Zone1 A Personal Question for Black Lives and Whites....

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If I could go back in Time and change the minds of America's Founding Fathers, successfully convincing them that starting a "Free" country with an economy tied to human enslavement was a bad idea.....

Would you want me to?

:eusa_think:

One thing certain... that would be a VERY different Timeline.

"Free" by the standards of the day, or "free" by today's standards? ... you do know the Bible condones slavery, don't you? ...

And how do you define slavery? ... at the time of the revolution, almost all people in the American Colonies were slaves, very few nobility ... how does one outlaw themselves? ...

It would have certainly caused a lot less headache.

It would have ended years of government abuse of the south and constant political turmoil. It would have prevented a civil war. Most importantly, blacks wouldn't have the fucking sense of entitlement.

"Free" by the standards of the day, or "free" by today's standards? ... you do know the Bible condones slavery, don't you? ...

And how do you define slavery? ... at the time of the revolution, almost all people in the American Colonies were slaves, very few nobility ... how does one outlaw themselves? ...

Slavery in the sense of forced manual labor, without pay, based on race. I think you know damn well what it means.

If I could go back in Time and change the minds of America's Founding Fathers, successfully convincing them that starting a "Free" country with an economy tied to human enslavement was a bad idea.....

Would you want me to?

Different timeline....
Different people (than us in our timeline ) would populate that alternative timeline a number of years after your interference point. There is no guarantee that humanity and the world would be better due to your trip back in time, but it might be.

Would you be able to come back again? You are good dude, so I'm hoping you would.

If it meant getting stuck in that time period, I can think of all sorts of posters I would like to send back to that time period so they can try to convince folks that men can have babies and all the other things they believe in today.

Would you want me to?

Wealthy people needed a new country. Their profits were being diminished elsewhere. Your proposal makes no sense.

Slavery in the sense of forced manual labor, without pay, based on race. I think you know damn well what it means.

That definition describes Feudalism ... which was the case in the American Colonies de jure ... the form of slavery practiced in the Antebellum South was one of the most brutal and merciless forms in all history ... and poor whites suffered as well ...

Hey STUPID ... white people never enslaved black people ... white people BOUGHT slaves from black people ... so ... fucking duh ... the slaves were black, who'd'a thought huh? ... Bubba didn't finish Middle School ...

It would have certainly caused a lot less headache.

It would have ended years of government abuse of the south and constant political turmoil. It would have prevented a civil war. Most importantly, blacks wouldn't have the fucking sense of entitlement.
No it wouldn't. The South would have sided with the British and the North would have been crushed. The USA would probably not have even reached dominion status like Canada until the late twentieth century. Without the northern, largely free colonies compromising with the southern slave owning colonies there would never have been a United States.

That definition describes Feudalism ... which was the case in the American Colonies de jure ... the form of slavery practiced in the Antebellum South was one of the most brutal and merciless forms in all history ... and poor whites suffered as well ...

Hey STUPID ... white people never enslaved black people ... white people BOUGHT slaves from black people ... so ... fucking duh ... the slaves were black, who'd'a thought huh? ... Bubba didn't finish Middle School ...

Bro, are you a retard? I know how fucking slavery worked. And just because the whites bought them from blacks doesn't make it somehow morally better.

The African slave trade was banned in 1807, meaning all slaves in the U.S. were replenishing themselves, we weren't getting any more of them from Africa. Poor whites weren't enslaved, negros were, based on their race. It wasn't Feudal. At no point was the U.S. a Feudal nation. We were an overtaxed nation without representation, and that's why we revolted.

Bro, are you a retard? I know how fucking slavery worked. And just because the whites bought them from blacks doesn't make it somehow morally better.

The African slave trade was banned in 1807, meaning all slaves in the U.S. were replenishing themselves, we weren't getting any more of them from Africa. Poor whites weren't enslaved, negros were, based on their race. It wasn't Feudal. At no point was the U.S. a Feudal nation. We were an overtaxed nation without representation, and that's why we revolted.

I specifically said the American Colonies de jure ... and we've always been revolting ... vc w9 ncc [kitten attack] ...

"Free" by the standards outlined in The Constitution as written.

Don't politic out on the question... I'm not asking anything about the morality of enslavement - I want to know if people are willing to accept our ugly history yet.

Probably because your Bible condones it, the Europeans of 300 - 400 years ago thought it a good idea to experiment with industrialized enslavement based on race. It is an experiment that is still blowing up in the face of humanity.

Personally, I believe that it's close to Time to move on. But moving on requires America to accept the historic facts of what happened, and to learn to truly appreciate the positive changes to both their own families Timeline, and to history, that the fact of intertwining humanity in 'Industrialized Enslavement' brought about, while acknowledging the cruelty and the contribution.

Different timeline....
Different people (than us in our timeline ) would populate that alternative timeline a number of years after your interference point. There is no guarantee that humanity and the world would be better due to your trip back in time, but it might be.
Absolutely.

That there is the fun in fantasy.

If America had not compromised on the economics and kept the European enslavement experiment going....

Would we have air conditioning?

Would we have roads and cars?

Would we have fought WW2?

Would we have won? :dunno:

Wealthy people needed a new country. Their profits were being diminished elsewhere. Your proposal makes no sense.
It's a fantasy. Un-twist your panties and go with it.

Ass-U-Me a successful mission in ending the European Enslavement Experiment at the onset of The American Experiment and let your mind fantasize the changes to history.

It's a fantasy. Un-twist your panties and go with it.

Ass-U-Me a successful mission in ending the European Enslavement Experiment at the onset of The American Experiment and let your mind fantasize the changes to history.

You are right. I didn't think about it that way.

I think the United States would have become financially destitute fairly quickly and developed into a military super power within the first 50 years in order to survive. We would have became more brutal than the English and robbed and pillaged all of our neighboring territories.

Would you want me to?

The demographics of the country would definitely be affected.

"Free" by the standards outlined in The Constitution as written.

Don't politic out on the question... I'm not asking anything about the morality of enslavement - I want to know if people are willing to accept our ugly history yet.

Probably because your Bible condones it, the Europeans of 300 - 400 years ago thought it a good idea to experiment with industrialized enslavement based on race. It is an experiment that is still blowing up in the face of humanity.

Personally, I believe that it's close to Time to move on. But moving on requires America to accept the historic facts of what happened, and to learn to truly appreciate the positive changes to both their own families Timeline, and to history, that the fact of intertwining humanity in 'Industrialized Enslavement' brought about, while acknowledging the cruelty and the contribution.

Jim Crow is our problem ... that's TODAY ... don't history out of the issue ... no, we will NEVER accept our history, first we must be honest about our history ... slavery is dominate in our culture since the dawn of written language ... that's not "politicking" out of the question, that's putting the question in it's proper framework ...

Slavery was outlawed ... many of these newly freed hard-working Blacks made money, good money, on good land ... ran for political office and WON ... The Whites in the Postbellum South had to stop that ... no way were they going to take orders from an asterisk-laden individual ... all these rich producive lands making Black rich were "re-zoned" white-only and the land taken from Blacks ... the Constitution requires just compensation and that was NEVER given ... our SCOTUS ruled Jim Crow as lawful, so Blacks got NO compenstation ...

This was lawful ... the slavery issue is just a distraction from our Constitutionally Responsibility to pay these people ... with 150 years worth of interest ... or give all the land back, take it from the Rich White people who stole it ...

How can there be peace before there is justice? ... Slavery is ended, time to end Jim Crow ... reparations DO NOT fix things ... returning STOLEN PROPERTY does ...

Forum List

Back