A possible argument against the Cancel Culture.

Interesting discussion on everything rather then my OP.

But Internet is what it is -- very easy to lose track.

What are they cancelling except racist and other bigoted speech?
Any opposition to the looney left wing agenda.
Any possibility you could give me a concrete example?

Here's a good example,

Any politician,CEO or prominent figure that would say something like " I don't want my kids growing up in a racial jungle" .
I think we all, both right and left, can agree this type of blatant racism has no place in America and should be canceled immediately. Agree Old Lady?
So it's only wrong if it's a lefty, right? I just want to make sure I've got your idea straight. Racist remarks are okay if a conservative said them and should be left alone, that's just culture, but not if it's a Democrat.

Here's a good example,

Any politician,CEO or prominent figure that would say something like " I don't want my kids growing up in a racial jungle" .
I think we all, both right and left, can agree this type of blatant racism has no place in America and should be canceled immediately. Agree Old Lady?
So it's only wrong if it's a lefty, right? I just want to make sure I've got your idea straight. Racist remarks are okay if a conservative said them and should be left alone, that's just culture, but not if it's a Democrat.

Just have enough self respect to answer the question honestly.

Here's a good example,

I did.
Really? What an ignorant statement.

Racist and bigoted speech is subjective.

It was a question. See the question mark?
So you were serious? You don't watch the news? You didn't hear about Gina Carano or Chris Harrison?
No.
How is that remotely possible?
Okay, someone just told me about acarano, but who is Chris Harrison.
Most of the canceled are not for racist or bigoted remarks. That is the rub.
So what are they cancelling, then?
Virtually anything that may be taken the wrong way if you try really, really hard to misinterpret it.

But you knew that already.

Or something you said when you were a moronic 21 year old a decade ago. Moronic things we all have said.

For the most part, cancel culture picks a target then FINDS something to cancel them over.
I don't agree with cancel culture as a general rule, so all you folks are really preaching to the choir here. But I think the news you're reading about it is slanted to make it sound a lot more unfair than it actually is. A lot of it is the same sort of sour grapes we hear here when a poster's thread gets poofed. And usually we're hearing less than half the story.

But yeah, i've seen uproars over stuff that honestly made me scratch my head.

I was curious what else is getting cancelled other than bigotry. You say the whole conservative party. CPAC did quite well, though, didn't it? Fox is still swinging away, Newsmax, Breitbart, OAN, talk radio...so I wonder if all that is true. I saw a whole raft of crap in the past month from MTG, Boebert, Cruz, and Trump every time he writes a letter or does an interview on the MSM. So is it really being cancelled?
Yes, your damn right it is. Sure they are doing well but WHY?

Same reason that Carano is still employed and doing well, conservatives are setting up their own echo chambers and expanding them as the major centers try and paint half the nation as evil. This move has destroyed lives.

You really think OAN and the Daily Kos are answers to this mess? really? As one side chases the other outside of the cultural centers they are going to build their own. The worse it gets the more impossible it is going to be to reunite them in general and BOTH sides will crumble when they cannot bear to listen to new or challenging ideas. This is the core of what is corrupting the political process.

Cancel culture is just one of those stones that catapulted Trump into office. Keep demonizing 150 million people and they are going to elect someone, anyone, that is willing to fight for them even in name only.
I agree with you 100%
Chris Harrison is the former host of the show The Bachelor. He was cancelled because he asked
The Twitter mob to show “a little grace “ to a young lady who went to an Antebellum party in 2018.
Why do I feel there's more to this story? But thank you for telling me who he is!

No! I looked up antebellum party and there was the whole thing in an article, with their apologies and all. The young lady and Harrison both were very sensitive in their replies, and it was good of them to apologize. It's true it's not our place to tell someone what can offend them, but losing his job over it? Sounds like that sorority had a rep for being racist, which doesn't exactly surprise me in Georgia, and that girl she supposedly bullied....but tbh, it seems like a tempest in a teapot, to me.
It’s cancel culture. They dressed up as Scarlet O’Hara. Bad? Probably. Millions doing it in 2018. To attack a girl like that on Twitter and then fire a person for asking to show a little grace is frankly pathetic.
I am passed giving cancel culture a pass with pathetic.

