A mind-blowing scientific piece on the number of galaxies and stars

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
First, the link: There are more galaxies in the Universe than even Carl Sagan ever imagined

Second, the commentary: Not much. I'm not a scientist. But I do find this material fascinating.

The mere notion that there may be as many as 20 TRILLION galaxies "out there" and that so many of them have so many billions of stars, each, is astounding. The fact that human scientists now aided by computers and amazing telescopes of different kinds can make calculations about such things is impressive as hell. Although the enormous distances involved make it appear to be very unlikely that we are going to be visited by any alien life or that we will ever be able to visit them, I think the numbers do suggest that there has to be other life in our cosmos aside from life being exclusively on just this one blue-green little planet.

The Universe is constantly expanding and as Stars die, new Stars are being formed.
I agree that there is life in many other Galaxies, has to be.

Over the eons Billions of civilizations have probably come and gone
I don't know about that estimate, but it seems possible (maybe even likely) that civilizations have arisen at some point in parts of the universe. On this one planet alone we've had numerous civilizations rise and fall.

We here on Earth are nothing my friends

Less than a speck of sand in the scheme of life.... oh well....

I highly doubt there is other life in the universe, at least not as it may be portrayed by sci-fi.
The specific parameters that make life possible here on Earth are just too rare for it to be statistically likely.

I think there are other, non-human beings but these are extra-dimensional & would not qualify as true aliens from our time & space perspective.
These beings are the angels & fallen angels of the Bible & are most likely responsible for at least some of the UFO activity our govt now admits is out there & documented with no explanation.

I think there are other, non-human beings but these are extra-dimensional & would not qualify as true aliens from our time & space perspective.
These beings are the angels & fallen angels of the Bible & are most likely responsible for at least some of the UFO activity our govt now admits is out there & documented with no explanation.

Exactly. Even many secular researchers (including some well-known and respected ones) after decades of research concluded that so-called "aliens" are not extra-terrestrial, but extra-dimensional beings. And I'm glad that at least some of us know what they actually are.

I believe that ^^^^ would (or is) impossible to calculate.
Maybe not precisely, but we can do this:

"The new study suggests that half of all stars that have ever existed were born in a boom between 11 billion and nine billion years ago, researchers said. Further, if the measured star-formation decline continues, then a maximum of 5 percent more stars will ever be produced — even if we wait forever."

Maybe not precisely, but we can do this:
"The new study suggests that half of all stars that have ever existed were born in a boom between 11 billion and nine billion years ago, researchers said. Further, if the measured star-formation decline continues, then a maximum of 5 percent more stars will ever be produced — even if we wait forever."
Very cool link. The eternal question remains, who can create a vast universe from "nothing"?

A few "factoids" to consider:
1. The "big bang" spewed all of the energy in the universe thru an aperture about the size of an atom in an instant. All the galaxies cane from a spec of energy as it cooled.
2. "Time" didn't exist until the big bang
3. The universe is missing a lot of "anti-matter" where is it?
4. Was the universe formed by a reverse "matter/anti-matter" explosion so there is an "anti-matter universe" parallel with ours?
5. In about 100 trillion years the universe will be a cold empty space, which tends to agree with the "stars sputtering out" scenario.

1656427192966.png

Forum List

Back