Zone1 A place to create/find platonic, friends only?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I just want to meet good people, any religion really but Christian is fine as we have something in common. I am married still, looking just for friendships. I can't seem to find any chat sites that aren't set up for anything but dating/relationships. Male or females really as long as they are good people. Any ideas? I isolated myslff with my wifes friends/family when I moved to her city and I need to become independent again.

I just want to meet good people, any religion really but Christian is fine as we have something in common. I am married still, looking just for friendships. I can't seem to find any chat sites that aren't set up for anything but dating/relationships. Male or females really as long as they are good people. Any ideas? I isolated myslff with my wifes friends/family when I moved to her city and I need to become independent again.

There are some great people here! But maybe dm's are the place for that since there are also some not so great people here.

I dunno. I joined a chatroom one time and it moved faster than a scalded cat. I couldn't keep up so I skulked away.

I wish you the best luck though- I know how it feels.

Join A golf league for summer. Bowling league for winter. Join card clubs. There are women in card clubs. Not likely for golf or bowling leagues. Card clubs tend to frown on those who are not good at it. Bowling and golf don't seem to mind as much as you receive a hand cap. Sites are not in person things. Don't know about Canada but around here you can also join the Eagles or the Moose clubs.

Volunteer... that's what I do... I'm a eagles member and we BBQ in the summer for charity... I didn't know anyone when I moved here a few years ago... now I know half the town.... the club has a bar with billiards contests and all kinds of fun events...
Also play golf... that's a great way to meet folks... I also volunteered to coach golf at the high school... it was fun while it lasted but they ended the course and disbanded the team after covid.... but still when I see High school kids in town they call me coach... which is kind of cool...

Join A golf league for summer. Bowling league for winter. Join card clubs. There are women in card clubs. Not likely for golf or bowling leagues. Card clubs tend to frown on those who are not good at it. Bowling and golf don't seem to mind as much as you receive a hand cap. Sites are not in person things. Don't know about Canada but around here you can also join the Eagles or the Moose clubs.
I don't need to meet women, just good people. I am a card shark but am I going to meet Christian playing cards or playng golf? 10 Years ago my wife had a party for me and we had probably 15 friends there, there could have been 25. Today there might be 2 there. I cut off all my old friends due to distance and life. I isolated myself though I am a good, outgoing but relaxed human being when in my element.

Last edited:
It's like reading about a human size pack of cotton wool .

You should concentrate on having some worthwhile "things" to offer .
Not obsessive narcissm or a fixation with a narrow and cult life style .

The only talent I remotely imagine for you is planting pansies in a garden centre .You might be one of the few where a basic identity change might work wonders.

I don't need to meet women, just good people. I am a card shark but am I going ti meet Christian playing cards or playng golf? 10 Years ago my wife had a party for me and we had probably 15 friends there, there coukd have been 25. Today there might be 2 there. I cut off all my old friends due to distance and life. I isolated myself though I am a good, outgoing but relaxed human being when in my element.
Most the population on north America is Christian. Why would golf or cards preclude that? Card clubs are typically euker or bridge groups. I suppose there are some poker clubs.
If ya wanna talk about God all day Bible study is where ya go. Ya wanna have something to do on days other than Sunday ya might wanna find subjects other than religion and politics to talk about. Even good Christians like a little variety. Not going to get a lot of invites to hang with most people if that is all you an talk about.

It's like reading about a human size pack of cotton wool .

You should concentrate on having some worthwhile "things" to offer .
Not obsessive narcissm or a fixation with a narrow and cult life style .

The only talent I remotely imagine for you is planting pansies in a garden centre .You might be one of the few where a basic identity change might work wonders.
What does that mean? There was a time I was benching 3 and a quarter plates in the gym, a former athlete and National wrestling qualifier. Am I supposed to walk around like a tough guy like you? Go fly a kite in a thunderstorm. You're Useful for someone, it isn't me...

Last edited:
Most the population on north America is Christian. Why would golf or cards preclude that? Card clubs are typically euker or bridge groups. I suppose there are some poker clubs.
If ya wanna talk about God all day Bible study is where ya go. Ya wanna have something to do on days other than Sunday ya might wanna find subjects other than religion and politics to talk about. Even good Christians like a little variety. Not going to get a lot of invites to hang with most people if that is all you an talk about.
There arent many Chrisrians in Caada, certainly not in Ontario, I dont care what the data suggests. Just having a Christian name and giving gifts Dec 25th doesn't make one a Christisn. We are the East Germany of North America...

What does that mean? There wss a time I was benching 3 and a quarter plates in the gym, a former athlete and National wrestling qualifier. Am I supposed to walk around like a tough guy like you? Go fly a kite in a thunderstorm. You're Useful for someone, it isn't me...
Use to be? If ya can still be athletic lots of church basketball and softball leagues.

Everything is so damned political now.
There use to be a 1000 chat sites of all sizes years ago. All gone.
So you have any special interest?
I was a homebrewer for 15 years, I went to a homebrewer forum for years.
Also a Tech forum. And political forums use to be a great place to make actual friends. But again, it is so "red vs. blue" tribalistic now on political forums it is hard to know people.

There arent many Chrisrians in Caada, certainly not in Ontario, I dont care what the data suggests. Just having a Christian name and giving gifts Dec 25th doesn't make one a Christisn. We are the East Germany of North America...
Lol, not gunna make a lot of friends if it is on your terms alone buddy. Ya wanna sit alone? Or do ya wanna have people to hang with? Don't do things against your religion but also don't preach at people. Lead by example not with your mouth.

Lol, not gunna make a lot of friends if it is on your terms alone buddy. Ya wanna sit alone? Or do ya wanna have people to hang with? Don't do things against your religion but also don't preach at people. Lead by example not with your mouth.
I preach to noone I just know Canada. Come live here and give us your feedback. My terms are pretty simple and I don't belittle people or act like a fake tough guy on here if you sre referring to my comment to the Luiza character

Last edited:
Everything is so damned political now.
There use to be a 1000 chat sites of all sizes years ago. All gone.
So you have any special interest?
I was a homebrewer for 15 years, I went to a homebrewer forum for years.
Also a Tech forum. And political forums use to be a great place to make actual friends. But again, it is so "red vs. blue" tribalistic now on political forums it is hard to know people.
One.person told me they are " a rare Christian Democrat" and couldn't chat with me because "most Christians are too right wing and hate me (them)" . Errr, Im Canadian and a Libertarian, I'm an endangered species in Canada. You are right, the divide is absurd.

Forum List

Back