made a career out of ending wasteful spending, I don't even think you will find alot of libs stating anything to the contrary.

Wow, no pork. He's well on his way to conservative stardom!

I'm sorry, but if that's the best you can do regarding fiscal conservatism than you suck in my book. What's the point of controlling pork, when you're still printing and borrowing to pay for everything ELSE that you are too politically afraid to control?

I realize that there are a LOT of Republicans trying to find a way to feel ok with themselves for deciding to vote for McCain, but if you're only doing it to keep a liberal Dem out, then what are you really accomplishing? Electing a liberal Repub instead? Isn't enough ENOUGH yet as far as fiscal irresponsibilty goes?

I'm sorry, but if that's the best you can do regarding fiscal conservatism than you suck in my book. What's the point of controlling pork, when you're still printing and borrowing to pay for everything ELSE that you are too politically afraid to control?

I realize that there are a LOT of Republicans trying to find a way to feel ok with themselves for deciding to vote for McCain, but if you're only doing it to keep a liberal Dem out, then what are you really accomplishing? Electing a liberal Repub instead? Isn't enough ENOUGH yet as far as fiscal irresponsibilty goes?

In what ways has he been fiscally irresponsible as a whole?

It's pretty easy to see why many liberals would like McCain.

And why would that be? Humor me.

(Nevermind. Campaign Finance Reform and immigration are the only things you will talk about. Let's just forget about the other 97% of what he has done.)

When WASN'T an interview of those 2 taking place...

When DIDN'T he answer vaguely about the economy...

It's not so much him being an asshole as it is him being quite liberal in MA.

I'm assuming you were looking for a conservative to vote for, and you did well to not choose either of those 2.

Ok, you just said, McCain is not a conservative. Prove your case. I want evidence, not opinion. If you are going to make ignorant assumptions, then back them up wth "FACT."

I'll get you started. Here is a lnk that can try to refute.

http://www.ontheissues.org/john_mccain.htm

(Nevermind, you'll just dodge the original challenge.)

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/John_McCain_Budget_+_Economy.htm

Looks like he has spoken to everything you just said. In a conservative manner. Goldwater once said that those in party would come to refer to him as liberal. Guess McCain has suffered the same fate. After all they were good friends.

I think no pork is great, and while it might not alone right our economy, you have to start somewhere. I'm a big proponent of one-on-one legislation (nothing hidden).

Fiscal irresponsibility is not solely the President's fault. It is endemic in the current form of the US government. Tit-for-tat politics .... attach what I want to what you want, To get what you want, you have to give me mine. It's absurdly out of control.

Let's reverse your logic. You would rather not vote than put someone in office to keep the greater evil out? I'd say you are looking at the issue with blinders on. All you accomplish by doing so is allow the greater evil to screw you over for 4 years. You aren't proving anything. You're just giving the political opposition what they want.

I don't see that as a solution.

So what is wrong with the Council on Foreign Relations?

their an evil organization.The group of people that are the ones that control world events that happen.They are the likes of The Rockefellers,Henry Kissinger and other extremely evil and corrupted men and women.They are a group of people whos mindset is the people of the world who are not rich powerful and corrupted,if your not like that,then you are the enemy.If your not like that,you cant become a member of the CFR.they are very careful on who they let join their organization.The Clintons,The Bushs,MCcain,and Obama are all members.Obama just became one recently like within the last year or so.Thats why Ron Paul has got to get elected or were screwed.Paul is not a member of the CRF and does not agree at all with the way that organization is run.Thats why you see very little media coverage on paul cause they dont want him in there.

CFR Quotes
"The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is the American Branch of a society which originated in England... (and) ...believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established."
- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton

CFR Quotes
"Once the ruling members of the CFR shadow government have decided that the U.S. Government should adopt a particular policy, the very substantial research facilities of (the) CFR are put to work to develop arguments, intellectual and emotional, to support the new policy, and to confound and discredit, intellectually and politically, any opposition."
- Admiral Chester Ward, former CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy

CFR Quotes
"The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations is promoting the disarmament of U.S. sovereignty and national independence and submergence into an all powerful, one world government."

The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses... This little coterie...run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen...seizes...our executive officers...legislative bodies...schools...
courts...newspapers and every agency ceated for the public protection.”

N.Y. Mayor, John Hylan

The CFR and the American News/Media
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPAQlbmlSc[/ame]

CFR Quotes
"The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is the American Branch of a society which originated in England... (and) ...believes national boundaries should be obliterated and one-world rule established."
- Carroll Quigley, member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton

CFR Quotes
"Once the ruling members of the CFR shadow government have decided that the U.S. Government should adopt a particular policy, the very substantial research facilities of (the) CFR are put to work to develop arguments, intellectual and emotional, to support the new policy, and to confound and discredit, intellectually and politically, any opposition."
- Admiral Chester Ward, former CFR member and Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Navy

CFR Quotes
"The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations is promoting the disarmament of U.S. sovereignty and national independence and submergence into an all powerful, one world government."

The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses... This little coterie...run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen...seizes...our executive officers...legislative bodies...schools...
courts...newspapers and every agency ceated for the public protection.”

N.Y. Mayor, John Hylan

The CFR and the American News/Media
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPAQlbmlSc

:rofl: :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back