A Palestinian Legal System In Their Own LAND?

ajwps

Nov 7, 2003
Houston, TX
This enemy within Israel is the face of evil!

Mohammed Rafiq Daraghmeh molested both his daughters. "What should his sentence be?" asked a gunman as he turned to a crowd of 500 watching Daraghmeh's street trial in the West Bank town of Qabatiya.

"Execution! Kill him, kill him!" the mob chanted.

The militants who had captured the 45-year-old Daraghmeh pushed him to the ground and machine-gunned him to death.

Credit the Palestinians for finally bringing a child abuser to justice. I never heard of anything like that.

Oh, did I mention that he was also on trial, if you want to call it that, for collaborating with the Israelis? That could have been the real reason for doing him in.

The killing of Israeli collaborators has been reported in the past, but it took this incident on Friday, July 2, for the meaning of this to get in my head: This is a war crime.

What else can it be? First, Israel and the Arabs are engaged in a formally undeclared war, which Gaza and West Bank Arabs initiated nearly four years ago.

The militants who seized Daraghmeh and dragged him to the town square are not part of any sovereign government and at this time there is no operational legal system in Israel's territories. Even when there was a legal system, its officers bowed to this kind of vigilante justice.

And so, this illegitimate group - known as the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades - brought Daraghmeh to the town square and shot him in cold blood.

They took the law into their own hands during wartime. That makes it a war crime.

Daraghmeh is among at least 30 people murdered by Palestinian groups who accused the victims of serving as informers for the Israeli government. Palestinian informers do this for a variety of reasons - bribes, use of Israeli services, early release of imprisoned relatives. It should be no surprise if some help Israel to battle other families and clans in blood feuds.

Though they may not do this out of any great love for Israelis, I have to wonder if some do this simply because they are subjugated by Palestinian leaders who are in control and tyrannizing their own people. After all, this war is not only between Israel and the Palestinians, but also between ordinary Palestinians who have been cheated by corrupt Arab officials. They stand to lose the most so long as Yasser Arafat and his minions remain in power.

In a disingenuous remark, Local Government Minister Jamal Shobaki of the Palestinian Authority told reporters, "We want every act to be carried out via legal channels and oppose anyone who behaves otherwise. However, we are incapable of enforcing law and order in Palestinian areas (subject to) occupation."

The PA was "incapable of enforcing law and order" long before this.

I recall two incidents. During a trial for a suspected collaborator in Gaza, a crowd observing the trial abruptly rushed forward and killed the defendant. On another occasion, a group of Palestinians broke into a prison, dragged a convicted collaborator from his cell and murdered him. Police felt powerless in both instances.

If this is a preview of a future Palestinian state's legal system… make up your own jokes.

dilloduck said:
You mean Israel is really gonna let them have one??

Israel offered it to them twice on a platter.

They simply turned down the offer. They have one that they can't refuse.

The point of the Kalashnikov at the head of the Arabs has made their choice for them.

Offers are now CLOSED....

ajwps said:
Israel offered it to them twice on a platter.

They simply turned down the offer. They have one that they can't refuse.

The point of the Kalashnikov at the head of the Arabs has made their choice for them.

Offers are now CLOSED....

Guess we don't have to worry about thier justice system then.

dilloduck said:
Guess we don't have to worry about thier justice system then.

Right on the mark. WE don't have to worry about their justice system as they carry out 'war crimes' against their own people.

If a Palestinian state had ever emerged, nobody any longer would hand it to them on a silver platter, as ex-Prime Minister Ehud Barak tried to do four years ago. They have not earned or deserved it by their own actions. The world would have needed to hold their feet to the fire on every relevant issue. The first step would have been to establish certain criteria for a viable Palestinian state.

1) The government would not have been able to use the state as a staging ground for attacks on Israel or any other country, and they would have had to aggressively pursue and prosecute all individuals or groups attempting such attacks, and avoided association with nations that sponsor terrorism;

2) An Arab government would have had to aggressively maintain law and order, while respecting the civil rights of all its citizens;

3) Basic services would have to have been provided to all citizens on an equitable basis and a tight system could have been created to account for all spending;

4) A criminal justice system that would have established and aggressively prosecuted all serious crimes, including murder, domestic abuse, child abuse and vigilantism;

5) Government leaders would have been elected through the democratic process;

6) The international community would have helped the Palestinians develop an economy and governmental system, and the Palestinian leadership would have necessarily fully cooperated;

7) Any Palestinian government would have had to establish diplomatic and economic ties with Israel, Egypt and Jordan, and those countries would have had to cooperate with the Palestinian government to make it a viable state.

Some reasons for these now bygone ground rules were obvious, while others not so obvious. On a collective level, Palestinians have obviously failed every test or criteria on this list.