It is purely evil.

Was/is it evil the many times tRump has supported it? Just asking?

MAGA
Support retaliation or overt attack? Big difference, Leftist

He initiated many of the attacks, gkad you agree with the tRump cancel culture tRumptard!!!

MAGA
Give me an example, leftist. You get one mulligan, one more insult and I unleash on you.

Do not know how to link with phone, but multitude of examples out there. Really your going to unleash on me?

ROTFLMFAO, wow just fucking do it puss-puss!!!!

MAGA
If there are multiple then surely you can give one, prancing Nancy boy or are you lying per usual? You made the statement and this board requires links for proof. Let's see it, leftist. Pretty sure you would say none of this if we were face to face.

Really, wanna bet? I will send you my address if you would like tard?

Nope still don't know how to link on phone!

MAGA
Do it...you're too stupid to even make a phone work. Come to Boston at any time and message me here and we can grab a beer.

I love Boston, but you challenged me so come on over to Akron, Ohio and we can down some moonshine and party.

And ya I am to stupid to link with this phone, no lie there.

MAGA
Akron? LOL....thanks for admitting you're stupid.

No problem thanks for admitting your a pussy.

MAGA
OK Baldo....at least I know how to use a phone. You are what you eat, dickhead.

OMFG, you went back to like second grade with that beauty. Is that unleashing, was that the Kraken?

MAGA
Baldo, why are you so easily offended? Find a job and you ll feel better. Still waiting for you to post proof.

Not at all offended, laughing at what a pussy you are. Pretty simple.

MAGA
Where is the proof? You’re dodging, dickhead
Aldo Raine , please use a select quote to respond

So you were serious? You don't watch the news? You didn't hear about Gina Carano or Chris Harrison?
No.
Virtually anything that may be taken the wrong way if you try really, really hard to misinterpret it.

Or something you said when you were a moronic 21 year old a decade ago. Moronic things we all have said.

For the most part, cancel culture picks a target then FINDS something to cancel them over.
I don't agree with cancel culture as a general rule, so all you folks are really preaching to the choir here. But I think the news you're reading about it is slanted to make it sound a lot more unfair than it actually is. A lot of it is the same sort of sour grapes we hear here when a poster's thread gets poofed. And usually we're hearing less than half the story.

I was curious what else is getting cancelled other than bigotry. You say the whole conservative party. CPAC did quite well, though, didn't it? Fox is still swinging away, Newsmax, Breitbart, OAN, talk radio...so I wonder if all that is true. I saw a whole raft of crap in the past month from MTG, Boebert, Cruz, and Trump every time he writes a letter or does an interview on the MSM. So is it really being cancelled?

Same reason that Carano is still employed and doing well, conservatives are setting up their own echo chambers and expanding them as the major centers try and paint half the nation as evil. This move has destroyed lives.

You really think OAN and the Daily Kos are answers to this mess? really? As one side chases the other outside of the cultural centers they are going to build their own. The worse it gets the more impossible it is going to be to reunite them in general and BOTH sides will crumble when they cannot bear to listen to new or challenging ideas. This is the core of what is corrupting the political process.

Cancel culture is just one of those stones that catapulted Trump into office. Keep demonizing 150 million people and they are going to elect someone, anyone, that is willing to fight for them even in name only.
I agree with you 100%
Chris Harrison is the former host of the show The Bachelor. He was cancelled because he asked
The Twitter mob to show “a little grace “ to a young lady who went to an Antebellum party in 2018.
Why do I feel there's more to this story? But thank you for telling me who he is!

No! I looked up antebellum party and there was the whole thing in an article, with their apologies and all. The young lady and Harrison both were very sensitive in their replies, and it was good of them to apologize. It's true it's not our place to tell someone what can offend them, but losing his job over it? Sounds like that sorority had a rep for being racist, which doesn't exactly surprise me in Georgia, and that girl she supposedly bullied....but tbh, it seems like a tempest in a teapot, to me.
It’s cancel culture. They dressed up as Scarlet O’Hara. Bad? Probably. Millions doing it in 2018. To attack a girl like that on Twitter and then fire a person for asking to show a little grace is frankly pathetic.

