A Quote that All Politicians Should Take to Heart

C-101

Old School Conservative
Apr 10, 2009
N. Korea
I stumbled across this quote one day and thought it was simply superb.

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."

Alexander Hamilton

Once again, this reinforces the fact that the Constitution does not grant rights, but protects those rights which are inherent in mankind.

It restricts the power of government, not the individual.

And while hope seems a foolish thing these days, I do sincerely hope that someone will take a hold of this message and run for office.

Best of luck to those who rise to the occasion!

I agree that is superb. If we just made are politicians run there campaigns on public funds it diffidently take big business out of the equation. Furthermore as long as we continue to fund campaigns privately we will never have the political muscle that the constitution intended for people of the united states.

It's a shame that Hamilton didn't truly believe that, as evidenced by his opinion of the Constitution after it was ratified which was wholly different from his opinion of the Constitution before it was ratified.

It's a shame that Hamilton didn't truly believe that, as evidenced by his opinion of the Constitution after it was ratified which was wholly different from his opinion of the Constitution before it was ratified.
True.

I was surprised to learn that Hamilton said that.

It sounds more like something John Adams would say.

True.

I don't know about that. Adams signed the Alien & Sedition Acts as President, so his respect for natural rights wasn't much better than Hamilton's. Though I would say Adams was generally better than Hamilton on the issue.

True.

I don't know about that. Adams signed the Alien & Sedition Acts as President, so his respect for natural rights wasn't much better than Hamilton's. Though I would say Adams was generally better than Hamilton on the issue.
Obviously, you're correct, but as you just proved in your original post folks often times say one thing and believe in another.

Adams was fond of making statements about the rights of man and the connection of those rights to Divinity.

Whether or not he truly believed everything he said is another question.:)

New Topics

Forum List

Back