A question for women who aborted a child in their life.

Sanger was PRIMARILY an abortion rights person---she expressed lots of really racist views. Her racist views
badly diluted her actual quest----which "at heart"
was "a woman's right to choose"
Wrong. Sanger was, primarily, a racist. Her chosen tool to eliminate the power and influence of the black race was to keep their population down through abortion - get them to kill their own babies.

wrong----in FACT one could argue that she was an
"IRISH HATER" ------try to learn factual history. Sanger was a child of a very large and poor IRISH Catholic family. She understood the misery of poverty related to TOO MANY KIDS. There are Catholics who are even more bitter towards her than whoever it is is who taught you that she hated "the black race" She DID describe the misery and ignorance of TOO LARGE black families in very broad terms-----but that chick was INTO very broad terms.
My grandmother----born 1899 (when Margaret Sanger was 20) had two back alley abortions in the
1920s. She did not do so because she was genocidal
against jews. She had been a child in a very poor
jewish immigrant family. She was no anti-abortion
either

Sanger was PRIMARILY an abortion rights person---she expressed lots of really racist views. Her racist views
badly diluted her actual quest----which "at heart"
was "a woman's right to choose"
Wrong. Sanger was, primarily, a racist. Her chosen tool to eliminate the power and influence of the black race was to keep their population down through abortion - get them to kill their own babies.

wrong----in FACT one could argue that she was an
"IRISH HATER" ------try to learn factual history. Sanger was a child of a very large and poor IRISH Catholic family. She understood the misery of poverty related to TOO MANY KIDS. There are Catholics who are even more bitter towards her than whoever it is is who taught you that she hated "the black race" She DID describe the misery and ignorance of TOO LARGE black families in very broad terms-----but that chick was INTO very broad terms.
My grandmother----born 1899 (when Margaret Sanger was 20) had two back alley abortions in the
1920s. She did not do so because she was genocidal
against jews. She had been a child in a very poor
jewish immigrant family. She was no anti-abortion
either
Thaznk for sharing that.

Are you seriously stating that abortion wasn't around in Sanger's time?

Not legal abortion, hence Sanger couldn't recommend abortion. Only illegal abortion was around. It was extremely dangerous for the woman, so Sanger was against it.

And yet you're claiming Sanger promoted abortion. Curious.

---
In a very real sense, Planned Parenthood was founded to combat abortion. When Sanger opened the doors to her first birth control clinic in 1916, she distributed flyers which read: "Mothers, Do not kill, do not take life, but prevent." Though actual figures were nonexistent, Sanger was convinced that huge numbers of clandestine abortions were taking place in America. She attributed this to a lack of contraceptive knowledge among working-class women. “A few simple words of advice,” Sanger maintained, “would avoid the horrible slaughter of abortion going on in this country today.”
---

You're a fucking liar. She started Planned Parenthood specifically to provide abortion services - but abortion was around for thousands of years before her time.

Even pro-lifers say you're just making shit up.

And I thought I was having a debate with someone who was passionate about an opposite set of ideas than me. Now I know you're just stupid.

This isn't a debate. You are demonstrably wrong about Sanger.

Now we get to see what you're made of. Will you rage at me for being correct again, or will you admit to your error?

Not legal abortion, hence Sanger couldn't recommend abortion. Only illegal abortion was around. It was extremely dangerous for the woman, so Sanger was against it.

---
In a very real sense, Planned Parenthood was founded to combat abortion. When Sanger opened the doors to her first birth control clinic in 1916, she distributed flyers which read: "Mothers, Do not kill, do not take life, but prevent." Though actual figures were nonexistent, Sanger was convinced that huge numbers of clandestine abortions were taking place in America. She attributed this to a lack of contraceptive knowledge among working-class women. “A few simple words of advice,” Sanger maintained, “would avoid the horrible slaughter of abortion going on in this country today.”
---

You're a fucking liar. She started Planned Parenthood specifically to provide abortion services - but abortion was around for thousands of years before her time.

And I thought I was having a debate with someone who was passionate about an opposite set of ideas than me. Now I know you're just stupid.

Now we get to see what you're made of. Will you rage at me for being correct again, or will you admit to your error?

Very interesting. I've never heard this information about her. I did some verification and, basically, it's true. I'll say that, as you or someone else pointed out, Hitler was against abortion of Aryans - but not thers.

Sanger spoke against abortion (not the same thing as being against it) but accepted it as the next best choice for eliminating undesirable babies. She preferred birth control. Maybe that's even more sad that Planned Parenthood has become all about abortion. Either she should hate Planned Parenthood for performing abortions or Planned Parenthood should hate her for being against it.

Still she was a racist, and a eugenicist. She felt like it was the job of the elites to prevent reproduction of those she thought were her lessers.

But when she suggests that a government permit should be required to have a baby, just how was she planning on enforcing that when a woman without a permit got pregnant, if not abortion?

By speaking against abortion, was she just giving cover? She even likely believed it was bad but she certainly supported it over birth among the lower classes. So, it seems she was like many of the pro-abortionists on this forum: abortion for thee but not for me.

---
---

there is no evidence WHATSOEVER that Sanger was
"anti-abortion" ------keep in mind PLANNED PARENTHOOD is also "ANTI-ILLEGAL ABORTION"---
they fought to make it legal

Cutting to the chase ...

7. An Ovum is a haploid reproductive CELL. True or False?

True.

And it's also an organism, as it can grow and reproduce. All it needs is a sperm cell and other factors. As proof of that, I point to how I can trace my development back to an ovum. That ovum indisputably developed into me, therefore an ovum can grow and develop, therefore it is a human organism.

Can I get you to answer the other questions too, before I respond to this?

mamooth

Yes? No? Maybe?

Paging mamooth

What if that abortion was the result of a rape or incest? Seems to change the discussion, now doesn't it?

What if abortion were limited only to women who had filed a legitimate rape report with the local police immediately after the crime? Wouldn't that be consistent with Roe V. Wade where Norma McCorvey perjured her testimony that she had been raped? Now what's your story?

Paging mamooth

Nope. No more question games. If you've got a point, state it clearly and support it. If you can't, that only makes you look bad.

My point is that your standards are entirely subjective, hence you have no moral grounds for demanding that everyone else adhere to them.

Forum List

Back