It is purely evil.

MAGA
Depends on what you are even referring to. I rarely see anyone actually give cognizant examples of cancel culture on the right. The evil on the right is in a different form.

ROTFLMFAO, ya that's it!!!

MAGA
So no examples then.

Are you just throwing shit at a wall now?

BREAK THE STRING, PEOPLE!!! Use a select quote next time !

Here's a good example,

I did.
No, you did not.

He put up a statement and made a direct connection with consequences.

You went off on a tirade of silly assertions that it only matters if it is a 'lefty.' Words missing from the question you were asked: left, right, democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, Trump, Biden....

IOW, not one single statement about left or right. You did not answer, you dodged like a partisan would doge.

I would actually disagree with the consequences in the example without the context in which it was uttered in as it the conclusion does not immediately follow from the statement.

And the book burnings for cancel culture continue as well. Now Dr. Seuss is to racist:

Here's a good example,

Actually, it's the leftists that persecute any conservative that they deem said or dis something racist yet give the dems a pass. Just like you did with Racial Jungle Joe.

Here's a good example,

Actually, it's the leftists that persecute any conservative that they deem said or dis something racist yet give the dems a pass. Just like you did with Racial Jungle Joe.
Both extremes do it. Just give the partisanship a rest. Not everything has to do with the goddamned president and NO I NEVER SAID IT DID. I'm grumpy that people are going after Dr. Seuss, so leave me the fuck alone.

No.

I agree with you 100%

It is purely evil.

MAGA
Depends on what you are even referring to. I rarely see anyone actually give cognizant examples of cancel culture on the right. The evil on the right is in a different form.

ROTFLMFAO, ya that's it!!!

MAGA
So no examples then.

Are you just throwing shit at a wall now?

No laughing at you assclowns dodging the truth!!!
MAGA
So, again, you apparently just want to point out that you have no examples. No points. No stance. Just complete trollish bitching.

You bolster my points well at least. All I really have to do is point.

They cancel Dr. Suess.

Twitter and Facebook banned the President of the United States.

Big Tech bans posts which dispute the election results, the effectiveness of masks, or even scientists that claim Hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for COVID.

They cancel statues and monuments, because the Dems are in power in Blue states and cities, they have no real leadership on more important issues, and statues and monuments can't fight back.

Meanwhile, they try to indoctrinate our youth into thinking that there is systemic racism everywhere, and it is only propelled by White people, while they constantly spew their own hypocritical bigoted and racist agendas.

For decades, Democrats have controlled the governments of cities, the media, Hollywood, colleges and universities, public education, many US government departments, and now Big Tech. If there is still “systemic racism,” whose fault is it?

netflix01.jpg

In this nanoessay I propose an argument Conservatives should use against Cancel Culture. Progressive Totalitarians support and applaud firing and blacklisting anyone who disagrees with their ideology. They claim that those fired and blacklisted are being "held accountable" for their opinions. Unlike Classic Liberals who defended the rights of workers, modern Progressive Totalitarians support unlimited power of Capitalists to fire any employee for almost any reason. They argue that might makes right.

Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals who oppose Cancel Culture seem to have almost no options. Many Conservatives engage in pointless arguments with Progressive Totalitarians, trying to explain the benefits of a Free Society in which people are not afraid to share their political views. Unfortunately, History teaches us that Despots and Tyrants who hold power are not interested in establishing a Free Society.

Sadly, the only language Despots and Tyrants understand is the language of Consequences -- Argument Ad Baculum. I would never advocate anything illegal or wacky. There are many legal ways to hold Progressive Totalitarians accountable. In my opinion, the only way for Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals to Make America Free Again is by mastering the art of boycott and applying pressure on Progressives. Boycotts would require planning, coordination, and support from media like NewsMax.

Some boycotts may be totally useless -- like a small group trying to boycott a Social Media giant. In other cases, boycotts can be very effective. USA contains thousands of counties and small towns in which 70% or 80% of population is Conservative. Boycotting any small business owned by a Progressive could bring outstanding results.