And I thank G-d they did fail miserably to obtain a government state carved out of Israeli territory.

ajwps said:
Right on the mark. WE don't have to worry about their justice system as they carry out 'war crimes' against their own people.

If a Palestinian state had ever emerged, nobody any longer would hand it to them on a silver platter, as ex-Prime Minister Ehud Barak tried to do four years ago. They have not earned or deserved it by their own actions. The world would have needed to hold their feet to the fire on every relevant issue. The first step must would have been to establish criteria for a viable Palestinian state.

1) The government would not have been able to use the state as a staging ground for attacks on Israel or any other country, and they would have had to aggressively pursue and prosecute all individuals or groups attempting such attacks, and avoided association with nations that sponsor terrorism;

2) An Arab government would have had to aggressively maintain law and order, while respecting the civil rights of all its citizens;

3) Basic services would have to have been provided to all citizens on an equitable basis and a tight system could have been created to account for all spending;

4) A criminal justice system would have established that should have aggressively prosecuted all serious crimes, including murder, domestic abuse, child abuse and vigilantism;

5) Government leaders would have been elected through the democratic process;

6) The international community would have helped the Palestinians develop an economy and governmental system, and the Palestinian leadership would have necessarily fully cooperated;

7) Any Palestinian government would have had to establish diplomatic and economic ties with Israel, Egypt and Jordan, and those countries would have had to cooperate with the Palestinian government to make it a viable state.

Some reasons for these now bygone ground rules were obvious, while others not so obvious. On a collective level, Palestinians have obviously failed every test or criteria on this list.

And I thank G-d they did failed miserably to obtain a government state from Israeli territory.

I'm sure you do!----as long as the Palestinians are in dissaray, Israel can justify anything they do. ( Not that it matters because Israel does what it wants anyway )

dilloduck said:
I'm sure you do!----as long as the Palestinians are in dissaray, Israel can justify anything they do. ( Not that it matters because Israel does what it wants anyway )

Correct again. As long as the Arabs in Israel keep themselves in dissaray, Israel can justify anything necessary to protect their people and their property.

You contradict yourself again. You previously said that HALF OF THE ISRAELIS want loan guarantees and give the Arabs a homeland instead of having security for themselves and their country and now you say it matters not because (ALL) Israel does what it wants anyway.

:boohoo:

ajwps said:
Correct again. As long as the Arabs in Israel keep themselves in dissaray, Israel can justify anything necessary to protect their people and their property.

You contradict yourself again. You previously said that HALF OF THE ISRAELIS want loan guarantees instead of having security for themselves and their country and now you say it matters not because (ALL) Israel does what it wants anyway.

:boohoo:

Depends on who is in power---there are certainly those in Israel who oppose the present administrations tactics.-----No contradiction tho--Israel always does what it wants.

dilloduck said:
Depends on who is in power---there are certainly those in Israel who oppose the present administrations tactics.-----No contradiction tho--Israel always does what it wants.

Depends on who is in power? The Israeli government or an Arab government?

There are those in all democratic countries that apposes their present administration's policies. Why does that surprise you?

No contradiction? Israel decides what it wants to just as England, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and all the rest of democratic countries?

Why do you pick out Israel as some kind of other entity?

ajwps said:
Depends on who is in power? The Israeli government or an Arab government?

There are those in all democratic countries that apposes their present administration's policies. Why does that surprise you?

No contradiction? Israel decides what it wants to just as England, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and all the rest of democratic countries?

Why do you pick out Israel as some kind of other entity?

Because earlier YOU said Israel had to jump thru hoops to get American "grants"and loans. No--an opposition party in Israel does not surprise me at all. That's what I meant be whose in power. (which Isreali party is in power)

dilloduck said:
Because earlier YOU said Israel had to jump thru hoops to get American "grants"and loans. No--an opposition party in Israel does not surprise me at all. That's what I meant be whose in power. (which Isreali party is in power)

I said that Israel's Priminster has strings tied to loan guarantees. Does an opposition party surprise you in any Democracy?

Right now nobody knows which party is in power? It will take another election to determine the direction Israel will take. Just like the election process America is now going through until November, 04.

ajwps said:
I said that Israel's Priminster has strings tied to loan guarantees. Does an opposition party surprise you in any Democracy?

Right now nobody knows which party is in power? It will take another election to determine the direction Israel will take. Just like the election process America is now going through until November, 04.

Oppostion in any form of government doen't surprise me. No one knows who is in charge in Israel? That's interesting !

dilloduck said:
Oppostion in any form of government doen't surprise me. No one knows who is in charge in Israel? That's interesting !

You mistook my words. Nobody knows exactly which party is in power right now but everybody knows who is currently in charge in Israel. It is the problem of maintaining a coalition of parties (unlike American politics) which keeps the Prminister from having to go through an early election.

It looks like there will be an Israeli election at least one year earlier than the normal term of office.

Forum List

Back