A really bad business model

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
I’ll be surprised if the Board of Directors for Yahoo, AOL, and Verizon don’t fire their respective CEO’s (and yes - even as a parent company - each business unit likely has their own board of directors and CEO’s). And if that doesn’t happen, I’ll be surprised if Yahoo! or AOL are still in business a year from now (Verizon, being a little more powerful, can absorb a hit they are likely to take from this idiotic new policy).

It takes one serious blindspot by leadership not to understand the deep desire Americans have for privacy.

Hundreds of millions impacted by new Yahoo, AOL, privacy policies that collect emails, texts, photos

I’ll be surprised if the Board of Directors for Yahoo, AOL, and Verizon don’t fire their respective CEO’s (and yes - even as a parent company - each business unit likely has their own board of directors and CEO’s). And if that doesn’t happen, I’ll be surprised if Yahoo! or AOL are still in business a year from now (Verizon, being a little more powerful, can absorb a hit they are likely to take from this idiotic new policy).

It takes one serious blindspot by leadership not to understand the deep desire Americans have for privacy.

Hundreds of millions impacted by new Yahoo, AOL, privacy policies that collect emails, texts, photos

To be fair, most Americans don't know or care about how much of their privacy is compromised by using social media. Betting on the lethargy or stupidity of your client base has always been a good business strategy.

To be fair, most Americans don't know or care about how much of their privacy is compromised by using social media. Betting on the lethargy or stupidity of your client base has always been a good business strategy.

And most businesses frown on paper mail from now on.

The best enterprise would now be to sell shared time on all these spy tools to individuals.

Did the GOP congress or Trump stop the bill that renewed the NSA's right to dismiss citizens' privacy?

We gave up our privacy when Dubya era republicans let terrorists win by passing the Patriot Act. Trump and the GOP-led legislature renewed the NSA's ability to dismiss our privacy last year.

We gave up our privacy when Dubya era republicans let terrorists win by passing the Patriot Act.
Ohhhh...you mean the act that Barack Insane Obama drastically expanded after campaigning on shutting it down?

Yea - the American people and the U.S. Constitution really took it on the chin on that one. But....they always do when the Dumbocrats are in office.

We gave up our privacy when Dubya era republicans let terrorists win by passing the Patriot Act.
Ohhhh...you mean the act that Barack Insane Obama drastically expanded after campaigning on shutting it down?

Yea - the American people and the U.S. Constitution really took it on the chin on that one. But....they always do when the Dumbocrats are in office.

They want an all controlling centralized government like the ones in Western Europe. And the average idiot cheers for it after promises of more handouts.

Forum List

Back