A more effective strategy would be for small businesses in Conservative towns and counties to make support for Cancel Culture and possibly support for Democratic Party a firing offense. Progressives fired in small Conservative counties would have few job opportunities. They may have to relocate in order to find employment.

Being held accountable would end many Progressives support for Cancel Culture and would tech them to appreciate Diversity of Opinion. It would also be a stepping stone off their high horse. Some of them would have to live a double life -- just like many Conservatives, Independents and Classical Liberals do now. Being held accountable would destroy Progressive Totalitarians claim that they support accountability. They may join Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals in advocating greater worker protections.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of Conservatives are not ready to hold Totalitarian Progressives accountable. Unfortunately, most Conservatives are so invested in Tolerance of different political opinions that they extend unconditional Tolerance toward the Intolerant Progressives. As a result, the Intolerant win and impose their rules upon the rest of Society. Karl Popper's prediction came true once again. In other words, Conservatives oppose Cancel Culture so much that they let it win. This is Paradox of Tolerance exemplified.

Fortunately, there is hope for change. Most Bush Republicans have evolved into Trump Republicans. Perhaps, escalating polarisation of American Society will make Conservatives less tolerant of the Intolerant. Then we can Make America Tolerant Again.
Progressive Totalitarians support and applaud firing and blacklisting anyone who disagrees with their ideology.

So do conservatives
Clergy
Religions
Political parties
Mother's Against clubs
MAD
I can go on for much longer...

In other words all humans have the cancel culture that they use against those they can't and won't agree with or allow to exist. There is no one special demographic groups which has this phenomena that some people are crying victim from..Your use of it implies that you are blaming just one demographic group of doing it..Which again, is an illogical assumption of opinion and not fact..

In this nanoessay I propose an argument Conservatives should use against Cancel Culture. Progressive Totalitarians support and applaud firing and blacklisting anyone who disagrees with their ideology. They claim that those fired and blacklisted are being "held accountable" for their opinions. Unlike Classic Liberals who defended the rights of workers, modern Progressive Totalitarians support unlimited power of Capitalists to fire any employee for almost any reason. They argue that might makes right.

Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals who oppose Cancel Culture seem to have almost no options. Many Conservatives engage in pointless arguments with Progressive Totalitarians, trying to explain the benefits of a Free Society in which people are not afraid to share their political views. Unfortunately, History teaches us that Despots and Tyrants who hold power are not interested in establishing a Free Society.

Sadly, the only language Despots and Tyrants understand is the language of Consequences -- Argument Ad Baculum. I would never advocate anything illegal or wacky. There are many legal ways to hold Progressive Totalitarians accountable. In my opinion, the only way for Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals to Make America Free Again is by mastering the art of boycott and applying pressure on Progressives. Boycotts would require planning, coordination, and support from media like NewsMax.

Some boycotts may be totally useless -- like a small group trying to boycott a Social Media giant. In other cases, boycotts can be very effective. USA contains thousands of counties and small towns in which 70% or 80% of population is Conservative. Boycotting any small business owned by a Progressive could bring outstanding results.

A more effective strategy would be for small businesses in Conservative towns and counties to make support for Cancel Culture and possibly support for Democratic Party a firing offense. Progressives fired in small Conservative counties would have few job opportunities. They may have to relocate in order to find employment.

Being held accountable would end many Progressives support for Cancel Culture and would tech them to appreciate Diversity of Opinion. It would also be a stepping stone off their high horse. Some of them would have to live a double life -- just like many Conservatives, Independents and Classical Liberals do now. Being held accountable would destroy Progressive Totalitarians claim that they support accountability. They may join Conservatives, Independents, and Classical Liberals in advocating greater worker protections.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of Conservatives are not ready to hold Totalitarian Progressives accountable. Unfortunately, most Conservatives are so invested in Tolerance of different political opinions that they extend unconditional Tolerance toward the Intolerant Progressives. As a result, the Intolerant win and impose their rules upon the rest of Society. Karl Popper's prediction came true once again. In other words, Conservatives oppose Cancel Culture so much that they let it win. This is Paradox of Tolerance exemplified.

