A piece of the moon for sale: just $2.5 million

Overtime Paycheck

May 6, 2020
LONDON (Reuters) - One of the world’s largest lunar meteorites goes on private sale at Christie’s on Thursday, valued at 2 million pounds ($2.49 million).

The moon rock, weighing over 13.5 kg, was probably struck off the surface of the moon by a collision with an asteroid or comet and then showered down on the Sahara desert.

Someday once mining the moon becomes the norm these rocks are going to drop dramatically in value.

LONDON (Reuters) - One of the world’s largest lunar meteorites goes on private sale at Christie’s on Thursday, valued at 2 million pounds ($2.49 million).

The moon rock, weighing over 13.5 kg, was probably struck off the surface of the moon by a collision with an asteroid or comet and then showered down on the Sahara desert.

Someday once mining the moon becomes the norm these rocks are going to drop dramatically in value.
As someone who paid for the Apollo missions with my tax dollars, I already own a piece of that rock and want my share. No one "owns" the Moon, so I question the veracity of anyone trying to sell a piece of it.

Private laboratories, collectors, sculptures. There's plenty of people who would like to own a moon meteorite.

We will all be dead by then!

We won't be around to see moon mining as a thriving industry but we will see the start of it with small mining operations similar to what we see with Mars rovers.

As someone who paid for the Apollo missions with my tax dollars, I already own a piece of that rock and want my share. No one "owns" the Moon, so I question the veracity of anyone trying to sell a piece of it.
Your taxes didn’t pay for it.

We won't be around to see moon mining as a thriving industry but we will see the start of it with small mining operations similar to what we see with Mars rovers.

Nope. Not going to happen in our lifetimes. We have COVID-19 type viruses to kill off.

Forum List

Back