A professionals look at the mindset

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
So I'm watching a crime documentary and this is what an expert says word-for-word (I allowed voice dictation to record it so that I couldn't make a mistake...
The key personality trait of Manfred is narcissism. And from narcissism springs entitlement. And from entitlement springs sociopathic behavior.
Does that not perfectly describe the mindset of the left? Think about it carefully for a moment. There is a deep feeling of entitlement. Society owes them (healthcare, housing, transportation, education, etc.). And look what happens when any of that is either denied or there is a fear that it will be denied. Since the Trump train phenomen started gaining steam, the left has taken to the streets to assault, intimidate, destroy property, and wreak havoc.

From narcissism springs entitlement. And from entitlement springs sociopathic behavior.

Narcissism is a personal trait, Dumbass. You don't apply personal (which means singular) mental conditions to entire blocs of diverse peopel.

Here's the DSM-5 for NPD (meaning five of these symptoms must be present for diagnosis):

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
---- that remind you of any one person? Hm?​

Note that this video was made before the Giant Orange Cheeto announced --- yet there he is used as a go-to example (1:31) :rofl:

Now the next psychological test we need is for the self-delusional who can't (read: "won't") see what's screamingly obvious.

Narcissism is a personal trait, Dumbass. You don't apply personal (which means singular) mental conditions to entire blocs of diverse peopel.

Here's the DSM-5 for NPD (meaning five of these symptoms must be present for diagnosis):

• Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Yes, you.

So I'm watching a crime documentary and this is what an expert says word-for-word (I allowed voice dictation to record it so that I couldn't make a mistake...
The key personality trait of Manfred is narcissism. And from narcissism springs entitlement. And from entitlement springs sociopathic behavior.
Does that not perfectly describe the mindset of the left? Think about it carefully for a moment. There is a deep feeling of entitlement. Society owes them (healthcare, housing, transportation, education, etc.). And look what happens when any of that is either denied or there is a fear that it will be denied. Since the Trump train phenomen started gaining steam, the left has taken to the streets to assault, intimidate, destroy property, and wreak havoc.

From narcissism springs entitlement. And from entitlement springs sociopathic behavior.
Funny, I thought the quote more accurately described Trump :p Per your observations, I think it can apply to some on the Left, if you are talking about the poor, elderly, disabled or oppressed, then yes there are probably some in the that group that feel entitled to their benefits because they feel oppressed by society. The Left as a whole is a different story. Those on the Left that are wealthy or even middle class tax payers and still fight for programs to help the poor... that comes from a sense of community and wanting to contribute to the greater good... to help those who are less fortunate. These are people that work hard and happily give a portion of their earnings to this great country.

So who exactly are you targeting by your post, those who are poor and receiving entitlements or those who earn and contribute to the entitlements willfully?

The Left as a whole is a different story. Those on the Left that are wealthy or even middle class tax payers and still fight for programs to help the poor.
Well if they are "wealthy or even middle class", they can help the poor themselves. Why don't they? Too greedy? Too selfish? Too lazy? :dunno:

---- that remind you of any one person?​
Yes...you. And every other lazy, greedy, entitled progressive I ever met (with the rare exception of course).

It makes no sense to apply psychological attributes to political groups. This is a worn out tactic that serves only to alienate and divide.

What divides political groups is tax policy pure and simple. Tagging people as mentally or emotionally driven serves to boil politics down to faith or beliefs.

When we disagree on taxes, we are being pure political adversaries. When we try to call the other emotionally or mentally ill, we make it easier to demonize. And when our political adversaries are demons, we fail our system.

The Left as a whole is a different story. Those on the Left that are wealthy or even middle class tax payers and still fight for programs to help the poor.
Well if they are "wealthy or even middle class", they can help the poor themselves. Why don't they? Too greedy? Too selfish? Too lazy? :dunno:
They do... Charitable contributions and through taxation. You aren't advocating for zero taxes and the elimination of governments are you? I don't think you are an anarchist. I assume you do believe in a role for government and taxation to fund it. The argument is about how much is collected and where the money goes. Our system would never work if everybody got to pick and choose what they pay taxes for and not. Thats why we have elections.

Yes! As a matter of fact it does! There's this poster on USMB called Pogo..fits him to a T!

You aren't advocating for zero taxes and the elimination of governments are you? I don't think you are an anarchist. I assume you do believe in a role for government and taxation to fund it.
No - I am not advocating for that at all. I am not an anarchist. I'm a constitutional conservative and all I'm advocating for is constitutional government. Which means no social programs at all (at least not at the federal level). Socials needs are supposed to be met through charity - not government.

What divides political groups is tax policy pure and simple.
Really? So when the left tries to outlaw my firearms, that is a "tax policy"? :uhh:
If the majority of Americans want to change the constitution to outlaw guns then that is their right to try and do. Same thing happened for slavery and women's rights... I don't see that ever happening with the second amendment though

You aren't advocating for zero taxes and the elimination of governments are you? I don't think you are an anarchist. I assume you do believe in a role for government and taxation to fund it.
No - I am not advocating for that at all. I am not an anarchist. I'm a constitutional conservative and all I'm advocating for is constitutional government. Which means no social programs at all (at least not at the federal level). Socials needs are supposed to be met through charity - not government.

U talking taking food stamps away? :eek:

Somebody's not going to like that. Lady in front of me today @ Wally World paid with EBT. She had a crapton of stuff, too. I had $23 worth. Two adult kids in tow, too, I think.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back