Fortunately, there is hope for change. Most Bush Republicans have evolved into Trump Republicans. Perhaps, escalating polarisation of American Society will make Conservatives less tolerant of the Intolerant. Then we can Make America Tolerant Again.
Progressive Totalitarians support and applaud firing and blacklisting anyone who disagrees with their ideology.

So do conservatives
Clergy
Religions
Political parties
Mother's Against clubs
MAD
I can go on for much longer...

In other words all humans have the cancel culture that they use against those they can't and won't agree with or allow to exist. There is no one special demographic groups which has this phenomena that some people are crying victim from..Your use of it implies that you are blaming just one demographic group of doing it..Which again, is an illogical assumption of opinion and not fact..
No, they don't.

They cancel Dr. Suess.
Ummm, no "they" didn't.
The owners of the Dr.Seuss publishing estate chose to quit publishing 6 of his 60+ books. They did it because our society is growing in its' awareness of what is racist, or demeaning depictions of minority groups. The Board of the company has been considering this move for some years. Seems pretty healthy to me. (btw, Dr.Seuss is the 2nd most profitable 'dead guy' in our economy...with something like $133 million in profits last year (if memory and source is right). ps....Michael Jackson's estate is #1.

Yup, they did. And our American society is better off for it. Their move follows the ethic articulated by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmses, Jr. who stated in a 1919 Supreme Court opinion --"falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic" is not protected speech. And that pretty much fits those private social media organizations approach. If for no other reason than reducing their liability.
Not dissimilar to you owning that famous theatre....and throwing out the irresponsible jerk who keeps shouting "Fire". If you didn't throw him out, tho he did it repeatedly, well then, you, the owner of the theatre, will also own the results of any panic.

They cancel statues and monuments, because the Dems are in power in Blue states and cities
No, they are 'cancelling' public statues that idolize and celebrate American traitors, military deserters, and warriors for preserving and increasing the slavery of human beings.

Seems like a worthwhile activity --- to relegate those bad guys to a statue park somewhere out in the hinterlands. If you wanna go look and admire traitors.....well, pay the ticket and walk around the figures you like the most.

IMO

They cancel Dr. Suess.
Ummm, no "they" didn't.
The owners of the Dr.Seuss publishing estate chose to quit publishing 6 of his 60+ books. They did it because our society is growing in its' awareness of what is racist, or demeaning depictions of minority groups. The Board of the company has been considering this move for some years. Seems pretty healthy to me. (btw, Dr.Seuss is the 2nd most profitable 'dead guy' in our economy...with something like $133 million in profits last year (if memory and source is right). ps....Michael Jackson's estate is #1.

Yup, they did. And our American society is better off for it. Their move follows the ethic articulated by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmses, Jr. who stated in a 1919 Supreme Court opinion --"falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic" is not protected speech. And that pretty much fits those private social media organizations approach. If for no other reason than reducing their liability.
Not dissimilar to you owning that famous theatre....and throwing out the irresponsible jerk who keeps shouting "Fire". If you didn't throw him out, tho he did it repeatedly, well then, you, the owner of the theatre, will also own the results of any panic.

They cancel statues and monuments, because the Dems are in power in Blue states and cities
No, they are 'cancelling' public statues that idolize and celebrate American traitors, military deserters, and warriors for preserving and increasing the slavery of human beings.

Seems like a worthwhile activity --- to relegate those bad guys to a statue park somewhere out in the hinterlands. If you wanna go look and admire traitors.....well, pay the ticket and walk around the figures you like the most.

IMO
They cancel Dr. Suess.
> Ummm, no "they" didn't. The owners of the Dr.Seuss publishing estate chose to quit publishing 6 of his 60+ books.

Nonsense. They bowed to pressure from the Left. His books from the 1930's to 1950's are full of diverse characters, and he was anti-racist.

Here are lots of links from prior to 2020 when the Left was all offended by his cartoons, because they do not have a brain and have to find something to be offended about, so they can cancel it and feel "empowered"...

>Yup, they did. And our American society is better off for it.

Nazi much?

Speech that is perfectly legal on a NYC sidewalk is being censored everywhere. And as you are undoubtedly aware, there is a huge double standard, where Democrats are allowed to say virtually identical things that Republicans are.

