A real Democracy, in name only apparently

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Why did you come to this studio, why not to Gaza, or Ramallah? Why are you even here?” asked Mr. Lieberman, who frequently calls Israel’s Arab citizens traitors and suggests that their towns be transferred to Palestinian control. “You are not wanted here; you are a Palestinian citizen.”

The politician, Ayman Odeh, the leader of an alliance of Arab parties formed to contest Israeli elections on Tuesday, appeared unruffled.

“I am very welcome in my homeland,” he said, a subtle dig at Mr. Lieberman, an immigrant from the former Soviet republic of Moldova. “I am part of the nature, the surroundings, the landscape,” he said in Arabic-accented Hebrew.

It was Mr. Lieberman himself who inadvertently helped set in motion a political awakening of Arabs in Israel this election year. Legislation he championed to raise the percentage of votes required to enter Parliament threatened the survival of four small Arab parties, so they decided to unite after years of refusing to do so.

The move has energized many of Israel’s 1.7 million Arab citizens, whose participation rate in elections had been declining as the parties they supported drifted under fractured leadership and hostile right-wing governments.

Mr. Odeh has changed the tone of Arab politics with a vow to work with Jewish allies to achieve equality for his community. Arab citizens of Israel have long lagged Israeli Jews in education, employment in Civil Service jobs, access to transportation and land allocations. His position is a striking change from incumbent lawmakers like Haneen Zoabi, whose strident Palestinian nationalism has alienated

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/16/w...b-alliance-rises-as-force-in-israel-vote.html

So all Muslims are like the leader of IS then and want to mass murder everyone on the planet who does not act like a rabid islamist ?

Forum List

Back