A potential model for a real physical warp drive

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A pair of researchers at Applied Physics has created what they describe as the first general model for a warp drive, a model for a space craft that could travel faster than the speed of light, without actually breaking the laws of physics. Alexey Bobrick, and Gianni Martire have written a paper describing their ideas for a warp drive and have published it in IOP's Classical and Quantum Gravity.

Shoot yeah! Now all I need is the transporter and the ship and I'm set.

A pair of researchers at Applied Physics has created what they describe as the first general model for a warp drive, a model for a space craft that could travel faster than the speed of light, without actually breaking the laws of physics. Alexey Bobrick, and Gianni Martire have written a paper describing their ideas for a warp drive and have published it in IOP's Classical and Quantum Gravity.

And all the energy of the entire Universe.

a model for a space craft that could travel faster than the speed of light, without actually breaking the laws of physics.

That's good to know. I would hate to have to go to physics court for breaking a law of physics. I wonder how much the speeding ticket would be for going faster than the speed of light if breaking the laws of physics.

a model for a space craft that could travel faster than the speed of light, without actually breaking the laws of physics.

That's good to know. I would hate to have to go to physics court for breaking a law of physics. I wonder how much the speeding ticket would be for going faster than the speed of light if breaking the laws of physics.

If you do, make sure you are in either Montana or Nevada.

Going faster than the speed of light, I could be in both.

You can’t go faster than light unless you can harass the power of a huge azz star to create a worm hole

Even half the speed of light would require energy that Is insane
Nuclear fusion will have to be invented

You can’t go faster than light unless you can harass the power of a huge azz star to create a worm hole

Or piss off my Ex Wife during a divorce. You can watch your possession disappear that the speed of light.

I am more into natural sciences and I will leave the astrophysics to others

Don't think they figured out humans traveling in such a thing...the whole friction and collapsing in on itself has to be worked out etc...
This is what a human traveling in such a thing would look like-
download-82.jpg

Remember this is what people looked like in old rocket g-force tests....
images-62.jpg

Last edited:
1617477259664.png

I think we'll do it by discovering that some concepts we have are totally wrong and there's something we're overlooking that will one day hit someone in the head, like an apple, setting off a whole new scientific revolution.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

In conclusion, the article finds:
Because of the implied difficulties, a warp drive created from the model developed by the researchers could not be built today, but it does suggest that someday it might be possible.
Wow, what a high bar. May I suggest that someday it might be possible for blue monkeys to fly out of stinky crevices!

I'd go with the warped space idea and creating a wormhole. Forget the FTL idea. It's possible if they did create a warp bubble.

New Topics

Forum List

Back