A Must See! Hornby Island, BC Bald eagle Cam

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
Kick back and watch these Bald eagles raise their one little survivor. It also has audio.
A friend sent me this link and I thought it might be of interest to some in here.

The nest is located about 30 meters (100 feet) up an evergreen tree, and is situated on private property about 100 meters from the ocean on Hornby Island in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the British Columbia mainland.

http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=442

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Mom just moved out of the way so I could see the chick. They must have some serious noise attenuation on that microphone. The wind on papa bird's neck is kind of fierce.

I shiver watching that. Way up in a tree on an island in BC. So much wind, rain and cold.

Kick back and watch these Bald eagles raise their one little survivor. It also has audio.
A friend sent me this link and I thought it might be of interest to some in here.

The nest is located about 30 meters (100 feet) up an evergreen tree, and is situated on private property about 100 meters from the ocean on Hornby Island in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the British Columbia mainland.

We have a nesting pair 3 miles from my house (love living outside the city). They have an old tree they like to feed on just about 100 yeards from my back deck. I have binoculars I take out everyday about 5 pm. Me and my kids watch them. Amazingly beautiful creatures...

We have a nesting pair 3 miles from my house (love living outside the city). They have an old tree they like to feed on just about 100 yeards from my back deck. I have binoculars I take out everyday about 5 pm. Me and my kids watch them. Amazingly beautiful creatures...

You are one lucky person to have them that close. They seem more devoted to their offspring than many of us human beings. I do a lot of photography which includes wildlife, many of birds, some in flight etc. have several thousand in the PC's and about 5000 just in my IPOD. I see a lot of hawks around here, never a bald eagle.

You are one lucky person to have them that close. They seem more devoted to their offspring than many of us human beings. I do a lot of photography which includes wildlife, many of birds, some in flight etc. have several thousand in the PC's and about 5000 just in my IPOD. I see a lot of hawks around here, never a bald eagle.

THe funny thing is, they released a total of 4 breeding pairs near lake erie about 5-6 years ago. And 6 months later these two show up about 60 Miles south. Turns (as usual) the scientists had some things wrong about them regarding how far apart to place them. This couple was pushed south by competition of the others.

Anyway glad to have them for as long as they stay. I have never seen them with their young or their actual nest. Just this tree near me where they feed in the evenings.

Forum List

Back