But you support such censorship, because you do not respect differing opinions which do not comply with the "official narrative."

You should be ashamed, and you will regret your stance some day, I predict, when they do it to you.

Facebook did it to me, and I don't even cuss on-line. I left immediately.

>
Seems like a worthwhile activity

I believe I read that the recent "stimulus" bill includes $150M for such efforts that you support. Dems are full of such meaningless wastes of money, to look like they are doing something important. They'll cancel George Washington and Thomas Jefferson with their misguided efforts, while continuing to enslave our inner cities and BIPOC people everywhere with their misguided policies.

You and your Democrat party are the party are the party of slavery, the party of the KKK, the party of Jim Crow laws, the party of Affirmative Action , the party of Planned Parenthood (killing Black babies).

race1-jpg.457192

f9d0652016a3ec674a886d5afc45d168a574758f3eb5c110cac6de828d2ab96f.png

conservatives02.jpg

There is no one special demographic groups which has this phenomena that some people are crying victim from..Your use of it implies that you are blaming just one demographic group of doing it..Which again, is an illogical assumption of opinion and not fact..

So far Progressives are cancelling on a much more massive scale then Conservatives. I hope Conservatives can master the art and become as effective.

There is no one special demographic groups which has this phenomena that some people are crying victim from..Your use of it implies that you are blaming just one demographic group of doing it..Which again, is an illogical assumption of opinion and not fact..

So far Progressives are cancelling on a much more massive scale then Conservatives. I hope Conservatives can master the art and become as effective.
After the Drug War starring Ronald Reagan and his version of cancel culture you'd think people would stop being so mean to each other.

Unfortunately, it does not appear to work. There are countless examples, like when privileged scumbag, Colin Kaepernick, refused to stand for the American flag, he ended up with a multi-million dollar Nike contract as a result.

kaepernick-socks-cops-08-31-16.png

Maybe it's better to take the high road, and instead of cancelling things, supporting businesses that support our ideals. Seems to have worked for Goya foods, Fox News, Chik-Fil-A, and such.

My little personal boycott of Hollywood, the NFL, the NBA, Netflix, Nike, Google, Facebook, Twitter and such does not seem to have much effect. I still see countless Conservative websites posting daily Twitter links. What's up with that??? Next, they will be posting TikTok links (sigh).

Here's a good example,

I did.

No.

I agree with you 100%

It is purely evil.

MAGA
Support retaliation or overt attack? Big difference, Leftist

He initiated many of the attacks, gkad you agree with the tRump cancel culture tRumptard!!!

MAGA
Give me an example, leftist. You get one mulligan, one more insult and I unleash on you.

Do not know how to link with phone, but multitude of examples out there. Really your going to unleash on me?

ROTFLMFAO, wow just fucking do it puss-puss!!!!

MAGA
If there are multiple then surely you can give one, prancing Nancy boy or are you lying per usual? You made the statement and this board requires links for proof. Let's see it, leftist. Pretty sure you would say none of this if we were face to face.

Really, wanna bet? I will send you my address if you would like tard?

Nope still don't know how to link on phone!

MAGA
Do it...you're too stupid to even make a phone work. Come to Boston at any time and message me here and we can grab a beer.

I love Boston, but you challenged me so come on over to Akron, Ohio and we can down some moonshine and party.

And ya I am to stupid to link with this phone, no lie there.

MAGA
Akron? LOL....thanks for admitting you're stupid.

No problem thanks for admitting your a pussy.

MAGA
OK Baldo....at least I know how to use a phone. You are what you eat, dickhead.

OMFG, you went back to like second grade with that beauty. Is that unleashing, was that the Kraken?

MAGA
Baldo, why are you so easily offended? Find a job and you ll feel better. Still waiting for you to post proof.

Not at all offended, laughing at what a pussy you are. Pretty simple.

MAGA
Where is the proof? You’re dodging, dickhead
Aldo Raine , please use a select quote to respond

Thanks for pointing out how effective the system can be in causing liberal knickers to be so twisted they cause both physical and mental pain!

Never, up to now, had I thought of the system being our FRIEND!

Forum List

Back